PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: Lady Pfefferknot's Visit! (EXPIRED EVENT) 6/4/15 - 6/29/15

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

DeeDeeBird70
06-05-15, 12:57 AM
My first trade for 10 grapes needed 10 jewels, 10 bones, and 10 creep teeth.

Many thanks to all who have skipped ahead and are showing the way.

AnniePMH
06-05-15, 01:02 AM
Ivy's Hut just dropped a grape for me. Forgive me it that has already been posted.

Yes, one grape from Ivy's Hut. Also from Harvest Pergola and Summer Gazebo:)

AnniePMH
06-05-15, 01:06 AM
I just got the first individual prize, it's awesome! That is a lot of grape vines! ;) Love the added colour!

I can't make anything square though as the corners don't line up. Anyone else have this issue or is it just my OCD? They are either too far out from the other sides or too far in. I can't seem to make exact corners like other fencing.

I have had to make them in rows which takes up a lot of room to display them all.

Am I crazy?

No, not comparatively...lol!;) I don't think the fences are made as walls/hedges at all, no RP either...

ghjvcucjb
06-05-15, 01:09 AM
I just got the first individual prize, it's awesome! That is a lot of grape vines! ;) Love the added colour!

I can't make anything square though as the corners don't line up. Anyone else have this issue or is it just my OCD? They are either too far out from the other sides or too far in. I can't seem to make exact corners like other fencing.

I have had to make them in rows which takes up a lot of room to display them all.

Am I crazy?

Have you tried rotating them to make them fit?

AnniePMH
06-05-15, 01:21 AM
Have you tried rotating them to make them fit?

Does not help the corner issue...

moizad
06-05-15, 01:24 AM
all indi-prizes and lv 10 estemate:

Very impressive !!! How did you already reached this level at that time yesterday ???!!!! :eek::confused:

rou111
06-05-15, 01:29 AM
So we need 312 total corks and barrels and we are only getting one per collection.
There are a possible ten corks or barrels available from quests. So this still leaves 302 to upgrade to level ten building.
If we manage to collect every three hours to a maximum of six times a day (assuming more than five hours and less than nine hours sleep). That is six corks or barrels a day for 25 days, or 150 items.
Without a massive change to the number of drops as the building levels or quests with ten time more rewards, there is no way players can have a completed building this time around without spending gems.

The cheapest way to spend gems for corks and barrels is to speed up the collection. Collecting six times a day still leaves 152 items needed for level ten. It costs 6 gems to speed up the estate, so that is 912 gems to finish the estate so long as you do it before the quest is over. Buying the corks/barrels will cost a lot more.

So if it's 912 gems minimum plus any time you aren't able to collect every three hours, I would like to know, what will the vineyard estate drop after this event that warrants me spending about 1000 gems?

Previously all other upgraded building were available within the event time without gem expenditure so long as the player was very diligent. This one seems to be way from obtainable without gems

Spiritwind00, could you please confirm if the vineyard is not supposed to be fully upgraded without spending gems!
I don't see any point to be stressed out about upgrading it if this is the case, I don't see this building as a good gem investment.
I think I'll be ok collecting from my farmhouses mostly to get grapes.
But s8 has to be honest about things like this and doesn't set up players to fail and waste time and resources for nothing.

Chaotarch
06-05-15, 01:57 AM
Hats off to the players who have finished a 25 day event within half a day...wow!!!

lol, two hours...:cool:

fireflytower
06-05-15, 02:24 AM
Hm.. so, this is probably is why we got the re-release of the Summer Gazebo :o I was very happy about that, since I did not have it yet (so thanks S8 ! :) ). But I had wondered why they didn't wait with that for june or july or something like that... now it makes perfect sense. Good job S8 ;)

BTW just wondering why Castle Gardens and Magic Garden don't also drop Grapes - it would seem kinda apropriate to get grapes from gardens :D (But I confes, I don't remember what level you needed to get them, so maybe that's why...? )

Castloninian
06-05-15, 02:25 AM
I think it would have been great to receive some corks and barrels as a reward from last week's teaser update. Now that would have made sense and I am sure mire people would have done the quests.

anurulz
06-05-15, 02:34 AM
Spiritwind00, could you please confirm if the vineyard is not supposed to be fully upgraded without spending gems!
I don't see any point to be stressed out about upgrading it if this is the case, I don't see this building as a good gem investment.
But s8 has to be honest about things like this and doesn't set up players to fail and waste time and resources for nothing.
+ 10000

coolssp
06-05-15, 02:35 AM
I've iOS 8.3 so does that mean I don't get the trade😢 I didn't get the tent either 😢😢😢

azriX2012
06-05-15, 02:36 AM
It's been a while since I posted here. Is TL gone? It's just S8 now?

Anyway I just wanted to say thanks for the great event so far. I don't have much time to play nowadays and I didn't make it to the end of the last community event, which made me mad since it was the first time that happened to me. This one seems more easy to accomplish and that is why I am grateful for that.

KandeeGameOne
06-05-15, 02:41 AM

i second this :(

tvangstanke
06-05-15, 03:49 AM
Lol, must be tiny people inside the Vineyard estate, look at the difference in scale between Castle and Vineyard Estate lev 10...:confused:

It's for the Oompa Loompas, Dear. Didn't you know Willy Wonka went Winery? :rolleyes:

You could place the Vineyard next to the Jeweler and the Barracks, which are also made for freakishly tiny persons. And far-far away from the Summer Gazebo and the Harvest Pergola ;)

PurpleScorpion76
06-05-15, 04:25 AM
The grapevine walls don't match up :(

SpiritWind00
06-05-15, 04:29 AM
I've put in a request with quite a few questions, so I'll post again in the morning or as soon as I hear back. ;)

katbtodd
06-05-15, 04:32 AM

Using mine like a vineyard it self not walls

katbtodd
06-05-15, 04:35 AM
I've iOS 8.3 so does that mean I don't get the trade�� I didn't get the tent either ������

I got both and I believe I'm iOS 8.3,yes I am just checked

kingdomgirl1234
06-05-15, 04:36 AM
Is an iPad or I phone iOS because I don't have a daily trade on either of my games. Please answer the concerns about the corks and barrels. If I can't achieve the goal without gems I don't want to continue trying to update and wasting other resources

AnniePMH
06-05-15, 04:39 AM
It's for the Oompa Loompas, Dear. Didn't you know Willy Wonka went Winery? :rolleyes:

You could place the Vineyard next to the Jeweler and the Barracks, which are also made for freakishly tiny persons. And far-far away from the Summer Gazebo and the Harvest Pergola ;)

I followed your advice and placed the Jewelers next to it, only problem is that now the poor Alis have to stand being next to the giant shrooms...:eek:

Edit: I really love that book...:o

pongkay
06-05-15, 04:42 AM
Lol, must be tiny people inside the Vineyard estate, look at the difference in scale between Castle and Vineyard Estate lev 10...:confused:

Lilliputians?

AnniePMH
06-05-15, 04:56 AM
Lilliputians?

I guess, could be...Maybe they're the same guys using the non-wedding deco from the t flower event...:eek:

tvangstanke
06-05-15, 04:58 AM

You can make the vines act similar to walls by getting a little creative with the towers and gates

JoffJoffJoff
06-05-15, 04:59 AM
I use iPhone. I had to download the latest updates through the app store before those trades showed in my goals. I haven't updated CS since installing it last year so I think I've missing out on these trades for a while! (correct me if I'm wrong and these trades are quite a new thing!).

ETA: Ugh, I thought I had quoted the question about not being able to find the trades but it looks like I did it wrong! This is in reply to Kingdomgirl1234.

AnniePMH
06-05-15, 05:02 AM
I use iPhone. I had to download the latest updates through the app store before those trades showed in my goals. I haven't updated CS since installing it last year so I think I've missing out on these trades for a while! (correct me if I'm wrong and these trades are quite a new thing!).

They're quite a new thing and you certainly have not missed something by not using them. I wouldn't...:eek::)

SpiritWind00
06-05-15, 05:11 AM
Is an iPad or I phone iOS because I don't have a daily trade on either of my games. Please answer the concerns about the corks and barrels. If I can't achieve the goal without gems I don't want to continue trying to update and wasting other resources

In lieu of getting an answer back from TL, using gems has NEVER been required to complete an event. Players might choose to do so if time is an issue. Mind you, you may have to have the device attached to your hand full time! ;) events are hard and require a lot of time to complete them. Some players will not finish the event. 4000 grapes is the goal.... Do what you can if you want the kitten.

You will have access to Daily Trades and the Barons Tent if you have the latest version of CS (1.3)

tvangstanke
06-05-15, 05:15 AM
I followed your advice and placed the Jewelers next to it, only problem is that now the poor Alis have to stand being next to the giant shrooms...:eek:

Look at that! You accidentally made an ali-ant hive :D

Jennerwein1
06-05-15, 05:24 AM

So when the Ali's start acting kinda crazy it is time to move them, because they are getting into the shrooms, ;)

Liloze
06-05-15, 05:25 AM
In lieu of getting an answer back from TL, using gems has NEVER been required to complete an event. Players might choose to do so if time is an issue. Mind you, you may have to have the device attached to your hand full time! ;) events are hard and require a lot of time to complete them. Some players will not finish the event. 4000 grapes is the goal.... Do what you can if you want the kitten.

You will have access to Daily Trades and the Barons Tent if you have the latest version of CS (1.3)

Sorry Spirit Wind, but time is NOT the issue!
Random drops ( Corks / Barrels ) are the issue !

3 Corks and ZERO barrels until now since yesterday at the start of event ! And I collected religiously from he Vineyard!

It is how S8 Forces the players hand to spend gems.

I am sorry if I sound rude,
and I do not mean it towards you, you are our Angel in this forum :)
But it is about time S8 is notified that it is really driving players to delete this game.

I am one of those unlucky with random drops, and at every event I had to gem my way to upgrade the respective Event building!
Honestly I have had enough of being ripped off !

crystiesc
06-05-15, 05:31 AM
I agree that grapes are not the issue. Corks and barrels are the issue.

The vineyard will not be possible to fully upgrade without gems. Even if you give up sleep and set alarms for every collection.

AnniePMH
06-05-15, 05:32 AM
Look at that! You accidentally made an ali-ant hive :D

So when the Ali's start acting kinda crazy it is time to move them, because they are getting into the shrooms, ;)

Yep, lol, they're horribly crowded, and also forced to live next to dangerous material... we really need EXPANSIONS!;)

Now at 40k:rolleyes:

Jennerwein1
06-05-15, 05:42 AM
Question for those overachievers (:) ) who have already finished: do drop rates for barrels and corks increase as the building is upgraded? I seem to remember that from previous events (I could be wrong though).

nikkimommy2014
06-05-15, 05:44 AM
Not sure if it was already posted but here's pics of the first reward for dabag.

SpiritWind00
06-05-15, 05:46 AM
I agree with you both! Corks and barrels are the main issue here. (I was only addressing the issue of prizes in relation to time, not the vineyard estate upgrades). It is corks and barrels I've put in reports on to TL.

I wonder whether or not the number of corks/barrels increases with each level increase of the estate. It must do or it will be impossible wouldn't it. I'm still level 1! I'll know tomorrow.

Liloze are you iOS? There should always be a drop. I don't see them drop, but I check my inventory immediately to check if I got one. That's not right if nothing drops. I'll add this to my (ever-growing) list for TL. :)

Is anyone else not getting a cork or barrel when collecting from the Estate? Please post if you don't get either so I keep a check on this. Thanks for the feedback!

AnniePMH
06-05-15, 05:49 AM
Question for those overachievers (:) ) who have already finished: do drop rates for barrels and corks increase as the building is upgraded? I seem to remember that from previous events (I could be wrong though).

I'm sorry, I didn't check that...Sadly, though, no barrels or corks at lev 10, which is illogical! Those things should still be around:mad:
Edit: I can say, though, that I had no problem with drop rates for the barrels and corks, they dropped ok on collection all the way through...

moizad
06-05-15, 05:56 AM
I agree with you both! Corks and barrels are the main issue here. (I was only addressing the issue of prizes in relation to time, not the vineyard estate upgrades). It is corks and barrels I've put in reports on to TL.

I wonder whether or not the number of corks/barrels increases with each level increase of the estate. It must do or it will be impossible wouldn't it. I'm still level 1! I'll know tomorrow.

Liloze are you iOS? There should always be a drop. I don't see them drop, but I check my inventory immediately to check if I got one. That's not right if nothing drops. I'll add this to my (ever-growing) list for TL. :)

Is anyone else not getting a cork or barrel when collecting from the Estate? Please post if you don't get either so I keep a check on this. Thanks for the feedback!

I just collect from Vineyard Estate, and it seems to me i had no cork, nor barrel :/ (lvl 1 Estate)

Liloze
06-05-15, 05:57 AM

Thank you SW/Angel :)

Yes I am on iOS! As I said before, I only have 3 Corks nothing else!
Yesterday I collected 4 times and only got 2 corks
Today I got my third Cork That is it ! No barrels! I check my Inventory too :)
Will Edit if I get anything in my next collection due in 50 minutes! Still level one of course !

I am sure the number of Corks/ Barrels increases with each level, just like in all events :) Or it would be impossible to level up without gems!

michrab
06-05-15, 06:08 AM
Can anyone tell me how do you earn empty oak barrels to upgrade the vineyard estate? Many thanks

minndom
06-05-15, 06:09 AM
Is the vineyard only building dropping grapes?

Em_storm
06-05-15, 06:14 AM

Am I crazy?

No more than the rest of us, lol. I wanted mine in rows so that it would look more like the picture I have in my head of a vineyard.
http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag22/firefly276/74D6386C-2029-4836-814E-1DD744DE4FB5_zpsxkerwvme.jpg (http://s1297.photobucket.com/user/firefly276/media/74D6386C-2029-4836-814E-1DD744DE4FB5_zpsxkerwvme.jpg.html)

PurpleScorpion76
06-05-15, 06:19 AM
Looks like a straighter 15 grapes per grape masher. 3 per chop.

Liloze
06-05-15, 06:20 AM
Can anyone tell me how do you earn empty oak barrels to upgrade the vineyard estate? Many thanks

You collect from the Vineyard Estate and -Grape-stealing bandits /known as Hunt the roaming bandits adventure once you reach that goal.

Liloze
06-05-15, 06:22 AM

Farmhouse, summer gazebo, Pergola, Ivy's hut.
If I forgot any other building p,ease add it :)

Em_storm
06-05-15, 06:22 AM
The materials to upgrade the vineyard drop from the vineyard itself.

When you tap the grape counter icon in the upper right of your screen to see your progress you will see a small question mark in a circle in the upper right of the screen that pops up. Tap that for info about the event. It lists the ways you can find grapes. You can also go to the first page of this thread.

Liloze
06-05-15, 06:24 AM
The materials to upgrade the vineyard drop from the vineyard itself.

When you tap the grape counter icon in the upper right of your screen to see your progress you will see a small question mark in a circle in the upper right of the screen that pops up. Tap that for info about the event. It lists the ways you can find grapes. You can also go to the first page of this thread.

Lol you explained it better than me lol :)

Em_storm
06-05-15, 06:27 AM
Lol you explained it better than me lol :)

Nah. I forgot about the gazebo and the pergola. :)

Anaboe
06-05-15, 06:32 AM
So, collecting from the vineyard gives one corck or barrel. To fully upgrade the vineyard, you need 156 corcks and empty barrels, that's 312 collections, to say the least.

Decided by 24 days, that's over 13 collections a day... 13x3 = 39 hours... There ain't that many hous in a day...

What am I missing?

Seriously700
06-05-15, 06:41 AM
I think it would have been great to receive some corks and barrels as a reward from last week's teaser update. Now that would have made sense and I am sure mire people would have done the quests.

I was thinking the same thing. It would have been awesome to start out with a few corks and barrels and grapes from the pre-event. I skipped the pre-event on both my accounts. I would have liked to participate but it would have been a huge waste of resources

Dtkc1217
06-05-15, 06:43 AM
empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel .None of empty oak barrel at visiting Vineyard 4 times!!!!!

SpiritWind00
06-05-15, 06:46 AM
empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel empty oak barrel .None of empty oak barrel at visiting Vineyard 4 times!!!!!
oh dear... I've already reported the issue of cork and barrel drops. I'll have answers soon! :)

bethaneyl
06-05-15, 06:53 AM
Seeing as how we can get the prizes from grapes ....is the Estate upgrading considered "optional" and that's why the corks/barrels just aren't dropping?
I've not had a single cork drop in the last 5 collects ( gem speeds) ... I'll never get to level 10 ...regardless of speeding ...unless I outright buy 100+ corks ....yeah not happening ....ugh
hope S8 fixes the drop issue .....have they ever had to fix other drop rate issues with events ?

jackalope99
06-05-15, 06:58 AM

Am I crazy?

I could be wrong, but I get the impression they're not supposed to be fences, just rows like in an actual vineyard. Could be wrong though?

jbfps116
06-05-15, 07:08 AM
I'm at I think 5 corks no barrels but never was there only grapes.
btw I think the lev ten vineyard looks amazing but would look better if it was bigger, 4x4, of course then we'd all be freaked out about space, and TL would have to give us free expansions!

lickleleo
06-05-15, 07:24 AM
I just got the first individual prize and tried to put the prizes on my board... unfortunately the graphics are messing up. They seem to morph into whatever item is closest to them. When I try to move them I get a yellow square. I've tried force-closing but to no avail...

crystiesc
06-05-15, 07:32 AM
I just got the first individual prize and tried to put the prizes on my board... unfortunately the graphics are messing up. They seem to morph into whatever item is closest to them. When I try to move them I get a yellow square. I've tried force-closing but to no avail...
That happens to me a lot. I never got a response in the bug section. When I plant cocoa, it looks hilarious with all the sheep or pig heads planted!

Sometimes, for me, force closing or visiting a neighbor helps. Twice I've deleted and reinstalled the app and that helped. (I've tried leaving the app open while I read or do other things, in case it needs to download, but that doesn't seem to fix anything for me.)

oliverrr11
06-05-15, 07:33 AM
So who says TL doesn't listen to our suggestions? Lol! The following is what I posted in the poll and suggestions thread almost exactly 1 year ago - on 6/1/14:

"I'm finding that I can't complete my royal vineyards and winery with the current crafting options and some supplies are just not currently available in the market. A couple of ideas for the next update would be things like, but not limited to: sorting table, destemmer/crusher, press, fermentation bins, tanks, oak vats, casks and barrels (we already have the trees, just need crafting option in workshop), reverse osmosis filtration system, bottles, corker, labeler. I understand that many of these items can't be made in the current crafting buildings so maybe as a gem/coin purchase? Oh yeah, we need grape vines of different varieties.....and some expansions to grow them in. Thanks!"

See kuds? You were right! I wasn't asking for too much at all!!

....Now maybe they will get around to some of my other great past suggestions! I'm still waiting for a nice patio set for Griselda's empty rooftop terrace.....

Liloze
06-05-15, 07:35 AM
Just collected from my Vineyard Estate, got my first Barrel .
At this rate ( one barrel / 3 corks every 5 collections ) I will never see level 10 !

AnniePMH
06-05-15, 07:37 AM
So who says TL doesn't listen to our suggestions? Lol! The following is what I posted in the poll and suggestions thread almost exactly 1 year ago - on 6/1/14:

"I'm finding that I can't complete my royal vineyards and winery with the current crafting options and some supplies are just not currently available in the market. A couple of ideas for the next update would be things like, but not limited to: sorting table, destemmer/crusher, press, fermentation bins, tanks, oak vats, casks and barrels (we already have the trees, just need crafting option in workshop), reverse osmosis filtration system, bottles, corker, labeler. I understand that many of these items can't be made in the current crafting buildings so maybe as a gem/coin purchase? Oh yeah, we need grape vines of different varieties.....and some expansions to grow them in. Thanks!"

....Now maybe they will get around to some of my other great past suggestions! I'm still waiting for a nice patio set for Griselda's empty rooftop terrace.....

May we get a link to the thread?:p

icydove
06-05-15, 07:38 AM
Just to clarify, do you get drops from the bandit adventure all during this event OR only after reaching the 7th goal?

mreames
06-05-15, 07:38 AM
Agreed. I had to read through everything to see if anyone had already answered that. :) grape growing is definitely done in rows. Since they aren't close to matching up, I'm sure S8 designed the pieces to be in rows.

I could be wrong, but I get the impression they're not supposed to be fences, just rows like in an actual vineyard. Could be wrong though?

mreames
06-05-15, 07:41 AM
Just to clarify, do you get drops from the bandit adventure all during this event OR only after reaching the 7th goal?

I haven't reached the goal yet and received 13 grapes from the adventure but no corks or barrels.

Liloze
06-05-15, 07:45 AM
I haven't reached the goal yet and received 13 grapes from the adventure but no corks or barrels.

Well that's a bummer! How are we supposed to up grade the vineyard with its miserly drops??
Ah ....Wait a minute ...there's a way....Gems of course! :rolleyes:
That should be good for the game economy!

jackalope99
06-05-15, 07:46 AM
So according to the goal list, it splits off after you upgrade the vineyard to level 2, and I'm guessing the 3-day Ivy goal appears immediately thereafter? I'm leaving tonight and won't have internet access for 2 days, so should I hold off on upgrading the vineyard until I'm back?

icastled
06-05-15, 07:54 AM
I too have yet to receive any barrels. I am one who has no problem spending gems "at my discretion" but to be forced to spend gems to upgrade because drop rate is poor, I'm not game for that. If this continues, I'll just be storing my measly little Vineyard non-Estate and hope to reach the final goal for the kitty. This is not being said out of anger, just frustration. I really love the game.

Hoping SW gets a response from TL/S8 and they ramp up the drop rate.

TeaCupPiggies
06-05-15, 07:56 AM
Prepared by SpiritWind

How many grapes drop from each level of the Vineyard Estate?
Note: you also get a barrel or a cork from each collection as well.
Level 1: 2
Level 2:
Level 3:
Level 4:
Level 5:
Level 6:
Level 7:
Level 8:
Level 9: 53
Level 10:

Level 2 Estate drops 4 gems

oliverrr11
06-05-15, 08:05 AM

No can-do, not Annie/not nat. The thread is closed and not able to do anything with it. I had to re-write what I originally posted because it wouldn't even let me copy it. If you really must find it: go to search bar and type in winery. It will be about the 5th result down - the one that says Poll and Suggestion Thread 25 April. It's about 8 pages in from the end of the thread. Just skip through until you see the date 06/01/2014. 😘

bethaneyl
06-05-15, 08:08 AM
I too have yet to receive any barrels. I am one who has no problem spending gems "at my discretion" but to be forced to spend gems to upgrade because drop rate is poor, I'm not game for that. If this continues, I'll just be storing my measly little Vineyard non-Estate and hope to reach the final goal for the kitty. This is not being said out of anger, just frustration. I really love the game.

You expressed that perfectly :) ....I too feel similar, Having no issue with spending/buying gems....it's being forced that is the problem! the fastest way to alienate players is when the game balance begins to drastically tip...it's rather slimy and a bit insulting to think we just might not notice/have issue with. Lets hope this is unintentional and can be fixed ...

88silver
06-05-15, 08:09 AM

It was a suggestion oliverrr11 made in one of the suggestion threads.

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?67978-Castle-Poll-and-Suggestion-Thread-25-April-2014/page12&p=911436#post911436

AnniePMH
06-05-15, 08:16 AM
No can-do, not Annie/not nat. The thread is closed and not able to do anything with it. I had to re-write what I originally posted because it wouldn't even let me copy it. If you really must find it: go to search bar and type in winery. It will be about the 5th result down - the one that says Poll and Suggestion Thread 25 April. It's about 8 pages in from the end of the thread. Just skip through until you see the date 06/01/2014. 

I found it, lol! Thank you, not ollie/not oliverrr...:) Amazing idea with the winery!:D

kittensabc
06-05-15, 08:22 AM
Haha Oliverrr11, can I borrow your crystal ball sometime? :D

aannerud
06-05-15, 08:22 AM

Am I crazy?

I posted in bugs/issues yesterday about not being able to square off corners with the grapevine fence. I haven't received a reply about it yet.

Edited to add: they are called grapevine fences so I made the assumption they were to be placed like a fence. If they are not intended to be so they should be called grape vineyard or just vineyard.

tvangstanke
06-05-15, 08:23 AM

How many corks are in your inventory? I've got the barrels but I'm missing out on corks. If the ratio is all wonky at first, we can hope it evens out for the second or third update.

I know this feels stressful at the moment not knowing if the drop rate increases, but keep in mind that it has not been 24 hours yet. If you don't get to complete the upgrades for the Vineyard before the month is up, you can store it or sell it. But it will be wise to keep it on the game board for this whole event and continue to collect from it. You never know how things turn out... And the Vineyard will also help you win the kitty.

brenstal
06-05-15, 08:29 AM
How many corks are in your inventory? I've got the barrels but I'm missing out on corks. If the ratio is all wonky at first, we can hope it evens out for the second or third update.

I know this feels stressful at the moment not knowing if the drop rate increases, but keep in mind that it has not been 24 hours yet. If you don't get to complete the upgrades for the Vineyard before the month is up, you can store it or sell it. But it will be wise to keep it on the game board for this whole event and continue to collect from it. You never know how things turn out... And the Vineyard will also help you win the kitty.

Yeah, I have all the barrels I need to upgrade to level 2, but only one cork so far.

I second leaving the vineyard on the board. At the least it will give you the grapes you need, and you'll definitely be able to update it even if you can't reach the top level. Also, it's like the other events where things start out slow but they pick up as you advance.

icastled
06-05-15, 08:33 AM

Thx for the encouragement. I have 5 corks. If only we could trade with each other lol... And yes, I plan to keep the building on the board for the entire event. It's interesting that with regular game play, no gems, no energy crates, etc... just regular game play, I have already reached nearly 400 grapes during the 1st 24 hour period of the game. I don't feel like I will have any problem getting the kitty, just bummed that this vineyard is being stingy with the barrels lol.

Liloze
06-05-15, 08:38 AM

My advice, don't store the Vineyard, keep it out, collect from it as much as possible, during the day :)
It does drop Grapes and the higher you level it up, more the grapes go up in numbers.
I got my first Barrel today, so there's still hope for us yet lol :)

NorthWoodsKingdom
06-05-15, 08:39 AM
Grape fence is pretty! We need more purple in our kingdoms. :)Wholeheartedly agree! MORE purple, lol! ... And I wish the pavilion was purple instead of pink. Purple is the REGAL color while pink is Pepto-Bismol, lol.
--------------------

Purple cow should drop grapes....but doesn't.Agree here, too...as well as from harvesting glimmerbulbs!
--------------------

I think it would have been great to receive some corks and barrels as a reward from last week's teaser update. Now that would have made sense and I am sure mire people would have done the quests.YES!!!... And would have fallen more in line with getting the masks as rewards back during H'ween. Wooden beams, stone blocks and simple glue in exchange for more labor-intensive resources do not get ANYONE ahead, lol.
--------------------

....Now maybe they will get around to some of my other great past suggestions! I'm still waiting for a nice patio set for Griselda's empty rooftop terrace.....NAH-NAH-BOO-BOO, I suggested it 4 months BEFORE you! (on 2/6/14) Nyah! LOL
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?64124-Castle-Poll-and-Suggestion-Thread-1-13-2014&p=842825#post842825
Now we just need some of your CHEESE! ;)

AnniePMH
06-05-15, 08:49 AM
Wholeheartedly agree! MORE purple, lol! ... And I wish the pavilion was purple instead of pink. Purple is the REGAL color while pink is Pepto-Bismol, lol.
--------------------
Agree here, too...as well as from harvesting glimmerbulbs!
--------------------
YES!!!... And would have fallen more in line with getting the masks as rewards back during H'ween. Wooden beams, stone blocks and simple glue in exchange for more labor-intensive resources do not get ANYONE ahead, lol.
--------------------
NAH-NAH-BOO-BOO, I suggested it 4 months BEFORE you! (on 2/6/14) Nyah! LOL
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?64124-Castle-Poll-and-Suggestion-Thread-1-13-2014&p=842825#post842825

Great idea with the vineyards, Captain! Maybe not ollie/not oliverrr got the idea with the Winery from you? Lolol...:D

Beeville99
06-05-15, 08:57 AM
I posted in bugs/issues yesterday about not being able to square off corners with the grapevine fence. I haven't received a reply about it yet.

Edited to add: they are called grapevine fences so I made the assumption they were to be placed like a fence. If they are not intended to be so they should be called grape vineyard or just vineyard.

I pulled four of my wrought-iron poles out of storage to cap the corners. It's not perfect, but the colors match fairly well so it will do for now.

oliverrr11
06-05-15, 09:05 AM
NAH-NAH-BOO-BOO, I suggested it 4 months BEFORE you! (on 2/6/14) Nyah! LOL

I don't recall ever seeing your little "kitchen wine" post, but obviously it was there. In my own defense, I drink A LOT of wine 🍷

arikasi
06-05-15, 09:30 AM

If completing the event is counted as grapes to get the kitten then I don't disagree it's possible without gems. The question is whether completing the event also means being able to upgrade the vineyard to level 10. Hopefully they will let Sw know the answer.

Thank you SW for your liaison help.

And I agree the first prize with the fences is really nice.

mamareader02
06-05-15, 09:32 AM
The grape drop rate on the strawberry crop needs to be a bit higher-have all plots out(at present highest amount you can have),only getting maybe 3 grapes,not worth my energy

mreames
06-05-15, 09:39 AM
The grape drop rate on the strawberry crop needs to be a bit higher-have all plots out(at present highest amount you can have),only getting maybe 3 grapes,not worth my energy

I think most of us have decided to not do the crops since it IS such a waste of energy. I had 6 grapes drop out of 59 plots of land. I'm not doing it again. ;)

robotparade
06-05-15, 09:56 AM
Just got the first individual prize. The deco are pretty-looking. Would be nice if I had room for them.

Agree with others that calling the vineyard vines a "fence" was a careless mistake on S8's part. Just like originally calling the bandit quest 'Hunt the MOUNTAIN bandits' in the grape instructions was a mistake. They need to have a sit-down with whatever unpaid intern is typing this stuff in.

GreyHills
06-05-15, 09:56 AM
Corks, corks, corks, corks, corks... no barrels.... sigh

perry5
06-05-15, 10:23 AM
I don't recall ever seeing your little "kitchen wine" post, but obviously it was there. In my own defense, I drink A LOT of wine ��

So good to see you and NWK back to your old sparring ways (& NOT Annie /not nat stirring the pot!). Seems like old times! Cheers!!

