Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trick to avoid hitting the extra slot and losing 49 gems

Lightbulb Trick to avoid hitting the extra slot and losing 49 gems

Hi All,

Long time player so I've worked out a trick for this that worked very well for a long time. It works no matter how many slots you've already accidentally bought already. Don't know how much longer I'll be playing so I thought I'd share this on the forum (probably should have done this sooner ).

When you accept gifts, these end up as extra "slots" at the beginning of order catalogs slots. They actually push the slots further out and never actually expire. Given there are 4 different gift types you can push the "buy extra slot for 49 gems" up to 4 spots to the right, and eventually off the screen! Once it's alone by itself on it's own screen\row, it is much harder to accidentally tap it.

The trick is to keep just enough of these "gift slots" (don't put them out to racks or counters) so that you push the 49 gems extra slot button off into the next screen of 5 slots! So if the 49 gems button is in the third slot, you keep 3 gift slots. If the 49 gems button is in the fourth slot, you keep 2 gift slots. If the 49 gems button is in the deadly fifth slot, you just have to hold one gift slot.

It doesn't matter which gifts slot you hold, so at first you might save the jumpers, but then switch to the pants so that you can put out the 1000 jumpers you've been saving up so far. Those yellow handbags are good since you rarely get these and the number is so small (not to mention they're hideous looking) so they're almost not worth putting out for sale. You just need to remember not to put these gifts out, or if you accidentally do, be very very careful with your taps for that session.
    Bye Attachment 67493
    Dble12win & 24win streak! -No$Spent!
    DragonS LB trophies (1crystl,51gld,27s,4b) Attachment 67493
    FantasyS LB trophies! (45gld,7s,4b) Attachment 54914

Crystl Trophy Shoplist:
    350m coins,23m food,18 10x boost,13k gld

2314Gld+BoostBreedWkend+DmdTmpl=
    Valint,Achlls,Helios,CrwnJwl,Quasr,Dmd-PrsmX3,Angl,Gld,Mercry&Crusadr
    My Rainbow Attachment 36684

My FashionS boutiques!
    -Beach Esplanade Attachment 35793 @JustKay
    -Fashion First gym Attachment 35795
    -Made in Meiji-era okiya Attachment 35794 @KayJust

BlossomPicnicAttachment 35799
    Monster!Attachment 36956

Executive Chef
    I hate seeing the gifts in my slot section. Drives me nuts. I never use the gifts because they typically dont fit into my scheme.

What I do is start at the back, where the extra 49 gem slot is located and then work my way from the back, to the front. Havent touched that 49 gems yet. If i did id throw a huge fit and probably be too annoyed to play for a while.

Executive Chef
    These are some good tips.

Im gonna hate to see you go JustKay, if you quit playing.

I'm with orleansparish... I hate seeing those gifts in those slots and they throw off my count of how many items I am purchasing.
    Sometimes, you just gotta shake your head, so you won't pop off at the mouth.

#sometimesifeellikeanupdatelesschild

Not adding neighbors at this time. All requests will be declined.
    ❤️Love ya, IsisGarden (Fashion Story Moderator)
    Ft Support Help: Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com

Aw, it's been fun on this forum, but I've completed my vision for my gym and am almost done with my tea garden. I bought a whole bunch of items this christmas and vday in my main account but haven't been able to muster the motivation to scrap my current beach layout to put them out. After setting up three stores I don't think I'd have the patience to start a fourth. I do wish TL would implement that 2nd floor idea. It's a pretty simple way to make expansions infinite.
    Bye Attachment 67493
    Dble12win & 24win streak! -No$Spent!
    DragonS LB trophies (1crystl,51gld,27s,4b) Attachment 67493
    FantasyS LB trophies! (45gld,7s,4b) Attachment 54914

Crystl Trophy Shoplist:
    350m coins,23m food,18 10x boost,13k gld

2314Gld+BoostBreedWkend+DmdTmpl=
    Valint,Achlls,Helios,CrwnJwl,Quasr,Dmd-PrsmX3,Angl,Gld,Mercry&Crusadr
    My Rainbow Attachment 36684

My FashionS boutiques!
    -Beach Esplanade Attachment 35793 @JustKay
    -Fashion First gym Attachment 35795
    -Made in Meiji-era okiya Attachment 35794 @KayJust

BlossomPicnicAttachment 35799
    Monster!Attachment 36956

I'd miss you too if you quit. My hope is though that if you do quit you leave your stores setup and don't store everything. I'm your neighbor on all three stores and I love seeing how you have them arranged. Some people when they quit the game store everything and I've lost seeing some great boutiques that way. Have a great day.

Host(ess)
    I wish I had seen this earlier. I have purchased 2 slots on accident and was told by customer service that this is a permanent sale and they choose not to reverse it. Which in my catty and unkind opinion would make more sense if some sort of confirmation button popped up and said"Are you off your meds? You want to spend 49 gems on this?!
    After the second accidental slot purchase I started keeping the handbag gifts in my order queue so the extra slot feature would be hidden where I never see it. But I applaud you for writing this here to hopefully prevent new players from wasting their gems.
    Another thing I'm doing is as I get close to 49 gems, spending a few on a piece of decor to keep too few gems for a third slot.

Quote Originally Posted by joelynjellybean View Post
    I'd miss you too if you quit. My hope is though that if you do quit you leave your stores setup and don't store everything. I'm your neighbor on all three stores and I love seeing how you have them arranged. Some people when they quit the game store everything and I've lost seeing some great boutiques that way. Have a great day.
    Most definitely! I wouldn't dismantle what I've spent so much time composing. I will even tidy them up, sell off as much stock and store empty tables to that it looks absolutely perfect! Recently I had a really nice player post on each of my three walls after sending me an invite. She even said that she would still come to visit for inspiration even after I stopped playing! Even though I had stopped adding neighbours, I couldn't say no to that.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherjennifer View Post
    I wish I had seen this earlier. I have purchased 2 slots on accident and was told by customer service that this is a permanent sale and they choose not to reverse it. Which in my catty and unkind opinion would make more sense if some sort of confirmation button popped up and said"Are you off your meds? You want to spend 49 gems on this?!
    After the second accidental slot purchase I started keeping the handbag gifts in my order queue so the extra slot feature would be hidden where I never see it. But I applaud you for writing this here to hopefully prevent new players from wasting their gems.
    Another thing I'm doing is as I get close to 49 gems, spending a few on a piece of decor to keep too few gems for a third slot.
    Staying below 49 gems is a really good suggestion now that pricing has gone back to reasonable levels and TL no longer have LTO's every week! I remember for a long time I tried to keep around 50 gems available just in case TL released an LTO or sale that matched my theme, then I got a bit paranoid and decided I should keep around 100 gems just in case I accidentally hit the new slot button AND TL then released an expensive LTO I needed that week! >_<

Host(ess)
    E
    Quote Originally Posted by JustKay View Post
    Staying below 49 gems is a really good suggestion now that pricing has gone back to reasonable levels and TL no longer have LTO's every week! I remember for a long time I tried to keep around 50 gems available just in case TL released an LTO or sale that matched my theme, then I got a bit paranoid and decided I should keep around 100 gems just in case I accidentally hit the new slot button AND TL then released an expensive LTO I needed that week! >_<
    Lol ty I am glad to know others think these way '

I visited your Beach Esplanade some time ago I think it lovely the work and the story to it.

Executive Chef
    Many of us buy huge gems packages or save them up over a period of time for Black Friday or other Holliday sales. It would deplete a lot of their gems to keep them under a certain amount. I know I usually have 200/500 gems at any certain time. The last time I bought something by accident was a couple years ago, when I was on a lagging android. It was a hideous ice couch that was about 26 gems. I was able to hit the back button and the game had reset. Putting my gems back. I did this when I touched a box by accident too.

But it's always best to watch your slots and pay attention to the number. IF you don't want to start from the back. Which is really the easier way to avoid paying. I seriously need them to give us a sale on these slow prices. All the appliances really. It wouldn't hurt anything or change the economy of the game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast