Quote Originally Posted by rrongway36 View Post
For what it's worth, for some older players like me, the platinum dragon may be very very difficult to get. I've been playing since the beginning, so my dragons don't enter the evolution temple when they evolve to level 4, meaning that bombs don't drop from those evolutions. And in my case, much of my time prior to this update has been spent feeding and evolving my dragons to the epic level, so my island is full of habitats full of epic dragons. I don't have any dragons on my island lower than level 7, and the vast majority of my habitats are full with maxed-out dragons. This doesn't give me many opportunities to evolve more dragons, unless I sell/trade some of my epics and raise new ones, which isn't a super attractive option. I've tried hatching air dragons and evolving them to level 7, but so far, they haven't dropped any bombs. I think it would even the playing field a bit if teamlava tweaked it so that bombs could drop from level 4 evolutions for players whose dragons don't enter the evolution temple at that level.
If you breed normally you can get the rare or super rare which tend to yield more bombs and dynamite. I don't think buying the cheapies will work. For an older player, I agree and see that the expansion aspect of this feature would be the most benefit. You make some good points and hopefully TL will take note so that all players, new, old, etc. can take advantage of the mine and enjoy it.

I've been playing a year, but due to the influx of new dragons had plenty to evolve, if not 3-4, from 6-7. I'm close to getting the platinum so I hope they don't end beta and remove it before we can finish. 200 was a high number to achieve considering the drop rates. I only used gold to buy 1 new play at the mine, but have used it to speed breeding and evolving. I do this occasionally anyway so it's nice to essentially get a reward for it. Takes the sting out of using it, as it's a precious commodity.