Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery: Future Updates Chat Thread!

Rhino Keeper
    I'm for Valentines or Marde Grau (yes I know I didn't spell that right) & definitely one more gem sale . Very soon

Fashion Designer
    This feels weird to me.

Executive Chef
    central california where theres droughts and fires
    Quote Originally Posted by sls0991 View Post
    This feels weird to me.
    me too :/
    I'm aishas boutique on fashion story, I'm also on bakery story and restaurant story.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by sls0991 View Post
    This feels weird to me.
    I recently started being active on forums yet it feels weird to me too, hahah. Oh well.

Executive Chef
    well, it's our own faults. we speculate too much! (and some of us don't know how to go back and update first posts.)

so you guys are saying no valentine's goals? i know if they came out next week it would be a very short time frame to complete them for v-day, but i still figured they'd do it, as it's a popular holiday in game. and if they ran later than actual vday, for those of us who are slow, lovey-dovey content seems more universal than say, halloween content (although some keep that out all year).

anyway, for this week, i'm going with...i was sitting here, trying to think of something completely off the wall to guess, and thought of the infamous RS baby dinosaurs, cause there's nothing more off the wall than that. and then i thought of a human nursery theme, and then i thought they could give us an organic baby food maker as an appliance, and wouldn't that be horrible? just for them not even pretend to design, just 3 bowls of mush.

and now that i've passed on that terrible idea, i'm guessing it will be a shopping theme! now that's she's been exercising & eating healthy, aunt loretta needs a celebratory new look, so hazel will come along with some shopping bags, and then we can get one of those cakes shaped like shoes or dresses or whatever, and then (and i so far don't even like this idea, but it's all leading up to this) we can get a standalone aunt loretta in a different dress!
    I go by varying numbers of utensils in BS, and cafe lula, welcome cafe, and zephyr cafe in RS (just so you know it's me--you can't add me by those).
    I always love to visit well-designed or creative bakeries & restaurants!

Executive Chef
    I think it should be a bakery makeover theme. Construction guys and a design artist redoing the place. I could just be thinking of that because I'm sitting here with hgtv playing in the background lol

Executive Chef
    I think most probably is will be a Valentine Goal. I love buying lot of those Valentine stuffs that are on sales now. Of course, I like that Valentine Cupcakes. So lovely. It is inside the easy oven. Left 14 days only.

Enjoy Baking.
    Enjoy Baking! 🍰

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    well, it's our own faults. we speculate too much! (and some of us don't know how to go back and update first posts.)

so you guys are saying no valentine's goals? i know if they came out next week it would be a very short time frame to complete them for v-day, but i still figured they'd do it, as it's a popular holiday in game. and if they ran later than actual vday, for those of us who are slow, lovey-dovey content seems more universal than say, halloween content (although some keep that out all year).
    I feel like Valentine's Day is a sure theme for Bakery Story because Valentine's Day is nothing if not dessert-oriented. You could really have anything heart-shaped, or chocolatey, or red-and-white and have it pass for V-Day. I'm personally hoping we'll get some more chocolate recipes because of the theme I have in mind But of course, I'm also ever-hopeful for a Valentine's Masquerade...

Also hoping we'll get a cute Valentine's Register. Seriously, just slap some pink and red paint on the existing cash register, add a heart or two, and voila! Plus, we know that the current artists are capable of drawing a cash register, based on the displays we've been getting with cash registers in them. ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ All you need is love~ ♬ ♫ ♪

Back to the topic at hand: I'd like to get Valentine's goals this week, but assuming we might get a regular update in between, I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess crepes! February 2nd is France's National Crepe Day, and I know one particular Bakery Story Frenchman who might want to show his patriotism Plus, think of the recipes! Crepes Suzette, Mille-Crepe Cake, Strawberry Crepes... yum!

I'm down for Mardi Gras as well, but the recipe situation gives me pause. I'm the first person who'll advocate for more diversity in Bakery Story, and we could get some fantastic decorations for Mardi Gras for our bakeries (a Mardi Gras parade, Jester Hazel/Jester Loretta, Bead Garlands for the wall, green/gold/purple tables, chairs, counters, flooring, etc., etc.). I'd love if we could get these even without a Mardi Gras oven to match.

But, the thing is: we have been getting new appliances consistently for the past few months. Assuming the trend should continue, what could Bakery Story introduce in an appliance for Mardi Gras? King Cake is the obvious choice, but other New Orleans classics were done in the Jazz Oven (recipes pics below):

I personally wouldn't mind an appliance-less update for a week if it meant some amazing decoration options. However, if we must get recipes, I hope we'll get the Jazz Oven back, rather than a new oven.

(Didn't realize this would get so rambly... but hooray for speculation! )
    Last edited by pixiegamer; 02-01-16 at 10:28 PM.
    ~ Forum Moderator for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story ~

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    Having an issue with your game? Contact Storm8 Support
    Forum Rules: Check Here!
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar
    Also, completely forgot to mention this in my rambling, but the lovey-dovey theme could actually work for all of February this year! There's something called a 'Leap Proposal', where on February 29th, women propose to men. Apparently it's a European thing.

Would be interesting if Bakery Story did something special for the Leap Year on the February 24th update
    ~ Forum Moderator for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story ~

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    Having an issue with your game? Contact Storm8 Support
    Forum Rules: Check Here!
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

Executive Chef
    Oh yeah, it's a leap year. I'm speculating even further in advance: we'll get a skydiver theme that week!
    I go by varying numbers of utensils in BS, and cafe lula, welcome cafe, and zephyr cafe in RS (just so you know it's me--you can't add me by those).
    I always love to visit well-designed or creative bakeries & restaurants!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast