Page 90 of 172 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 3/12/15 The Flower Frenzy Event!

Quote Originally Posted by NorthWoodsKingdom View Post
    Yeahhhhhhhh!...
    I'm joining my voice to the chorus of the masses! (Well, if you consider 2 people to be a "mass", lol)
    Where ARE those pretties?!

I truly thought we'd see a $4.99 or $7.99 (or more likely, $9.99, lol) packet show up yesterday for St. Pat's, offering maybe 50 white tiles, 10 rainbows and some of the dang elusive rose bouquet, lining that one path on the app pic.
    No such luck, I guess. Hmphf. :/
    Maybe tomorrow???
    Attachment 19232
    See...and I thought the paths we'd get would be those light-colored ones. I do like the fancy schmancy ones but where are the ones pictured???? As well as the rainbow???? And those darn elusive rose bushes from the non-wedding???

Now there's 3 of us questioning??? Lol

Here's my take on the event name: frenzy ⇒ our urgency in collecting the tulip(flower part of that name) Don't think the name has anything to do with rewards this time around.
    Last edited by meme1098; 03-18-15 at 10:49 AM.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Fashion Designer
    The filigree path tiles are useless as they only pattern match horizontally. Really disappointing!

Fashion Designer
    I would be shocked if the community prizes turn out to be more than decorations.

I do think TL would be publicizing it if that were the case. After all the complaints about the midsummer pyre event decorations, when the Halloween event started, TL announced how they heard our feedback and proceeded to list all the functional prizes. In my mind, no announcement means no drops from this event's prizes.

Also, I think that for the most part the hardest item to achieve is the 5th individual prize. If you really want to encourage gem speeding, you make that prize the best one - like the cauldron from Halloween. I don't think they'd make a community prize an awesome drop item while the 5th individual is decoration.

That said, I am kind of amazed that after all the negative feedback from pyre event that they'd create another decoration-only event

Quote Originally Posted by 55lee55 View Post
    Are we going to have an update as long as this event is running? I am not expecting one this week although it would be nice to have a quest book again.

Can someone explain to me why this is called a Floral Frenzy? Except for the token being a tulip there is not one flower related prize so far and in my experience with this the flowers don't drop at any better rates than crops and substantially less than conservatories, fairy flowerbeds and beastie battles. Why didn't they call it The Wedding Decos that You Never Got Because Sabina and Thurston Eloped While Building a Carriage Pulled by One Wedding Alicorn Frenzy?

At least that would have been a bit more reflective of the truth about the prizes.

I was really looking forward to some nice floral items, not wedding items that mean nothing to those who have not progressed far enough to understand the quickie wedding story, and has left a bad taste in my mouth about taking away my second Alicorn four days after I had her hitched to the carriage. At that point I resolved to store all non-producing items that would remind me of that unpleasant event. I had just about gotten over the worst of the trauma when I read the descriptions of the prizes in this event. Calling the wedding tower a pole has to be the height of laziness coming from the game's producers.

In past events, even when items sat in green slime or were way outsized for the kingdom it was obvious that some thought had gone into making a cohesive event that was related to the pre-event advertising and the prizes made sense. This seems even more absurd when someone went to the trouble of changing the log in screen by putting flowers all over it, contemporary with the requirement to upgrade not only the game itself but in my case it came across as mandatory to update my Apple iOS as well in order to play this Floral Frenzy Event. The flowers don't drop any more often than C*** or cabbage. Where are the Floral and where is the Frenzy?

I still see posts from people wondering why their flowers don't drop tulips! Most of my neighbors who don't read forums seem to at least want to believe that flowers are going to show up sometime. Why try to trick us? This is not a Floral Frenzy in anything but name and a screen change. It is all about wedding decorations! Why didn't they just say so?

Has anyone from Team Lava or Storm8 come to this forum and explained to us exactly why there are no flowers in Floral Frenzy? I haven't read all of the comments so maybe they did but from where I sit the TL/S8 Community Manager's presence is unusually scarce for this event. We are totally dependent upon the information that the Moderators can scrape up and doesn't this seem a bit odd given the history of the CM's taking over the forums during these events to make sure we don't stray from the narrow path and to constantly explain to us why this or that has to be the way it is for the economy in the game? Would it have been that difficult to make some nice non-wedding floral decorations if we were only getting non animated decorations? Some if not many of us who have reached Level 8 of the Castle Garden don't seem to be very happy with the looks of the frozen fountain. I would have been happier myself if they had lost the non-animated water and put some nice rose bushes in the center of the garden instead.

I for one would like to know what this means. I halfway expect the next update to be a yard sale and the announcement of Castle Syory 2, or worse,the retirement of this game now that they added the Wonderland game. I really wonder why apparently no effort has gone into this Event besides the big hype to get us to update the game to get the S8 logo in the game and I cannot see any reason why we were told we had to update our Apple iOS. There is nothing new in Castle Story Land and hasn't been in quite some time.

