View Poll Results: Did you like this Event?/ Which items do you like?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • I liked this Event

10 38.46%
  • I did not like this Event

11 42.31%
  • I could not finish in time

9 34.62%
  • Mantaray Dragon

9 34.62%
  • Seafish Dragon

12 46.15%
  • Adrfit Princess Dragon

11 42.31%
  • Seacrypt Dragon

13 50.00%
  • Secret Step

1 3.85%
  • Aquar Lamp

3 11.54%
  • Raw Marble

1 3.85%
  • Aquaria Gateway

3 11.54%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Secret City 2 Dragon Tales **NEW POLL ADDED**

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Varinamom View Post
    Anybody know the breeding time for Manaray?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mantaray_Baby.png 
Views:	85 
Size:	20.3 KB 
ID:	45443
    Rarity: Common
    Type: Tropic White Blue
    Habitat: Tropic Strand, White Meadow, Blue Lagoon
    Available at: Level 15
    Buying Price: 400 Gold
    Selling Price: 100 Coin
    Breeding & Incubation: 3 hours
    Exp Gained: 780 Exp
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by ksbmommy View Post
    It only holds 2 dragons and is 4X4, not a good use of space/land. The original tropic habitat at least holds 3 and is for coins as well.
    Totally agree with you. Typically I buy all the new habitats because I like having variety and bc they hold 4 dragons. I haven't bought any of the recent for-coins habs that only hold 2.
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

New Resident
    Got it 3rd try with light and water. Only 1 winter fail. 3 hour breeding time!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image-1.jpg 
Views:	426 
Size:	121.2 KB 
ID:	45444
    Last edited by kooky panda; 07-03-18 at 01:21 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    It only holds 2 dragons and is 4X4, not a good use of space/land. The original tropic habitat at least holds 3 and is for coins as well.
    But the hat is new!!!

no, wait...

I dont like the uniformity of having n copies of the same habitat, i like this type of habitats

Rhino Keeper
    [QUOTE=ksbmommy;1524652]I feed the tales dragons in advance and evolve the dragons overnight. Mine are then out questing all day long. Some of the tasks can be done in advance, make sure to review which ones. I also start right away so I don?t bump into other events. I plan my battle strategy when the tourney comes out, it usually tends to interfere in some way so I have to chose when to start it.

I never have issues completing tales because I try and prep ahead of time. I never have to use gold on this event. My biggest challenge was having enough food but now I know about how much to keep on hand so it?s easier.

Thanks KSB
    Whilst I totally agree with you that completing events requires forward planning, progress is totally dependent on being lucky enough to breed the common dragon - in this case Mantaray. My success rate is about 1 out of 5 events. My first attempt earlier this morning has a 12 hour egg sitting on nest. Winter here we go again!
    Hence I stick to my resolve not to start events until and unless I am lucky enough to breed the common dragon required.
    Feeding in advance is also a good strategy - HOWEVER this presumes you have enough food. With no respite given between events I find this the most difficult aspect. I am currently sitting on less than 85k. A quick look at levels were obliged to raise the 3 dragons to suggests that this event will require over 500k apples. A big ask in my view given that it means no food can be given to growing our fighting troupe.
    Would very much appreciate it if you could pass on any tips as to how you keep your food levels high enough to participate in all events - I rarely have farms empty and harvest diligently yet have never managed to accumulate more than 300k. Of course this is due to need to raise champions to levels needed to win tournaments. It’s almost at the point where we are forced to choose between tournaments and events

Thanks for sharing your methodology and good luck to all

Executive Chef
    [QUOTE=Ellerslie6;1524683]
    I feed the tales dragons in advance and evolve the dragons overnight. Mine are then out questing all day long. Some of the tasks can be done in advance, make sure to review which ones. I also start right away so I don?t bump into other events. I plan my battle strategy when the tourney comes out, it usually tends to interfere in some way so I have to chose when to start it.

I never have issues completing tales because I try and prep ahead of time. I never have to use gold on this event. My biggest challenge was having enough food but now I know about how much to keep on hand so it?s easier.

Thanks KSB
    Whilst I totally agree with you that completing events requires forward planning, progress is totally dependent on being lucky enough to breed the common dragon - in this case Mantaray. My success rate is about 1 out of 5 events. My first attempt earlier this morning has a 12 hour egg sitting on nest. Winter here we go again!
    Hence I stick to my resolve not to start events until and unless I am lucky enough to breed the common dragon required.
    Feeding in advance is also a good strategy - HOWEVER this presumes you have enough food. With no respite given between events I find this the most difficult aspect. I am currently sitting on less than 85k. A quick look at levels were obliged to raise the 3 dragons to suggests that this event will require over 500k apples. A big ask in my view given that it means no food can be given to growing our fighting troupe.
    Would very much appreciate it if you could pass on any tips as to how you keep your food levels high enough to participate in all events - I rarely have farms empty and harvest diligently yet have never managed to accumulate more than 300k. Of course this is due to need to raise champions to levels needed to win tournaments. It’s almost at the point where we are forced to choose between tournaments and events

Thanks for sharing your methodology and good luck to all
    I keep 350,000 food at all times (well I try). I only feed during leaderboards (if necessary) and focus on feeding only my good fighters for tourneys. You don't need a ton of champs to win them, coloring matching can be just as an effective strategy and cheaper to feed. By the time the next tales comes around, I've had enough time to restock the food with diligent planting.

Fashion Designer
    Wow these dragons are absolutely gorgeous! Especially Seacrypt, can't wait to have it!
    Feel free to add me on Dragon Story!
    [I don't visit often but I always answer requests]

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by rissah View Post
    Someone had tips in the last event about how to actually make it through one of these. It was like, speed up the first chapters to get the first dragon so that you can max it right away or something. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Any help would be appreciated. I used gold and played like 24-7 last tales and still didn't make it through.
    Speeding up the Chapters is both a waste of gold and detrimental, imho (unless you missed a day or two and need to catch up). Why pay to throw away time?? You could be using those hours to grow more food! Time is your best friend in the Tales. With good time management and pre-planning, there is more than enough time to do all the questing without speeding up the first Chapter.

The wait time between Chapters is when you can evo your dragons, do a bunch of questing, grow tons of Rushrooms, and set up everything you need for the next Chapter. When everything is prepared ahead of time, some Chapters can be completed in a couple of hours, and some in just a few minutes. Then, that gives you like 18-20 hours of pressure-free time to quest and evo. And to keep breeding for that stupid "common" (snort) dragon.

It's best to start the Tales with a minimum 250,000 food. You can grow the rest that you will need during the Tales by non-stop spamming Rushrooms. If you don't have at least 250,000 food at the start, don't bother trying to get past the 2nd dragon, imho. It's just not possible without spending a ton of gold or money. I try to start with at least 300,000 food and usually have around 100,000 leftover at the end (because of spamming Rushrooms all week).

I feed and evo the first two Tales dragons up to their max required level ASAP. Bam bam bam, feed and evo, feed and evo, done. This really helps with their battles in the later Chapters, and it just gets the evo-ing out of the way so you can focus on the other tasks. It also leaves the first dragon free to quest without interruption.

I always let the Tales autostart, and try to breed the "common" (ahem) dragon before the autostart occurs. He only gets fed up to level 6, and I do that as soon as he's hatched.

Planning ahead is the best way -if not the only way- to complete the Tales. The most helpful tool for me is a handwritten list. I write down all the Chapters and their tasks and refer to it *constantly*. Each task gets crossed off as it is completed. Everything that can be done or prepared ahead of time for the next Chapter is ready to go when the Chaper unlocks. At the beginning of the event, I figure out exactly how many of each questing item is needed for crafting. That gets it's own section on the list, and I keep tallies of how many I have of each item. The number chages as items are crafted, so it's important to keep the tallies updated and accurate.

As long as you have the food, can breed the needed "common" (cough), and use all the time given to plan ahead, it is easy to finish the Tales without spending any gold.

Good luck!
    Last edited by FireballFarm; 07-03-18 at 04:48 PM.

Farm Supplier
    This is great advice,,, I use to think I was a weirdo b/c I write down all my tales chapters lol glad I’m not the only one!

Rhino Keeper
    First try Water with Light and I got a 3hr timer! Can't believe my luck coz the last event I had to use gold to skip hatching the common.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast