Page 12 of 102 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Story - Mining-56 expansions (IOS and ANDROID)

Host(ess)
    @walhalladragon

I agree, things have really been difficult to breed. I'm sure that something has been changed in the game.
    I've been so desperate I end up using Boosted Breeding... when they introduced this I decided there was no way I'd use this. I end up getting the Gingerbread and Gadget within a couple of goes using this. Maybe pure luck... which has been in short supply for me lately or maybe this has been tweaked to be better. And normal breeding being nurfed.
    As I said, I only used this in frustration, so I cannot say it makes a difference. This isn't enough of a sample to know for sure.
    Last edited by Bovo71; 12-24-13 at 04:46 AM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by yayacupcake View Post
    Hahah yeah, boldly going where no Android has gone before him... which would be.... ANYWHERE!

Oh, that's hilarious!

I want it though

I really like the beta version except the games in the mine are boring but I've gotten 7 expansions and over 90 toward the 200 for the new dragon. My only complaint is that since getting the beta version I have not had a gold sale and I have not been able to breed any new dragons. I had over 500 fails trying to get any of the holiday dragons and only got Santa which I got before the upgrade. Gold was on sale when I downloaded the upgrade and it was gone when the upgrade loaded. I can't afford gold when it is not on sale so I guess I'll not be playing much. And now the New Years dragons and lots back that were out before I began to play. I can't get them either since gold is too expensive. It is really frustrating since the beta version is a great add on and good way to get food. But without any new dragons breeding and no gold to buy them with then I don't need as much food. So it's a Catch-22! Beta version or gold and dragons?
    Last edited by walhalladragon; 12-24-13 at 08:59 PM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by walhalladragon View Post
    I really like the beta version except the games in the mine are boring but I've gotten 7 expansions and over 90 toward the 200 for the new dragon. My only complaint is that since getting the beta version I have not had a gold sale and I have not been able to breed any new dragons. I had over 500 fails trying to get any of the holiday dragons and only got Santa which I got before the upgrade. Gold was on sale when I downloaded the upgrade and it was gone when the upgrade loaded. I can't afford gold when it is not on sale so I guess I'll not be playing much. And now the New Years dragons and lots back that were out before I began to play. I can't get them either since gold is too expensive. It is really frustrating since the beta version is a great add on and good way to get food. But without any new dragons breeding and no gold to buy them with then I don't need as much food. So it's a Catch-22! Beta version or gold and dragons?
    on my game that has the beta I have a gold sale and no gold sale on the game that hasn't, so i think it's just coincidence that you lost the gold sale when you got the beta version.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by walhalladragon View Post
    I have bred both royal and gingerbread since getting the upgrade, which were new for me...not to rub salt in the wound or anything but it's not a glitch, just bad luck

Quote Originally Posted by cakeandpie View Post
    I agree. In my game I don't have an evolution from 3 to 4. Normally this is a definite asset, but if I were in the beta test (and I'm not--maybe this is partly why), it would definitely be a liability. Many of the dragons are outrageously expensive to feed. I actually rarely have any dragons in my evolution temple because it takes soooo long to get most of the dragons to epic. Usually I just feed/evolve to 7 and then choose which ones I think are most valuable in the arena to raise to epic, but even of those, a lot don't make it past 8 or 9 because of how much food it takes. So if I were in the test, I'd be getting almost no bombs, unless I wanted to waste a TON of food on evolving dragons I didn't plan to keep.
    Maybe they might use this new feature as an incentive to switch everyone across to evolutions between 3/4. It at least gives you something (extra bombs etc) for taking the perk away, but I would feel mixed about this. I know I will be working on expanding pretty hard since I'm running out of space already (3 habitats short of the current cap) and I won't sacrifice my decorations. You're right though, that without this we long time players would struggle. I wouldn't mind feeding dragons to Lvl 4 to get bombs (currently do this for trading portal), but if I have to waste a whole lot of food to raise dragons to Lvl7 just for a bomb, I will get frustrated very quickly. I too am finding it hard to farm enough food to level up my dragons (between summonings). I used to have an island with almost all epics (except for a few babies too cute to level up), but now it's a hodge podge of all levels with many of my newer dragons getting only up to Lvl 9 (for Arena). I am currently going through a very strict screening process on which of my dragons gets to go Epic next

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by rsusko View Post
    I have bred both royal and gingerbread since getting the upgrade, which were new for me...not to rub salt in the wound or anything but it's not a glitch, just bad luck
    I am also the part of this beta and I got my Santa , kite and honeybee all new for me

Executive Chef
    I wish I were part of beta... Is selection completely random for beta testing?
    I'm level 150
    Require evolution from 3 to 4
    iOS
    Maxed on habitats
    Still have some room for expansions

Do any of these variables affect chances? Anybody know?

For what it's worth, for some older players like me, the platinum dragon may be very very difficult to get. I've been playing since the beginning, so my dragons don't enter the evolution temple when they evolve to level 4, meaning that bombs don't drop from those evolutions. And in my case, much of my time prior to this update has been spent feeding and evolving my dragons to the epic level, so my island is full of habitats full of epic dragons. I don't have any dragons on my island lower than level 7, and the vast majority of my habitats are full with maxed-out dragons. This doesn't give me many opportunities to evolve more dragons, unless I sell/trade some of my epics and raise new ones, which isn't a super attractive option. I've tried hatching air dragons and evolving them to level 7, but so far, they haven't dropped any bombs. I think it would even the playing field a bit if teamlava tweaked it so that bombs could drop from level 4 evolutions for players whose dragons don't enter the evolution temple at that level.

Rhino Keeper
    Never thought I'd be glad to say I have to use the evolution temple at level 4...