I feel sorry for the Mods right now because they have the unenviable unpaid job of somehow explaining the unexplainable.

Had TL/S8 been honest and up front about this being a wedding decoration event I would have found it easier to swallow. In my opinion the problem with this is not about the attractiveness of the decorations but that they are inappropriate for this event as advertised.

I would stop collecting at all from things that drop tulips until the conclusion of the event but that would not be fair to the Community, and a main force behind these World Events is the Community involvement. But I don't have to display the prizes in my Kingdom.

Any chance we can have a Floral Frenzy II with flowers, TL/S8, when this is over?
    Thanks for your feedback! The rewards from this event are not related to the previous wedding themed update. The prizes you receive from this event are flower related. Once you fully upgrade the Castle Garden, it becomes a beautiful garden with flowers added to them. The Wrought-Iron items all have flowers on them. So you're still getting floral themed items!

In the second post, there is a list of flowers that do drop Tulips for the event. Please keep in mind that you won't receive Tulips from every collection. Here's a list of flowers that will drop Tulips:

Flowers: Iceland Poppy Patch, Talinum Auranticum, White Trillium, Blue-Flower Penstemon, Rocket Larkspur, Red Trillium, Multi-Color Hedge, Faerie Flowerbed
    Storm8 Staff - PikaSquirrel
    Need help? Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com
    Got a new device? Transfer your games here!
    Have Facebook or Twitter? LIKE and FOLLOW us here!

Fashion Designer
    Pika can u tell us what if anything the garden will drop after this event? And it appears all items are decoration this event. Is that the case or will one of the items drop something like the cauldron ? Any answers would be appreciated. Thanks

Fashion Designer
    On another note, I'm very curious to see if we will get any additional quests tomorrow to earn tulips. We did get some during the midsummer pyre event but not the Halloween event, so I guess there's no guarantee.

I would love some optional quests to offload my maxed out piles of seeds, manure and boar pelts. ��

I don't really understand why the tea time goal of giving 120 milk doesn't reward you with flowers. I'm thinking that was just an oversight. The attention to detail on this event has been very uneven.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by dragon2046 View Post
    Pika can u tell us what if anything the garden will drop after this event? And it appears all items are decoration this event. Is that the case or will one of the items drop something like the cauldron ? Any answers would be appreciated. Thanks
    I was wondering about the drops, too, after the event is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously700 View Post
    On another note, I'm very curious to see if we will get any additional quests tomorrow to earn tulips. We did get some during the midsummer pyre event but not the Halloween event, so I guess there's no guarantee.

I would love some optional quests to offload my maxed out piles of seeds, manure and boar pelts. ��

I don't really understand why the tea time goal of giving 120 milk doesn't reward you with flowers. I'm thinking that was just an oversight. The attention to detail on this event has been very uneven.
    So no bundle of tulips after completion of the entire goal? Huh? Someone forgot, me thinks!
    Was this done by design??

Farm Supplier
    Just collected three tulips. My tulip number stayed the same. Not the first time they havent been added to my tulip count.
    "In this world there are only two tragedies. One is not getting what one wants and the other is getting it."

Queedom name: Devonia
    ID: camber16

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by PikaSquirrel View Post
    Thanks for your feedback! The rewards from this event are not related to the previous wedding themed update. The prizes you receive from this event are flower related. Once you fully upgrade the Castle Garden, it becomes a beautiful garden with flowers added to them. The Wrought-Iron items all have flowers on them. So you're still getting floral themed items!

In the second post, there is a list of flowers that do drop Tulips for the event. Please keep in mind that you won't receive Tulips from every collection. Here's a list of flowers that will drop Tulips:

Flowers: Iceland Poppy Patch, Talinum Auranticum, White Trillium, Blue-Flower Penstemon, Rocket Larkspur, Red Trillium, Multi-Color Hedge, Faerie Flowerbed
    Ok, I'm gonna ask the most obvious question......

Why does it say on the flip side of the storage icon that they "commemorate the wedding"???

And another obvious question.......why are ALL the rewards just decorations?
    Mary of The Reliquary, collector ov ancient electronic relics.
    ⚔ TEOTU Thuakie Coyote, Sword #24 ⚔

🌞🌹🌻from "that" part of CA Bay Area full of year round sunshine, surf, ancient redwoods and strawberries🌻🌹🌞

Quote Originally Posted by camber16 View Post
    Just collected three tulips. My tulip number stayed the same. Not the first time they havent been added to my tulip count.
    Did you make note of your tulip count before the tap? Once you tap it's instantly added, not when you collect.
    If that's the case, post in the Bugs thread so someone can see you're experiencing a problem with your tulip count.