Page 29 of 121 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 08/07/15 Update World Event: Midsummer Pyre Festival

Executive Chef
    . We should not lose out on the rewards if we are maxed,,, there was nothing I could do ,,,, I was maxed on both blocks.. So I could not make some to make room for the reward,,,. the 450 level... And the level where I can win wisp lanterns I'm am maxed,,, and all my land open... So this is not good for higher players that's max on so many items,,I'm so disappointed ,,

Executive Chef
    Yeah I'm not too crazy about the prizes in this event either. Also maxed on lanterns, blocks, etc. Can we at least get expansions concurrent to anything that rewards lanterns? Or the programming could lift the inventory limit for any awarded prizes. I still have the large treasure trove from the recent event that I won't open because I'm maxed on a number of those objects. What would I be excited about if it were a prize? Some kind of animal or building that drops chocolate/sundaes/cakes. The new fairy adventure (in addition to desert sands) is making chocolate items a huge chore.

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by jim23cash View Post
    I am really enjoying this first CS Community Adventure. Since there is such a strong community for this game, I thought the community event would be popular. Seems instead like a lot of people are freaking out. We have had multiple events like this in Dragon Story, and during the first event, there was a lot of chaos in the community. Once we started communicating with each other, figuring things out, and offering tips to each other, eventually we settled in and worked at it. TL also paid attention, and with the 2nd event, made little tweaks and changes to make it better. For the most recent event, they made more changes based on suggestions from previous event threads. So why don't we try making some positive suggestions about what we would like (for example, useful prizes, not just decor.) and some constructive input about what we don't like (For example, lime green snot, which BTW, the developers have already said that they are working on that issue). I know that CS players are passionate about the game, but if we can try to funnel that passion into creativity about things we would like to see, it would be really awesome.
    Sometimes I feel sorry for the developers, because in our passion, we don't always say things constructively. These games are very important to me. Some people think that's silly, but I am disabled, and this is my biggest connection to the outside world. Community events can be amazing, because you can form new friendships in your community.
    I hope we can all enjoy this event as much as possible, and offer input in a more constructive, positive way.
    I know how much love this community can have for the developers (Woo hoo! thread), so lets try to remember that love, and that they are beings with feelings,too. If we don't like something, we can let them know in safe, creative(?) fun way, or a more mature way, but please not in such hurtful, mean or negative ways. Lets put the positive power of people working together towards making these goals and enjoying the adventure. Mwah! <3 Annie
    Thank you - Well said, and oh so true...

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by jim23cash View Post
    I am really enjoying this first CS Community Adventure. Since there is such a strong community for this game, I thought the community event would be popular. Seems instead like a lot of people are freaking out. We have had multiple events like this in Dragon Story, and during the first event, there was a lot of chaos in the community. Once we started communicating with each other, figuring things out, and offering tips to each other, eventually we settled in and worked at it. TL also paid attention, and with the 2nd event, made little tweaks and changes to make it better. For the most recent event, they made more changes based on suggestions from previous event threads. So why don't we try making some positive suggestions about what we would like (for example, useful prizes, not just decor.) and some constructive input about what we don't like (For example, lime green snot, which BTW, the developers have already said that they are working on that issue). I know that CS players are passionate about the game, but if we can try to funnel that passion into creativity about things we would like to see, it would be really awesome.
    Sometimes I feel sorry for the developers, because in our passion, we don't always say things constructively. These games are very important to me. Some people think that's silly, but I am disabled, and this is my biggest connection to the outside world. Community events can be amazing, because you can form new friendships in your community.
    I hope we can all enjoy this event as much as possible, and offer input in a more constructive, positive way.
    I know how much love this community can have for the developers (Woo hoo! thread), so lets try to remember that love, and that they are beings with feelings,too. If we don't like something, we can let them know in safe, creative(?) fun way, or a more mature way, but please not in such hurtful, mean or negative ways. Lets put the positive power of people working together towards making these goals and enjoying the adventure. Mwah! <3 Annie
    Well said Annie!

Quote Originally Posted by katbtodd View Post
    . We should not lose out on the rewards if we are maxed,,, there was nothing I could do ,,,, I was maxed on both blocks.. So I could not make some to make room for the reward,,,. the 450 level... And the level where I can win wisp lanterns I'm am maxed,,, and all my land open... So this is not good for higher players that's max on so many items,,I'm so disappointed ,,
    Quote Originally Posted by rosewaterlily View Post
    Yeah I'm not too crazy about the prizes in this event either. Also maxed on lanterns, blocks, etc. Can we at least get expansions concurrent to anything that rewards lanterns? Or the programming could lift the inventory limit for any awarded prizes. I still have the large treasure trove from the recent event that I won't open because I'm maxed on a number of those objects. What would I be excited about if it were a prize? Some kind of animal or building that drops chocolate/sundaes/cakes. The new fairy adventure (in addition to desert sands) is making chocolate items a huge chore.
    Well, it sucks that the items don't collect if you're maxed but I don't feel like it's the end of the world. I mean...you already have 99 of those things so why fret over a couple more?

I second the idea of a sweet shop building that drops treats!
    Back after ~2 years off from games.

CS: Level 50. FFS: Level 136, with room to grow. Not playing DS anymore.

Executive Chef
    Yes, I'm sure a lot of higher level players are maxed out on those items. I am as well.
    TL, how about offering some of the new Faerie beams and blocks as prizes? Or something else new, like things we might need for the Plume Hive event? Many higher level players have maxed out on as many craftable items they can, just for something to do between adventures. I think the energy crates and pretty "prize boxes" like the ones we have gotten previously are awesome. Something like that would be great. Thanks,
    I am not adding any neighbors at this time.
    Thanks & Have a great day! Annie

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by rosewaterlily View Post
    Exactly the same here , Maxed out on almost everything except what need to be cooked in the kitchen for adventures, and yes I did not crack open my Large Treasure Trove though am not maxed but waiting to really really need it.
    I don't have space for new decorations, most of what I already got are in storage.
    Wish the Already existing buildings that give food would give the sweet feast and chocolate cake as well.
    Another Idea, the Royal trade should also give these and the other new recipes in the kitchen, not only the old ones - For the same amount of dairy and meat provided originally-
    Since TL changed the energy requirements in The Royal trade ( Strawberry / Glimmerbulbs) I did not even bother with it.
    I always use the Fish - Roast and Bacon for energy.
    I do not want new buildings ( or cartoonish tents) why not make the old ones drop items?!
    Last edited by Liloze; 08-08-14 at 01:24 PM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by forkyfork99 View Post
    Actually I can confirm that Dark Cave formations DO work. At least for me. Remember not every chop will get you sun stone.s
    Didn't work for me.. All 10 chop not one sun stone..

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by hugpete View Post
    Well said Annie!

Well, it sucks that the items don't collect if you're maxed but I don't feel like it's the end of the world. I mean...you already have 99 of those things so why fret over a couple more?

I second the idea of a sweet shop building that drops treats!
    I am sure that you need ENERGY to collect Sun stones to get a prize which, at the end of the day, who is maxed out on, won't get!
    In short 'wasted energy', we could have used for something else! more practical !
    Last edited by Liloze; 08-08-14 at 12:50 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    I really love events in these games! They make the game so fun, so thank you TL for continuing to put them on!! The last one like this I did was in FS2, and the grand prize was a cute little cat that walks around your farm. I worked SO HARD on that event to get the cat!!! It was crazy, but I really wanted it! I think that's the kind of prize that is missing here, like others have said, something that actually does something, not just decorations. And I too am maxed on lanterns and wisps.. I will play like normal to try to get prizes, but nothing crazy like FS2 :P

Executive Chef
    For anyone else who likes to see it all in one place, I collected this info from a variety of posts - thanks to those who shared:

Pyre Tent
    Level 1: 50 wood, 50 stones, 3 simple glues, 500 coins
    Level 2: 2 wood beams, 2 stone blocks, 2 simple glues, 1 flame flag
    Level 3: 3 wood beams, 3 stone blocks, 3 purple dyes, 1 flame flag
    Level 4: 2 fancy beams, 2 red dyes, 3 flame flags, 1 brazier
    Level 5: 3 fancy beams, 2 super glues, 5 flame flags, 2 braziers
    Level 6: 4 fancy beams, 3 purple dyes, 10 flame flags, 3 braziers
    Level 7: 6 fancy beams, 20 wool, 40 flame flags, 10 braziers
    Is level 7 the cap? If not, I'll add to this psot as posted.

Flame Flags and Braziers are drops from the Pyre Tent only, and do NOT drop every time. But the prize for collecting 450 sun stones is 10 Flame Flags to help you along.