Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery Update 10-22-14

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by ashrb View Post
    I'm curious if they will treat Christmas the way they're treating Halloween considering they used to go all out for Halloween updates.
    I can see that happening, with the way this holiday was handled. I haven't been around in the past years, but I do know that there were more items given, even if it's just a box after the initial release. With them making the holiday items the goal update, I guess that's better than a normal update considering everything will be for coins and not super expensive, so everyone can buy a lot of it (if they want). But maybe they're getting away from going too overboard with holiday items since not everyone is in the US where these holidays are taking place now and/or may not celebrate these holidays anyway.

However, I do think that the goal update and at least a box the next week would have sufficed, though I never bother with boxes personally. And going off of one of the reasons I listed earlier, it is weird that they would then still continue seasonal themes like Summer for so long (more so in RS than BS), since it's not that season everywhere. Though I guess seasonal items are still more "inclusive" overall and people can simply use it then without any personal reasons not to, other than in-game reasons like no coins/too expensive, bad design/look, committed to current theme, etc.

I can't say I blame them honestly, since it's so hard to please everyone and if they released too much of it then you would have those people who don't like to participate in Holiday decorating who just want "regular" things again (which was evident by the Halloween "shenanigans" that went on in the goal topic originally before it got sorted out). And since I typically don't let a bad update bother me much, it doesn't matter to me in the long run. I'll just save some coins and use what I have at the moment until the next one. I do understand the disappointment with the lack of holiday stuff for others though, as I notice a lot of places like to go all out when it comes to holidays, so things like this are probably not very pleasing to see unfortunately.
    I am no longer accepting new neighbor requests at this time, I have more than enough for now. Thanks!

Farm Supplier
    I suppose one reason why I am not upset about not getting Halloween items is because I downloaded the Halloween version and got most of them from there. You can get it online. I have only been playing on this device since June, although I had another ID a few years back. I missed out on last year's holidays, so I would love to see any of those items. Plus, I believe the counters, tables, chairs, and plants in this update would go great with Halloween decor... Black and red - definitely Halloween colors.

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar
    Honestly... the only saving grace for me in this update are the small potted trees. I think their coloring would fit in nicely with an autumn bakery, which I hope to eventually re-transition my bakery into. The display is also nice and I think could fit in with winter holidays, thanks again to the coloring, but the foods on display are the same as the ones in the Patisserie Display and Tea Time Display from February (actually, there appears to be one less sweet on this new one!). Would have been nice to see some variety, but it's a minor thing, and I'm sure newer players will appreciate a new display. Hopefully both will be for coins.

However, as pretty as this update is, I'm very disappointed with it because it just as easily could have come any other time of the year. Where is the holiday content? Where is the autumn decor? If TL wanted to avoid the Halloween/autumn theme (which it looks like they have been doing since September anyway, save for the Halloween goals), they could have gone to a different holiday and still kept a relevant update (Diwali, anyone?), but instead, we get a fairly generic update that could have literally come any other week. It's certainly very pretty, but I have a hard time seeing how it ties into anything commonly (or uncommonly) associated with this time of year.

I really hope we see a re-release of previous Halloween content tomorrow alongside this update, because the way things have been going, I'm not holding any hope that we'll get any spooky/scary/relevant stuff next week, despite it's being just before Halloween.
    ~ Forum Moderator for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story ~

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    Having an issue with your game? Contact Storm8 Support
    Forum Rules: Check Here!
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

I'm disappointed that it's not autumn/Halloween-related, but I really do like some of these items. I think the bonsai tree could fit in with an autumn-themed bakery because of its colors.

Honestly though, I'll most likely just buy a little bit of everything & then store it for later use.

Fashion Designer
    I am soooooo glad it's not a Halloween update! Yahoo!!!!!
    Add me if you are a high level player who gifts parts only and gifts goal parts and accepts requests during goals! Must do goals so you know what parts are needed! I rarely tip. No tips required. Food gifters get deleted.

Boring!

Really expected a halloween update, you have the rest of the year for these random not bakery related themes! And you ruined october!! HUGE disappointment!
    Waiting for goals at FS since 2013

Rhino Keeper
    I'm sure it's probably because something will be re-released......fingers crossed???

Farm Supplier
    Everyone clamoring for autumn goals realizes that people in other countries like Australia play this game and autumn updates for them would be maybe not desirable.

Rhino Keeper
    we still currently have Halloween goals with decor. I'm confused about posts asking for Halloween items?

Rhino Keeper
    Wonder if there is going to be a "surprise" oven or display?
    Last edited by rocketsmama; 10-21-14 at 09:46 PM.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast