Page 93 of 125 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 7/21 | An Orchestrated Occasion | timed event | EXPIRED

Quote Originally Posted by kdgulle View Post
    Then you'll have 2 days to finish 9 and 10. In 12 hours you will have 24 hours to complete 9. If you finish 9 early you'll have to wait for 10 to become available. Then have 24 hours to complete 10.
    Oh okay Thanks I thought ch 10 wouldn't start because it would be over by then lol. Thanks very much:-)

Sorry if this has been addressed but I'm on a 15 minute break and don't have time to page back through this thread more than the 12 or so pages I already have. What are the requirements for chapter 10? I refuse to gem ahead but I'd like to pull out of inventory any buildings etc. that I might need.

Rhino Keeper
    Hey everyone!

We've decided to adjust the values for the side goals so they match the requirements. The side goals do not have any effect on completion of the event, however they were causing confusion already and more so on top of yesterday's adjustments. Hopefully, fixing the discrepancy between the side goals and the new building requirements will address some of that - in the future, we'll be taking another look at how we handle side quests of this nature such that there's no concern about loss of materials but they also don't penalize you guys if you upgrade prior to finishing the side quest

Thanks everyone for your continued feedback! Keep it coming, it really helps us get an accurate idea of y'alls experience

Hope you enjoy the rest of the event!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by PikaSquirrel View Post
    The side Goals do not remove any items.

The side Goals only keep track of how many of that item you have collected, not have at the moment. For example, if you collect 5 Sheet Music, the task will show 5/10 Sheet Music. If you use the 5, you have 0 in your inventory, but the Goal progress will still show that you have collected 5/10 still. If you collect another one, you have 1 in your inventory now but your Goal progress will show 6/10 collected. Once you have collected 4 more, the task will complete with 10/10 collected, but you have 5 in your inventory.

So it may look like you had more and you lost them, but the number in the task does not represent how many you have in your inventory. I've forwarded this feedback to the game team so they're aware of this for future events.
    thank you for answer..
    the side goal's way of counting is quite confusing and misleading during moments of panic racing.
    surely I do suggest it's better not seeing them that way, as logically reading, seems, what side goal counts does not correspond to inventory which is our reality.
    still believe though that the sidegoal board does some tricky stuff when it auto completes towards the game, but thank you for advising game team for future events.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by sourp4tch View Post
    Hey everyone!

We've decided to adjust the values for the side goals so they match the requirements. The side goals do not have any effect on completion of the event, however they were causing confusion already and more so on top of yesterday's adjustments. Hopefully, fixing the discrepancy between the side goals and the new building requirements will address some of that - in the future, we'll be taking another look at how we handle side quests of this nature such that there's no concern about loss of materials but they also don't penalize you guys if you upgrade prior to finishing the side quest

Thanks everyone for your continued feedback! Keep it coming, it really helps us get an accurate idea of y'alls experience

Hope you enjoy the rest of the event!
    Thanks! FWIW, I do like having the side goals as a reference for keeping track of the requirements for upgrading. It beats the "in-and-out-of-storage" method. Plus, the extra energy is always a welcome bonus!

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by sunflower617 View Post
    Sorry if this has been addressed but I'm on a 15 minute break and don't have time to page back through this thread more than the 12 or so pages I already have. What are the requirements for chapter 10? I refuse to gem ahead but I'd like to pull out of inventory any buildings etc. that I might need.
    The goals are listed on he first post of the thread:

Chapter 10: text from top of screen

Chapter 10:
    Goal 1
    Goal 2
    Goal 3 Collect from the Festival Grounds Level 10 (Upgrade the Festive Grounds to level 10) | 15 sheet music, 30 lutes, 20 bows, 25 festival tickets
    Goal 1 - Visit Community Kingdoms (0/20) (spread the word)
    Goal 2 - Collect from a Theatre - Level 5 (0/1) (Brush up on your music knowledge) Goal prize - 25 Festival Tickets
    Link to Building Guide for info on upgrading a theatre

Only level 30+ players will be asked to collect from the Theater. If you are below 30, you, you won't be required to collect from that building and will need to collect from a level 5 Conservatory (min level 13).

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by sunflower617 View Post
    hurry and look at FIRST page of forum.. all requirements are stored there, Chapter10 too.

Quote Originally Posted by M2013C View Post
    I just collected from the string quartet and did I got a string.......no.
    Yeah, I have runs of bad luck sometimes too
    Someone earlier posted that maybe an option of 0-4 isn't the best idea. They gave an example of being on break at work and that being their only chance to check the game and receiving 0 of the item needed was frustrating.
    I have gotten many drops from the max number in the range (3 of 3 possible ink, 4 or 4 possible bows). With no proof to back myself up, I want to say though it all averages out. However, I have all day free to collect as I like.

Like chopping rocks for worms, I think every tap should yield an item. A lot of people have limited time to play. Instead of dropping 0-4, I think it just should have been 1-3. Other events have had item drops as a chance of 0, and everytime someone is on the forums asking if this was right. I think they can save a lot of hassle by just making things with a minimum 1 drop chance. The Library's 1-7 rate is even better ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by sourp4tch View Post
    We've decided to adjust the values for the side goals so they match the requirements.
    Thank you btw, it's nice to get everything cleared out of the book on time
    How many frogs does it take to screw in a light bulb?
    One frog and 37 light bulbs, slippery hands, ya know.

Can't remember? Guidelines from The Hub on: Tree Types, Growing Animals, and Beast Spawns & Drops!
    Stuck on a particular goal? Fantastic resource -> A-Z Goal List <-Try here (ty Dabag!)

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by Solientus View Post
    Speaking of energy, I couldn't think of when a good time to bring this up but now's as good as any.

Although this event didn't need it, whatever red and purple petals I have - I've been using to try and stock up on Floral Glow (craftable in the Greenhouse) so I'll be ready to craft Energy for the next event. For anyone who's never made this or has forgotten, the final product Faerie Elixir (+20 Energy) is added to your energy to use right away, so only craft the mats...not the final product.

Floral Glow Requirements: 5 Red
    Petals, 5 Purple Petals, 5 Glimmerdust
    Vital Extract Requirements: 5 Piles of Seed, 15 Mushroom, 3 Living Wood
    Faerie Elixir Requirements: 10 Floral Glow, 4 Vital Extract, 20 Water
    I make a lot Faerie Elixir. It's a shame we can't use it IRL on ourselves. ;-)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkEquinox View Post
    Thanks for the clarification. I love multi drop items and always need sugar and strawberries
    Yay!! Ditto here. Sometimes, the littlest things make us so happy...