FinsFabulousFoods
06-05-15, 10:24 AM
Yeah, me too. Would like to get an f'in barrel please!

tigarlilyvol
06-05-15, 10:34 AM
Level 2 drops 4 grapes
Level 3 drops 7 grapes

dragoniakingdom
06-05-15, 10:35 AM
Just wondering what happens in the split-goal My Fair Ivy/ Shopping,if you fail on the first goal ie My Fair Ivy,which is a 3 day goal & may be difficult for some to complete in that time frame.
Would it mean the rest of the event cannot be completed?(the individual part)

Lunaticus
06-05-15, 10:36 AM
Level 2 vineyard looks the same. 😐

crystiesc
06-05-15, 10:39 AM
Level 2 drops 4 grapes
Level 3 drops 7 grapes

Do you get multiple corks or barrels as it upgrades? Or does it continue to drop only one item with the grapes?

kittensabc
06-05-15, 10:44 AM
Just wondering what happens in the split-goal My Fair Ivy/ Shopping,if you fail on the first goal ie My Fair Ivy,which is a 3 day goal & may be difficult for some to complete in that time frame.
Would it mean the rest of the event cannot be completed?(the individual part)

The Ivy split is a one-off goal, the marketplace one actually continues the storyline. If you can't do Ivy goal you are only giving up some coins xp and a barrel.

mcb397
06-05-15, 10:45 AM

I'm all barrels and no corks...

Liloze
06-05-15, 10:46 AM

Just got another cork! still need 2 barrels to level up to 2 !

sIghhhhhhhhhh..........S8 knows their business :rolleyes:

icastled
06-05-15, 10:48 AM
A few questions: I think I have read all pages but I want to clarify these items. Thx in advance for your assistance.

Adventures
1) is it the regular Hunt Roaming Bandits or does a new adventure appear when triggered?
2) if it's the same, will it drop corks and BARRELS? And if so, do we have to wait until the goal is triggered before we start getting barrels?
3) what is the normal drop rate for grapes from adventure?

I ask because I don't want to run the adventures if barrels won't be dropping yet. Saving my feasts/swords for when it's worth it.

Vineyard Levels
Has anyone figured out about the requirements for levels 9 & 10? The info listed on the first page is the same with a question mark. Although, haha, not that I'll ever reach level 9 with NO BARRELS :)

mreames
06-05-15, 10:56 AM
The adventure only drops 13 grapes for me right now. I understand once the adventure is triggered it drops some amount (I don't know if its multiple or not, someone else will have to provide specifics) of cork and/ or barrel.

Edit to add that it is the regular bandits adventure, nothing new.

A few questions: I think I have read all pages but I want to clarify these items. Thx in advance for your assistance.

Adventures
1) is it the regular Hunt Roaming Bandits or does a new adventure appear when triggered?
2) if it's the same, will it drop corks and BARRELS? And if so, do we have to wait until the goal is triggered before we start getting barrels?
3) what is the normal drop rate for grapes from adventure?

I ask because I don't want to run the adventures if barrels won't be dropping yet. Saving my feasts/swords for when it's worth it.

Vineyard Levels
Has anyone figured out about the requirements for levels 9 & 10? The info listed on the first page is the same with a question mark. Although, haha, not that I'll ever reach level 9 with NO BARRELS :)

Galadraal
06-05-15, 11:00 AM
Last night, every strawberry gave me a grape but today, I've collected at least 36 strawberries with ZERO grapes, what happened?

mreames
06-05-15, 11:03 AM
Last night, every strawberry gave me a grape but today, I've collected at least 36 strawberries with ZERO grapes, what happened?

What happened is that you were EXTREMELY lucky if you got a grape with every strawberry! Yesterday I harvested 59 strawberries and received 6 grapes. Most people are reporting similar numbers. I'm not planting any more.

trailbean
06-05-15, 11:10 AM
Same here. Four collections from Vineyard Estate so far: 6 corks (one came from Hunt the Roaming Bandits), 0 barrels.

luna2cute
06-05-15, 11:12 AM
You can make the vines act similar to walls by getting a little creative with the towers and gates

Awesome, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

luna2cute
06-05-15, 11:18 AM
No more than the rest of us, lol. I wanted mine in rows so that it would look more like the picture I have in my head of a vineyard.
http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag22/firefly276/74D6386C-2029-4836-814E-1DD744DE4FB5_zpsxkerwvme.jpg (http://s1297.photobucket.com/user/firefly276/media/74D6386C-2029-4836-814E-1DD744DE4FB5_zpsxkerwvme.jpg.html)

That looks really nice. I think maybe one of my problems is I want to use all the grape fence vines. Lol.

Yours looks good with just a few rows, thanks for the tip!

luna2cute
06-05-15, 11:22 AM

Totally makes sense thanks! I guess the word "fence" made me think of regular fences, but they ARE grape vines. Silly me. :)

Rockylandia
06-05-15, 11:40 AM
Seeing a lot of corks here. I hope the next update allows me to open a cork shop.

CatSS3
06-05-15, 11:46 AM
I have yet to get a cork from the Vineyard

tigarlilyvol
06-05-15, 11:49 AM
Do you get multiple corks or barrels as it upgrades? Or does it continue to drop only one item with the grapes?

Just one item with the grapes, I am with the others more corks than barrels.

mreames
06-05-15, 11:51 AM
I have yet to get a cork from the Vineyard

While I see barrels when I get one from the vineyard, I don't see corks when they drop. I'm not saying that is your case but making sure you check inventory if it looks like nothing drops. :)

PurpleScorpion76
06-05-15, 12:03 PM
So after Day 1, I have 437 grapes I've just upgraded my vineyard to level 2. And got the first individual prize. Very happy with my progress so far. Trying not to think about barrels and corks (am ill so shouldn't get stressed - doctors orders) but I wouldn't be surprised if TL have a trick up their sleeve and will give some quests to give more barrels and corks. Of course I could be wrong and they'll offer us 2 of each for 4.99 along with 100 energy as a special bundle.

88silver
06-05-15, 12:05 PM
Got my first collection from level 2 Vineyard--still a single drop on barrel/cork (no multiples and just one, not both).

amerirish
06-05-15, 12:15 PM
Seeing a lot of corks here. I hope the next update allows me to open a cork shop.

Or make bottles of wine :p

mreames
06-05-15, 12:23 PM
Got my first collection from level 2 Vineyard--still a single drop on barrel/cork (no multiples and just one, not both).

I'm thinking that if the drops change at all, it will be after the vineyard changes appearance. I'm guessing that will be at levels 4 and 7 but I guess others will know when any changes in appearance occur.

trailbean
06-05-15, 12:30 PM
More deco stuff...

Pavillion

Wine Tasting Barrel

Are these just decorations, or do they drop something?

tigarlilyvol
06-05-15, 12:35 PM
Are these just decorations, or do they drop something?

According to page 1 from here on they are decorations until the last one, the cat.

icastled
06-05-15, 12:40 PM
I nearly dropped my iPad ......... I finally got one of those elusive barrels!!!!!!!! Now only 2 more to upgrade to level 2. At this rate it will be Sunday lolol

HiraAVirk
06-05-15, 12:44 PM
Whats the daily trade? Relatively newer player here :rolleyes:
Playing on OS

chixyb
06-05-15, 12:48 PM
I'm a little far behind on grape count due to an all day meeting yesterday at work, but I'm glad to know I'm not far behind on the upgrades! Due to the poor drop rate for everyone else I'm actually at the same pace. I'm missing one barrel before I can upgrade to level 2. I'm counting down the time until I can collect again as I'm saving the few gems I have in case I need them towards the end. Now that I NEED a barre I'm sure I won't get it :P

lovecaitcait
06-05-15, 12:53 PM
So far my drops have been consistent. I get a barrel and then on the next drop a cork and then a barrel and so forth. Fingers crossed that I'm not jinxing that! Was getting nervous because I was nowhere near the target 160 grapes a day yesterday so built a bunch more farmhouses. Like everyone else the strawberries were just not cutting it. I'm up to 14 farmhouses, might build a few more but I'm almost to 200 grapes so made up yesterday's pretty quickly and still have half the day to collect. I think I'll see how the next couple days go before cluttering up my Kingdom more... lol

bethaneyl
06-05-15, 12:55 PM
lol ....wish I could trade some of my barrels for your corks.....
Prim not getting Corks ....bet next week it will switch it barrels ....lol
the game knows what I need/want and is trying to drive me crazy ....

happyhoppa
06-05-15, 12:55 PM
This step 3: My fair Ivy ..3 days to do 20 visits .. Is it essential to the rest of the mission?

coolssp
06-05-15, 12:56 PM
I updated CS through App Store and now I got both. Thanks

burritosprings
06-05-15, 01:03 PM
This step 3: My fair Ivy ..3 days to do 20 visits .. Is it essential to the rest of the mission?

No just allows you to get a cork

55lee55
06-05-15, 01:13 PM
The first group of prizes, which includes the "fence" that is more like a vineyard than a fence, has a grape press that drops grapes with a 1 hour recharge rate. Mine just dropped water with the grapes, but I am not sure if it always drops water or if it drops other items.

I haven't had the shortage of corks that others have reported. I have uggraded my Vineyard Estate to Level 4 and now I need 10 empty barrels, 10 corks, 2 red dyes and 3 super glues. I currently have two empty barrels and one cork. For me I have had a fairly good balance of corks/barrels since the event began. The most I have been unbalanced by was 2 barrels.

When I upgraded to Level 4 the building enlarged and appears to be under construction. Has anyone posted a picture yet? I don't know how to do that.

I have 566 grape clusters, most which I collected from my farmhouses. I haven't read all the messages here. How am I doing compared to everyone else?

Thanks!

PurpleScorpion76
06-05-15, 01:14 PM
My second daily trade requested 15 of the following: purple petals, white petals and piles of seeds.

88silver
06-05-15, 01:21 PM
The first group of prizes, which includes the "fence" that is more like a vineyard than a fence, has a grape press that drops grapes with a 1 hour recharge rate. Mine just dropped water with the grapes, but I am not sure if it always drops water or if it drops other items.

I've gotten purple petals from mine as well.

ShibuyaCloth
06-05-15, 01:29 PM
So far 200 grapes in the first day. On course, knowing that the volume increases with time, I should be find the the individual prize. Now the cork & barrel for the upgrades will be another ball game for me.

CharmOfLea
06-05-15, 01:33 PM
More pics:

Annie, did the Vineyard Estate change appearance after level 8?

kittensabc
06-05-15, 01:36 PM

I haven't had the shortage of corks that others have reported. I have uggraded my Vineyard Estate to Level 4 and now I need 10 empty barrels, 10 corks, 2 red dyes and 3 super glues. I currently have two empty barrels and one cork. For me I have had a fairly good balance of corks/barrels since the event began. The most I have been unbalanced by was 2 barrels.

When I upgraded to Level 4 the building enlarged and appears to be under construction. Has anyone posted a picture yet? I don't know how to do that.

I have 566 grape clusters, most which I collected from my farmhouses. I haven't read all the messages here. How am I doing compared to everyone else?

Thanks!
How have you collected so many corks/barrels? I am still on level 2 and I only stopped collecting to sleep!

55lee55
06-05-15, 01:41 PM
Re: Second Daily Trade: I had one of those too and it was worth it to me, unlike the usual trade which I ignore.

kittensabc, I set an alarm because I don't sleep ;-) I also used some gems when I was trying to figure out my schedule and to Level up when I got within 1-2 corks or barrels of the next level. I am a bit impatient.

ghjvcucjb
06-05-15, 01:46 PM
DEAR TEAM LAVA, PLEASE OH PLEASE GIVE US MORE EXPANSIONS! I have no room for anything. PLEASE!

calipitter
06-05-15, 01:47 PM
How on earth did you get dogs in your kingdom?!? And how did I miss that?!?

ghjvcucjb
06-05-15, 01:50 PM
How on earth did you get dogs in your kingdom?!? And how did I miss that?!?

I asked a while back. They are in the. Barons tent as a prize. You will need gems to get them

calipitter
06-05-15, 01:51 PM

I can't believe I somehow missed the puppies that are showing in you pic. When did they come out?

calipitter
06-05-15, 01:53 PM
I asked a while back. They are in the. Barons tent as a prize. You will need gems to get them
Oh! Okay....whew! I thought for a moment I had fallen off the planet for a while! I don't visit the Baron's tent much!

luna2cute
06-05-15, 02:14 PM
Someone may have already posted this not sure, I've read the entire thread but forget. I'll post again just in case.

Upgrading vineyard from level 2 to level 3 needs...

Wish I had more silver so hopefully this can help someone prepare. :)

Happy Graping! (Yes that is now a new verb in my vocabulary, lol)

perry5
06-05-15, 02:57 PM
DEAR TEAM LAVA, PLEASE OH PLEASE GIVE US MORE EXPANSIONS! I have no room for anything. PLEASE!

Second, third & fourth that request!

perry5
06-05-15, 03:39 PM
Waiting, waiting, waiting for that last elusive barrel to level up. Can't wait any longer. Spring for the gem speed up...SURELY the use of gems will help my chances! Tap to collect: ...cork! Waiting, waiting, waiting for that last elusive barrel to level up...

Gardienn
06-05-15, 04:02 PM
No update from TL yet on the cork/barrel drop rates?

FinsFabulousFoods
06-05-15, 05:27 PM
Well, I am now at 7 cork, no barrels yet... hope the Hunt the Roaming Bandits quest gives better results. Will be running those non stop for the duration .

brendaisme
06-05-15, 05:38 PM
So far my drops have been consistent. I get a barrel and then on the next drop a cork and then a barrel and so forth. Fingers crossed that I'm not jinxing that! Was getting nervous because I was nowhere near the target 160 grapes a day yesterday so built a bunch more farmhouses. Like everyone else the strawberries were just not cutting it. I'm up to 14 farmhouses, might build a few more but I'm almost to 200 grapes so made up yesterday's pretty quickly and still have half the day to collect. I think I'll see how the next couple days go before cluttering up my Kingdom more... lol

I've got more in storage, but 12 has been plenty. Got grapes to spare.

jbfps116
06-05-15, 05:41 PM
TL CAN WE PLEASE MAKE BARRELS OR CORKS IN THE WORKSHOP!!
I've got now 9 corks and 2 barrels. annoying.
grapes are easy. I have no worries.
oh and more expansions please!!! And ones that DONT NEED EXPANSION PERMITS!! THey are driving me bananas and I'm constantly trading!!

SpiritWind00
06-05-15, 05:55 PM
Wow, lots happens when I'm sleeping! I got all my questions answered... Here's the post.

These answers are from PikaSquirrel. The bold questions are a summary of what I asked.

1. I gather the android players don't get the daily new market grape trade??
Yes, this daily trade feature is only available on iOS.

2. Can you please advise on whether android players will be able to get the kitten and puppy as a prize for the event
These pets are from an event available to iOS and Android players so everyone will be able to see them. Pets from the Baron's Game Tent are not visible to Android because they do not have this feature.

3. is there a limit to the amount of Town buildings you can have and if so what is the magic number?
The maximum amount of Royal Buildings in the game is 43.
(SW postscript: 40 is the Town Building Limit)

4. Can the event be finished without gems and will cork and barrel rate increase?
Event is set up so players will be able to upgrade their Vineyard Estate to max level without the use of Gems to upgrade it. As they upgrade the building more, more of both Cork and Empty Oak Barrel will drop. So after they reach a higher level, it'll become easier.

5. Reports of a cork or barrel not dropping at all when collecting from the Vineyard Estate.
The Vineyard will always drop at least one Cork or Empty Oak Barrel. I took a quick look and don't see any issues.

From SW:
* if you do not receive a cork or barrel, please post which level of the Vineyard Estate you are on so I can pass this on.
* the bandits adventure doesn't drop cork or barrels (well at least not for me either!) but it does drop 13 grapes.
* Ivy's goal is OPTIONAL (the 3 day mini goal). If you don't do it or don't finish it, you only miss out on the reward. The rest of the goal continues regardless. You will see 2 goals in your book at this stage.
* post 2 updates with some of the missing info.

Thanks!

preinsko
06-05-15, 06:26 PM
Oh! Okay....whew! I thought for a moment I had fallen off the planet for a while! I don't visit the Baron's tent much!
Does Baron's tent have another name? I just went through all my inventory and don't see it anywhere. I also do not remember a barons tent activity!

kittensabc
06-05-15, 06:30 PM
Wow, lots happens when I'm sleeping! I got all my questions answered... Here's the post.

These answers are from PikaSquirrel. The bold questions are a summary of what I asked.

1. I gather the android players don't get the daily new market grape trade??
Yes, this daily trade feature is only available on iOS.

2. Can you please advise on whether android players will be able to get the kitten and puppy as a prize for the event
These pets are from an event available to iOS and Android players so everyone will be able to see them. Pets from the Baron's Game Tent are not visible to Android because they do not have this feature.

3. is there a limit to the amount of Town buildings you can have and if so what is the magic number?
The maximum amount of Royal Buildings in the game is 43.
(SW postscript: 40 is the Town Building Limit)

4. Can the event be finished without gems and will cork and barrel rate increase?
Event is set up so players will be able to upgrade their Vineyard Estate to max level without the use of Gems to upgrade it. As they upgrade the building more, more of both Cork and Empty Oak Barrel will drop. So after they reach a higher level, it'll become easier.

5. Reports of a cork or barrel not dropping at all when collecting from the Vineyard Estate.
The Vineyard will always drop at least one Cork or Empty Oak Barrel. I took a quick look and don't see any issues.

From SW:
* if you do not receive a cork or barrel, please post which level of the Vineyard Estate you are on so I can pass this on.
* the bandits adventure doesn't drop cork or barrels (well at least not for me either!) but it does drop 13 grapes.
* Ivy's goal is OPTIONAL (the 3 day mini goal). If you don't do it or don't finish it, you only miss out on the reward. The rest of the goal continues regardless. You will see 2 goals in your book at this stage.
* post 2 updates with some of the missing info.

Thanks!

Our hero to the rescue! :p Good to know that the drop rates increase--I still have a level 2 Vineyard!

kittensabc
06-05-15, 06:32 PM
Does Baron's tent have another name? I just went through all my inventory and don't see it anywhere. I also do not remember a barons tent activity!

The Baron's Game Tent is an iOS-only feature that can be found in the market. It's pretty useless since you need to pay gems to receive mediocre decorations, but it cannot be removed from the game board once you have placed it.

riverly
06-05-15, 06:40 PM
Does Baron's tent have another name? I just went through all my inventory and don't see it anywhere. I also do not remember a barons tent activity!. Don't be concerned about not being able to get the tent. It's kinda game within a game but always!! Costs gems too win the prizes. And it cannot be uninstalled. Sometimes I feel like it's a Trojan horse with spies checking on me.

mreames
06-05-15, 06:43 PM
The Baron's Game Tent is an iOS-only feature that can be found in the market. It's pretty useless since you need to pay gems to receive mediocre decorations, but it cannot be removed from the game board once you have placed it.

I know most consider it useless, as did I at first, but one feature I do appreciate is the ability to go over the limit on the items you receive. :) I won't spend the gems to get the major prizes but I do try to go in daily to get the minor stuff. Lol

eagleeye1186
06-05-15, 07:01 PM
I'm not getting any with strawberries either! I also am android, so I'll miss out on the trade days feature,😥 Hopefully in the future quests, this will change! Loving the storyline! Keep it up Team Lava!!

riverly
06-05-15, 07:26 PM
Has anyone chopped the grape masher. Takes 5 chops.

otgland
06-05-15, 07:27 PM
Well.. Two days and not one barrel! Lots of corks though!

ghjvcucjb
06-05-15, 07:30 PM
Earlier today my second prize said 400 grapes. I looked several times. Now it says 600. That's weird.

Daph499
06-05-15, 07:40 PM
Level 4 vineyard drops 11 grapes, and so far 1 of each barrels and corks (both each time).

Daph499
06-05-15, 07:42 PM
Last collection on level 4 was 2 corks. So not necessarily 1 of each, but at least it's 2 items on each collection.

nikkimommy2014
06-05-15, 08:17 PM
Pics of 2nd individual prize for dabag

Rockylandia
06-05-15, 08:40 PM
Collected two more corks since last post ... Is this perhaps a new building supply? We keep collecting corks until we can build an expansion to the winery?

anurulz
06-05-15, 09:50 PM
Ironically I have enough barrels to upgrade to level 2 but am one cork short..

luna2cute
06-05-15, 10:19 PM
Ironically I have enough barrels to upgrade to level 2 but am one cork short..

Is that like being 1 brick short? ;)

anurulz
06-05-15, 11:39 PM
Is that like being 1 brick short? ;)
Seems like it...last collection again dropped a barrel but no cork...last event was the same for me..the rare drop I get, the common eludes me..

EBJW
06-06-15, 12:54 AM
I'm having a hard time leveling up the vineyard as well, I'm stil on level 1:

6 corks and only 2 barrels now....

Not amusing, it makes me wanna buy some bottles of wine, cheers....! :p

PurpleScorpion76
06-06-15, 01:45 AM
Anyone else had luck with parking a monster in a non useful area for the duration of the event. I'm disappointed the monsters don't give grapes. They've always been generous before and it's the few times I'm happy to see them. Except trolls I love fighting trolls! But a particularly annoying dire boar parked itself in my Greselda section. Perfect!

gsuiris
06-06-15, 02:12 AM
I parked a monster before the event, and I am not touching it until this is over.

I slept in yesterday and have been busy today so I haven't had a lot of time to log in and collect, but I am also still at level 1. I have 5 corks and 1 barrel. I wish we had another way to get these items. In the Halloween event last year didn't we have a special quest that would give us the things to update the house?

katbtodd
06-06-15, 02:12 AM
Earlier today my second prize said 400 grapes. I looked several times. Now it says 600. That's weird.

Mine always said 600

vaso1908
06-06-15, 03:15 AM
The artwork on the new items looks fantastic. Great job! Although I don't think I'm gonna be able to show them off until new expansions are released.

chubilis
06-06-15, 03:25 AM
I dont get corks at all. I've upgraded my vineyard state to level 2 using gems... if I don't get corks from the vineyard I take it is a glitch or a bug or something...

My ID is Chubilis, my queendom's name is Chubilandia. I'm level 34 (almost 35) and my vineyard state is level 2. I have all the items I need to upgrade it to 3 except for the cork, but don't want to waste more gems since I haven't gotten any single cork neither when my vineyard was level 1 or now that it's level 2... So I only had the cork the baron gave you for the first step in the goals.

Please, check it out! My sister, whose vineyard is level 1, isn't getting any empty barrels either!

BTW, we're both on Android.

mapekingking
06-06-15, 04:17 AM
I am absolutely in the same as your situation. No cork dropped from vineyard, but always drops empty barrel.

Jennerwein1
06-06-15, 04:27 AM
Love, love, love the artwork ! And the wine theme! Great job, thanks :o

PurpleScorpion76
06-06-15, 04:35 AM

Pretty much the same for me, 1 cork, 1 barrel etc.

fahrensland
06-06-15, 04:57 AM
J
I dont get corks at all. I've upgraded my vineyard state to level 2 using gems... if I don't get corks from the vineyard I take it is a glitch or a bug or something...

My ID is Chubilis, my queendom's name is Chubilandia. I'm level 34 (almost 35) and my vineyard state is level 2. I have all the items I need to upgrade it to 3 except for the cork, but don't want to waste more gems since I haven't gotten any single cork neither when my vineyard was level 1 or now that it's level 2... So I only had the cork the baron gave you for the first step in the goals.

Please, check it out! My sister, whose vineyard is level 1, isn't getting any empty barrels either!

BTW, we're both on Android.

Ditto no luck with corks. 7 barrels and 2 corks so still stuck at level 1, very frustrating how uneven the drops are. I can't tell yet if I should be worried about being able to fully upgrade it and finish the quests by the time the event ends...

As others have mentioned, farmhouses seem to be the best for grapes so I'm glad that is an option rather than having to rely on pure rng from strawberries. Now if only some corks would stop dropping!

Good luck with the event everyone!

ait_vedan
06-06-15, 05:22 AM
I have 7 corks and no barrels :( Is there any other way to get them besides the vineyard and gems?
I hope so!
The rest of this quest is great! I love the theme

bjkingdom8id
06-06-15, 06:34 AM
I haven't seen any posts about this so makes me think it's just me but is anyone else not getting the community prize counter??

burritosprings
06-06-15, 06:37 AM
I haven't seen any posts about this so makes me think it's just me but is anyone else not getting the community prize counter??

You have to open up the community prize section.. do you have enough grapes? You need 1000 to do that.

bjkingdom8id
06-06-15, 06:45 AM
Ahh I see now thanks!

QueenCarolyn
06-06-15, 06:46 AM

You have to upgrade the game to get the Baron tent. You get 3 free throws a day, and you will get 3 prizes. But you need 6 items in one day to get the grand prize. Extra throws are 10 gems each. So my pets ended up costing about 100 gems each. Just to let you know. There is a thread devoted to the Baron tent.

mreames
06-06-15, 06:47 AM
I'm getting the counter. Have you accumulated 1000 grapes so that you are qualified for the community prizes? If not, then the counter will be visible once you do. If you have already accumulated 1000 grapes then I have no explanation.

Lunaticus
06-06-15, 06:52 AM
Lets trade. Haha. I have 4 barrels no cork..

EBJW
06-06-15, 07:03 AM
Just collected: yeah...!
another..... cork...

8 corks, 2 barrels: still level 1...

The randomness gets annoying.... yet again...

CharmOfLea
06-06-15, 07:12 AM
Just collected: yeah...!
another..... cork...

8 corks, 2 barrels: still level 1...

The randomness gets annoying.... yet again...

Problem is I like red wine. Negative associations with corks and barrels would not be appreciated. At least grapes are not going down the corn way... :D

anotherfungame
06-06-15, 07:22 AM
So, I've been diligently collecting from all the grape sources and was waiting for my energy to recharge as my level 3 vineyard was getting ready for collection in 2 minutes. I left CS and when returned to my kingdom, I had 2 energy but the vineyard's collection time was reset to the beginning. Is this a new glitch or is it just me?

mreames
06-06-15, 07:34 AM
So to summarize, we have those who are getting a lot more barrels than corks, those that are getting a lot more corks than barrels and those that are getting an equal amount of each. ;) that's about the same thing you could expect if you flip a coin a bunch of times. ;) they can't increase the drop rate of one without affecting the other. Believe me, I know it's frustrating but that's the way games work. It's about the only real challenge in these kind of events other than the time challenge of having to collect the same resource over and over and over again, 4000+ times. At some point everyone may find their luck has reversed and end up with more of the resources they are lacking now than the ones they have a surplus of now. :) it's still early in the event. :) I'm really just hoping to make everyone feel a little bit better until they get the drop they want. ;) good luck! :)

tigerlillyherron
06-06-15, 07:41 AM
I guess this advice wouldn't be helpful during this frequently.
but lower levels should keep a decent amout of laterns and expansion $ so when its time to make room
its much easier then having to store stuff.
On another note...the strawberries give grapes less frequently..i wouldn't recommend relying on them..its about a 10-1 ratio.
unless you have a huge amount of magic fruit to use up in the exchange for energy there is no point in chasing them in crops.

I should end the day with more than 500 grapes
. Us higher level players will unlocking community prizes for you lower levels while waiting on upgrade
items...so don't worry about that right now. We got you. Lol

bethaneyl
06-06-15, 08:35 AM
I had the same issue with more corks that barrels ...I used gems to speed through a few collects and finally able to upgrade to Level 4
I'm happy to report Level 4 is dropping 1 each ...so 1 barrel & 1 cork per/collect .....so it does even out eventually...
So maybe we might see even more drop with higher Level Vineyards
(Sorry if this had been reported ...just logged on haven't read back pages missed from last night)

nukesters2
06-06-15, 09:01 AM
I parked a monster before the event, and I am not touching it until this is over.

I slept in yesterday and have been busy today so I haven't had a lot of time to log in and collect, but I am also still at level 1. I have 5 corks and 1 barrel. I wish we had another way to get these items. In the Halloween event last year didn't we have a special quest that would give us the things to update the house?

Can you please explain how to "park" a monster? they always just show up in random places for me, usually where I least want them, like right now in the middle of all my farmhouses! :(

anurulz
06-06-15, 09:01 AM
Finally managed to reach level 2 vineyard..550 grapes...my queendom is starting to look like a farmhouse haven..

burritosprings
06-06-15, 09:03 AM
Can you please explain how to "park" a monster? they always just show up in random places for me, usually where I least want them, like right now in the middle of all my farmhouses! :(

On one account I used a skunk trap and placed it in a out of the way place so it would not effect collecting.. for those with the sparring pit.. its the same scenario.. just make sure when you tap to get the beast its in a isolated place.

kat8rose
06-06-15, 09:06 AM
Has anyone chopped the grape masher. Takes 5 chops.

I chopped 1 and got a total of 15 grapes, 3 / swipe, 5 energy.

FinsFabulousFoods
06-06-15, 09:09 AM

They mean just don't fight the monster. Only 1 will show up on screen at a time, so if you leave it alone, just collect around it, you don't have to fight any more. Usually best to do when it shows up somewhere at the edge of your town, only blocking a few things that you don't need right then. For instance I have one parked on top of a couple libraries and my jousting arena. I don't need them right now, and it is easier to leave the boar there than waste energy continually fighting.

If you happen to habe any traps, it is even easier. Just hack the trap in an out of the way spot, and the monster appears there. Then don't fight it for the rest of the event.

mehershey
06-06-15, 09:09 AM
Looking ahead, we seem to need a total of 5 hearty feasts - correct? Three to give to the Baron's mom and two for adventures? I want to start pre-cooking if this is the case.

piperonline
06-06-15, 09:11 AM
Morning all!

I love this event! My little vineyard looks very cute so far. I am having uneven drops for upgrade parts (all barrels and 2 corks for me), but that probability explanation makes sense to me. I'll keep it moving. And I'm level 50, so grapes are no problem. I will keep collecting to the end for the team!

Thanks for the pictures and advice, everyone!

Ziva7355
06-06-15, 09:14 AM
I dont not have the daily trade IOS player

tuffyjkitten
06-06-15, 09:19 AM
On one account I used a skunk trap and placed it in a out of the way place so it would not effect collecting.. for those with the sparring pit.. its the same scenario.. just make sure when you tap to get the beast its in a isolated place.

I was hoping I still had a skunkupine trap in my storage...yes! The beastie is now occupying my troll area which is not needed. No more fangbeasts on top of my farmhouses!

cjbeastmaster7
06-06-15, 09:28 AM
Seems like it...last collection again dropped a barrel but no cork...last event was the same for me..the rare drop I get, the common eludes me..
I'm only getting barrels and no corks??? Anyone else having this problem?

burritosprings
06-06-15, 09:32 AM
Looking ahead, we seem to need a total of 5 hearty feasts - correct? Three to give to the Baron's mom and two for adventures? I want to start pre-cooking if this is the case.

I am making a lot more then that or am I making a mistake.. I am only running the Roaming adventures.. trying to map it out to make sure I do have the amount needed to finish the quests ones also

PurpleScorpion76
06-06-15, 09:41 AM

It's just a phrase. We don't get to choose but sometimes the parked space is perfectly out of the way so we can carry on with our collecting.

PurpleScorpion76
06-06-15, 09:45 AM

Oh there's that too. I rarely use the traps do forgot about that fancy technique!

55lee55
06-06-15, 09:58 AM
I used traps until I was able to park the troll for free, but occasionally I sill still use traps because they make it easier to place a parked animal in an out of the way place.

But, I am running out of parking places because my kingdom is out of room. I would like to add my plea to the others for an expansion! Soon, please TL, as you seem to be giving us even more land hogs with this event. I admit I am enjoying this one much more than the limp tulip fiasco, but I still need room to put all this jun...er, beautiful buildings and decorations.

brendaisme
06-06-15, 10:12 AM

I'm going with one a day to get grapes from adventures. Am I wrong?

mybunnytail
06-06-15, 10:18 AM
It isn't. We'll have to make extra farmhouses or something. Sigh.

So are we being punished for being anti-apple???

burritosprings
06-06-15, 10:21 AM
So are we being punished for being anti-apple???

Its not that much of a biggie.. I have an account on a Droid tablet.. the trade uses up stuff I need for feasts and other stuff so not missing it at all.

AnniePMH
06-06-15, 10:41 AM
Annie, did the Vineyard Estate change appearance after level 8?

I'm so sorry, I don't remember...I'll check my pics, it might take a little while, though...:)
50k...

MikeyIsle
06-06-15, 10:49 AM
I can't find a Vineyard Estate to buy. I'm level 41.

bac211
06-06-15, 10:56 AM
I dont not have the daily trade IOS player

Have you updated to the latest version of Castle Story?

mreames
06-06-15, 10:56 AM
Looks to me like we need 6 hearty feasts for goals. (Refer to post 2 on 1st page under goals) Step 7 (go on 1 adventure), step 9 (give 3 feasts) and step 10 (go on 2 adventures). That's not counting any adventures we want to do in addition.

mehershey
06-06-15, 11:02 AM
You are right - 6. Thank you!

AnniePMH
06-06-15, 11:04 AM
Comparison of Vineyard Estates lev 8-10...

Sorry for not very good pics, they look the same to me, though...:)

mehershey
06-06-15, 11:05 AM
I'm going with one a day to get grapes from adventures. Am I wrong?

If you have enough supplies to run one a day, that is fine. Further in the goal chain you have to give the Baron's mom three hearty feasts and then go on that adventure three different times. I don't have hearty feasts saved up right now so want to make sure I have them made for when I need them.

tigarlilyvol
06-06-15, 12:05 PM
Level 5 drops 17 grapes, either 2 barrels, 2 corks, or 1 of each.

CharmOfLea
06-06-15, 12:10 PM

Sorry for not very good pics, they look the same to me, though...:)

Thank you so much for taking the time to look it up! <3 I can't live with unfinished buildings and was a little concerned about reaching L10. Now I just have to make it to L8, to me they appear the same as well.

50K! Is that a new record? :) How many tulips did u have at the end? I'm at 454 grapes & L3. :o

PurpleScorpion76
06-06-15, 12:28 PM
After day 2 I'm at 866 grapes. Got the tasting barrell this morning. Good progress. Fingers crossed I get the final cork to upgrade the vineyard before I go to sleep.

Keep up the good work everyone.

EBJW
06-06-15, 12:35 PM

I so much enjoyed the vineyard as it was, hoped to see it grow into a real wine-estate, but this.... It's not a vineyard anymore, in my eyes, it's a castle....! :rolleyes:
I see no reference to wine whatsoever...!
Such a shame....
I wonder now if I'll level up.....

Is this transformation the first after the start, or has it a transformation in between? And if so at what level?

AnniePMH
06-06-15, 12:38 PM
Thank you so much for taking the time to look it up! <3 I can't live with unfinished buildings and was a little concerned about reaching L10. Now I just have to make it to L8, to me they appear the same as well.

50K! Is that a new record? :) How many tulips did u have at the end? I'm at 454 grapes & L3. :o

I don't remember exactly, but the last t pic shows 30 565 t flowers...You're very welcome, happy I could help:)

GreyHills
06-06-15, 12:41 PM
More corks, more corks, more corks.... the drop proportions are to be honest a bit ridiculous.... four times more corks than barrels and with enough collections now that it should take out most of the random variation

Oh well, nothing to do but keep at it.....

fantaloonastic
06-06-15, 12:53 PM
Of course, why shouldn't a timed event start while I'm still on vacation without internet? *starts the catch up*

AnniePMH
06-06-15, 12:58 PM
Drops from the lev 10 Vineyard Estate? Couldn't find that in post 2...I get the 68 grapes, 380 - 410 coins, 1-2xp, random drops of 1-3 coal, 1-3 water, 1-2 sugar, 1 -2 purple petal, 1 jewels, 1-2 strawberries..:) One to several of the different random drops. 3 hrs to next collection.

I so much enjoyed the vineyard as it was, hoped to see it grow into a real wine-estate, but this.... It's not a vineyard anymore, in my eyes, it's a castle....! :rolleyes:
I see no reference to wine whatsoever...!
Such a shame....
I wonder now if I'll level up.....

Is this transformation the first after the start, or has it a transformation in between? And if so at what level?

I'll check that too, to see if I have pics of those lower levels. In the meantime, here a reminder of the drops from the lev 10 Vineyard Estate:)

AnniePMH
06-06-15, 01:14 PM
No sorry, only got a pic of lev 6, that Vineyard Estate looks a bit different:

Mylania
06-06-15, 01:17 PM
My daily grape trade today was 10 eggs, 10 bacon, 20 strawberries. Different from those listed in post 2, if you want to add, SW.

AnniePMH
06-06-15, 01:49 PM
Here's pics from 'A Mother's Concern', seemed that was missing?

nadavweinish
06-06-15, 02:06 PM
Since this update i have collected 8 empty oak barrels but not a single cork. Due to this i can't upgrade the vineyard and can't proceed in this quest

nadavweinish
06-06-15, 02:07 PM
Since this update i have collected 8 empty oak barrels but not a single cork. Due to this i can't upgrade the vineyard and can't proceed in this quest

aroara
06-06-15, 02:14 PM
All im getting is corks :/. Still at lv 1 vineyard

mreames
06-06-15, 02:14 PM

Keep collecting grapes and collect from the vineyard as often as possible. The corks will start falling eventually and you will still be progressing in the meantime. You'll still need all of those barrels and lots more of them. That's all anyone can suggest. :)

eastie41
06-06-15, 02:27 PM
Hi ! I love this new goal and the theme. Luv the Vineyard and new decorations.

Just wanted to update the Daily Trade for Grapes .
Today, my trade was 20 Jewels, 15 bones, 15 creep tooth for 10 grapes.

Good Luck everyone.:cool:

ghjvcucjb
06-06-15, 02:58 PM
I have no room:(:(:(:( please TL, more expansions. Thank you

ginourmous
06-06-15, 03:08 PM
MY FAIR IVY...

Any body else got this quest? It popped today in my book but it says 3 DAYS to:

Visit Old Thoma's house 20 TIMES ( 2hr wait time)
Visit iVy's House 5 TIMES (12hr wait time)
Visit 10 farm house

How are we supposed to visit Thomas 20 times in 3 days? And Ivy 5 times in 3 days? It's asking a lot, you have to make sure not to miss or delay too much on Ivy's hut. Not sure why they have to put this much pressure on us with this event going on and only allow 3 days.

Now, SERIOUSLY... we need ROOM, EXPANSIONS!!!!

What is the point for us to put all this time and effort to get all the great prizes just to put them in STORAGE because we have no room to show it off??? If this is my kingdom and I am the queen of it I Do declare my kingdom open for construction... Chop those trees down and create some jobs!!!! I have no idea why they refuse to open more space to build on. It's not like if they were selling expansions for gems. Come on guys!!! Let us have some space to make our kingdom looking good! There is plenty of items I want to buy for gems but I have no room to put them so I am not buying anything anymore, I am keeping my 1,056 gems in protest...lol

matrixkitten
06-06-15, 03:12 PM
I got the My Fair Ivy quest pop up yesterday. I was willing to attempt it, but I decided that I am not going to lose sleep over visiting Thomas' house every two hours. One cork is just not worth fragmented sleep three nights in a row!

crystiesc
06-06-15, 03:47 PM
I have an offer to trade 10 living wood, 20 mushrooms, and 10 sap for 10 grapes.

I won't be making that trade, lol. Those are all pretty valuable resources for my li'l kingdom - I would only rate red petals and fish higher at the moment.

I think the trades are too random for anyone to really keep up with them. Maybe that's just me, though :)

mreames
06-06-15, 04:06 PM
It's actually doable without losing sleep but certainly does take diligence, especially collecting from Old Thomas every 2 hours. 7 collections per day allows time for sleep. I questioned it, too, at first but now down to 4 OT visits and 2 Ivy visits while the timer is still showing 2 days. I know it's something less than 2 full days but still very easily done with the remaining time. It helps if you are able to make the first collection immediately ar the start of the 3 days.

Regarding more expansions.... A week or so ago, S8/TL acknowledged everyone's desire for more spaces so I'm sure they'll be forthcoming sometime in the near future. I'm also sure they weren't going to drop everything they already had/have in the works to work on more expansions.... But they will come :)

MY FAIR IVY...

Any body else got this quest? It popped today in my book but it says 3 DAYS to:

Visit Old Thoma's house 20 TIMES ( 2hr wait time)
Visit iVy's House 5 TIMES (12hr wait time)
Visit 10 farm house

How are we supposed to visit Thomas 20 times in 3 days? And Ivy 5 times in 3 days? It's asking a lot, you have to make sure not to miss or delay too much on Ivy's hut. Not sure why they have to put this much pressure on us with this event going on and only allow 3 days.

Now, SERIOUSLY... we need ROOM, EXPANSIONS!!!!

What is the point for us to put all this time and effort to get all the great prizes just to put them in STORAGE because we have no room to show it off??? If this is my kingdom and I am the queen of it I Do declare my kingdom open for construction... Chop those trees down and create some jobs!!!! I have no idea why they refuse to open more space to build on. It's not like if they were selling expansions for gems. Come on guys!!! Let us have some space to make our kingdom looking good! There is plenty of items I want to buy for gems but I have no room to put them so I am not buying anything anymore, I am keeping my 1,056 gems in protest...lol

annieverse
06-06-15, 04:12 PM
Vineyard estate on level 3 gives 7 grapes and 1 cork or 1 barrel.

Sorry, if this information has been post earlier.

thanks! Added.... SW

tigarlilyvol
06-06-15, 04:33 PM
Level 6 gives 24 grapes, either 2 barrels or 2 corks, or 1 of each

Thanks! Added..... SW

alexium
06-06-15, 04:47 PM
So far my winery is still on level 1. I have received 0 barrels. Thought I'd use gems to upgrade but then realised 25 gems per barrel (too much). I don't see how completing this event is possible if drops don't include an even amount of corks and barrels, especially when the winery is the only building that drops them. I've read other players have the opposite problem - all barrels, no cork. I read the blurb which said this is achievable but if it takes several days just to upgrade to level 2 then I think the math is out! I'm hoping this is not another event that depends just on luck rather than dedicated playing - that just leaves you feeling *****ed.

SpiritWind00
06-06-15, 05:21 PM
I will pass on to the team about the numerous requests for more expansions.

I have removed some of the previous posts as they are inflaming and off topic. Please be reminded that both Kooky and I will remove posts in line with forum posting rules. You can find the rules in Section 9 in the Hub. Thank you.....

burritosprings
06-06-15, 05:22 PM
So far my winery is still on level 1. I have received 0 barrels. Thought I'd use gems to upgrade but then realised 25 gems per barrel (too much). I don't see how completing this event is possible if drops don't include an even amount of corks and barrels, especially when the winery is the only building that drops them. I've read other players have the opposite problem - all barrels, no cork. I read the blurb which said this is achievable but if it takes several days just to upgrade to level 2 then I think the math is out! I'm hoping this is not another event that depends just on luck rather than dedicated playing - that just leaves you feeling *****ed.

Don't use Gems unless you are sure of the result.. if you didn't you *****ed yourself

Rockylandia
06-06-15, 05:31 PM
Lol, after leveling up my vineyard, my count now stands at: corks 5, barrels 0.

burritosprings
06-06-15, 05:34 PM
Lol, after leveling up my vineyard, my count now stands at: corks 5, barrels 0.

what lvl is Vineyard now ? 2?

Rockylandia
06-06-15, 06:03 PM
what lvl is Vineyard now ? 2?

No, reached level 3 after sudden spate of barrels. But you can see the imbalance that persists

tuffyjkitten
06-06-15, 06:43 PM
Of course, why shouldn't a timed event start while I'm still on vacation without internet? *starts the catch up*

Opposite for me....it ends in the middle of my vacation. Trying to get all the grapes needed before I leave so I can focus on vacation and not be tied to the iPad.

eabrown25
06-06-15, 07:48 PM
Right now I'm on Lv. 2 for the vineyard - still need one last oak barrel to upgrade.
My strategy this time is to use the farmhouses to build up my grape total and not rely only on the vineyard, grape press, other buildings. Since the farmhouse recharges in 10 minutes you can collect a lot of grapes if you focus on those collections. I think I have 15 farmhouses right now
Doing this I'm a little over 800 grapes. After I have a couple more upgrades completed for the vineyard I'll start putting a few of farmhouses away and making sure I have enough materials for the later goals. I would suggest trying this if you are having trouble upgrading the vineyard.
The only part of the event that concerns me is getting enough corks and barrels to upgrade to level 10 for the vineyard. I'm wondering if levels 7 or 8 drop more than 2 pieces of either item.

kittensabc
06-06-15, 08:13 PM
My plan is to have the grapes wrapped up by next Friday and then just store everything except the Vineyard and ignore the rest of the event.

AnniePMH
06-06-15, 08:18 PM
Goal pics from the last goals, if needed...

8. Preparing to serve royalty

(9. A Mother's concern -already posted pics)

10. Mother's birthday bonanza

11. Time to celebrate

mreames
06-06-15, 08:29 PM
My plan is to have the grapes wrapped up by next Friday and then just store everything except the Vineyard and ignore the rest of the event.

I'm not sure what day I'll finish the grapes (have 1800+) but my plan is similar. Well, I will do the rest of the goals and leave just enough out to accomplish them and continue to upgrade the vineyard but I will quit gathering grapes.

ghjvcucjb
06-06-15, 08:32 PM

Just a thought, if by next Friday you haven't experienced "grape burnout" or gotten carpal tunnel (lol) it would be nice if you could continued to collect as many grapes as possible to add to the community. It's summer and many people will be going on vacations or spending a lot of time at summer camp/beach/gatherings and won't have the normal time for collecting. So for everyone who can continue once past the personal goals, it would be very helpful.

kittensabc
06-06-15, 08:47 PM
Just a thought, if by next Friday you haven't experienced "grape burnout" or gotten carpal tunnel (lol) it would be nice if you could continued to collect as many grapes as possible to add to the community. It's summer and many people will be going on vacations or spending a lot of time at summer camp/beach/gatherings and won't have the normal time for collecting. So for everyone who can continue once past the personal goals, it would be very helpful.

In the Flower event it was shown that the community totals don't reflect actual community efforts but rather a formula that is designed to go down to the very last hour of the event. There is literally no point in collecting grapes beyond the last prize because you have no effect on the community prizes.

mreames
06-06-15, 09:10 PM
In the Flower event it was shown that the community totals don't reflect actual community efforts but rather a formula that is designed to go down to the very last hour of the event. There is literally no point in collecting grapes beyond the last prize because you have no effect on the community prizes.

Agreed. Plus anything we add individually, out of literally hundreds of millions or was it over a billion.... Is a tiny, tiny fraction. It wouldn't look good on the company if we miss the goal by a few hundred out of a billion. Lol but back to the beginning.... I've never known one of their community events to not get enough by the end. :)
The only reason I'm going this fast is to get it over with. Lol frankly I'm already burned out on gathering grapes. ;)

nightmare325
06-06-15, 09:27 PM
So, just how random is collecting grapes drom strawberries? Out of about 90 strawberries, I've only collected 6 grapes...that's a lot of wasted 'energy' for such a small return. Is this the normal? Thanks!

SpiritWind00
06-06-15, 09:33 PM
So, just how random is collecting grapes drom strawberries? Out of about 90 strawberries, I've only collected 6 grapes...that's a lot of wasted 'energy' for such a small return. Is this the normal? Thanks!

It's very random. Personally I wouldn't bother with strawberries. Go with farmhouses which are a guaranteed drop.... ;)

mreames
06-06-15, 09:44 PM

No, that was below normal.. It probably should have been at least 9. (Sheepish grin) like SpiritWind said... Farmhouses are relatively cheap and easy to build if you don't already have a bunch. I have 13 out and it's enough to outpace energy with a guaranteed grape and sometimes 2 grapes.

EBJW
06-06-15, 10:00 PM
No sorry, only got a pic of lev 6, that Vineyard Estate looks a bit different:

Thanx!

Can anyone tell me when the transformation starts, at what level?

(cause this looks a castle to me also, I don't want a castle, I want a vineyard! I want to keep my building plain!)

Dabag
06-06-15, 10:15 PM
Goal pics from the last goals, if needed...

Thank you AnniePMH always appreciate your being there when the going gets a little rough.
Would really like your help if you have the time.

I think the confusion on the upgrade requirements start at Level 8
Post #61 Chaotarch
Lv8: invalid Attachment - can not access
Lv.9: invalid attachment - cannot access

Lv.10 click for image - accessed I read as requirements for level 10

===
just so you know, when I comment that no photo is available this is why.
some photos just do not make the grade for copying as an example
post #75 & #138 say to click to view image and this is what I get
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%202015/EVENT%20June%202015/75a%20960x540%20400x226%20-%20Copy.jpg This photo has the same requirements for level 10

and this one is just not complete enough to guess.
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%202015/EVENT%20June%202015/138D%20959x540%20400x225%20-%20Copy.jpg

Hope you can see what I mean. I have 2 posts with the same requirements for different upgrades.
The Goal Thread is just not correct yet,

Annie
Pretty please,
would you check your photos and confirm the upgrade requirements for Lv.8, 9.

as always, I appreciate your time & effort
dabag

Dabag
06-06-15, 10:21 PM
Thanx!

Can anyone tell me when the transformation starts, at what level?

(cause this looks a castle to me also, I don't want a castle, I want a vineyard! I want to keep my building plain!)

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%202015/EVENT%20June%202015/Lv.2%20amp%20prize1%20-%20Copy.jpg

This is what my Vineyard Estate looked like at Level 2 and Level 3
(placed it near the Royal Chateau - just because it seemed right)
not quite a level 4 yet. soon will post again then, cause I think that's when the change will start.

AnniePMH
06-06-15, 10:26 PM
Thank you AnniePMH always appreciate your being there when the going gets a little rough.
Would really like your help if you have the time.

I think the confusion on the upgrade requirements start at Level 8
Post #61 Chaotarch
Lv8: invalid Attachment - can not access
Lv.9: invalid attachment - cannot access

Lv.10 click for image - accessed I read as requirements for level 10

===
just so you know, when I comment that no photo is available this is why.
some photos just do not make the grade for copying as an example
post #75 & #138 say to click to view image and this is what I get
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%202015/EVENT%20June%202015/75a%20960x540%20400x226%20-%20Copy.jpg This photo has the same requirements for level 10

and this one is just not complete enough to guess.
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%202015/EVENT%20June%202015/138D%20959x540%20400x225%20-%20Copy.jpg

Hope you can see what I mean. I have 2 posts with the same requirements for different upgrades.
The Goal Thread is just not correct yet,

Annie
Pretty please,
would you check your photos and confirm the upgrade requirements for Lv.8, 9.

as always, I appreciate your time & effort
dabag

Of course! I'll check my pics and see what I can find:) Can you se my pics ok?

AnniePMH
06-06-15, 10:34 PM
Requirements for upgrade to lev 10

A Mother's concern

AnniePMH
06-06-15, 10:51 PM
Thing is, I'm not 100% sure which lev these requirements are for? I'll try to confirm it somehow...
Lev 9?

Lev8?

Edit: I can't find info about the upgrade with Builder's Paste and Royal Beams in post 2. Instead you have the same requirements for lev 9 and 10, which does not seem right to me. Hope these pics will help:) Do these pics work for you? I always post them in the same way, it's so strange why they only work sometimes?

lmirul
06-06-15, 10:59 PM
Hi, I've just got a question in regards to the bandit adventures for the later goals. Is the goal completed by sending them out on an adventure or collecting upon its return?