Page 31 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 09/24: An Elemental Discovery (main story) | goals on page 1

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by are1000 View Post
    26 is the total number of wind chimes needed for parts 1,2 and 3? Or just for parts 2 and 3?
    on SC's Chart the total wind chimes for all 3 parts is 26, 27 if you wanted an extra.
    I know you can make the chimes in all parts. That was just my personal goal.

Sorry if the tone sounds rude, I assure you I do not intend it to be anything but concise. Sometimes text can be misunderstood pretty easily and after I reread it I wanted to let you know that.
    Hope you weren't offended.
    Last edited by riverly; 09-28-20 at 09:07 PM.

Executive Chef
    Did anyone else have problems collecting their Owl? I completed Part 1, and saw the Owl pop up to be placed, and then my game auto closed. Now my owl is gone...not in my inventory or on my board. I have hard closed twice.
    I've logged a ticket with S8, but just wondered if this was a known issue.

Farm Supplier
    Had no problem placing my owl. But the game didnt reset.
    So far it gave Earth Wisp, Wisp Laterns and other small stuff.

I will now wait until my allicorns are ready again in order to continue so I can get as much poisoned wood as possible.
    And also in order to collect other resources as mithril, silver ore and so on. Will prepare Wind Chimes as well.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by hagypagy View Post
    The reason I suggest you start Part II sooner is so you can start collecting Poisoned Wood sooner.
    It has a really low drop rate.
    Getting ahead on the Ivy?s Antidote won?t really help.
    (It?s very low energy consumption - but long timers)

Also we still have four more days before the next event.
    I?d use this time and energy to start collecting Poisoned Wood before we have an event running.

Hope this helps.
    I understand what you mean, but I think this is a unique opportunity (leaving the tea uncollected, and therefore not closing Part 1, while still collecting your timed prize and still being able to craft windchimes and collect resources) of having infinite time to prepare for a timed goal (one we might not get again).

Collecting Poisoned wood and collecting Poisoned Maps (and making them into windchimes) is energy intensive.
    When other events begin, I need all my energy to focus on these new events.
    I'm gonna craft all Windchimes for Part 2 + Part 3 (18 in total) and collect the extra Poisoned Maps for both Parts (need to do some calculating how many extra you need).
    This is gonna keep me busy for quite some time, but there is no rush.
    Once this is prepared I can start Part 2 and I only have to focus on Poisoned Wood and crafting Water Compasses. I'll have a much bigger chance of getting the timed reward.

But I think there is no right way, just do what you feel comfortable with.
    I always like to be prepared, so if I can avoid stress this way, I'll take it.

Edit, If my calculations are correct we need 314 Poisoned Maps for Part 2 and 3 (aside from those we need for Wind Chimes)

My calculation : We need 18 Windchimes for part 2+3. That is 18 (windchimes) x 12 (poisoned maps) = 216 Poisoned Maps
    ShibuyaCloth info shows we need 530 Poisoned Maps in total for part 2 (190) and 3 (340) together.
    530 (total Poisoned maps needed) - 216 (needed for crafting the 18 windchimes) = 314

So if you want to be optimally prepared before starting Part 2, you could craft 18 Windchimes and collect 314 Poisoned Maps! (while you keep collecting from Ivy of course)
    (it is gonna require some patience )

Edit 2 , You can only have 99 Poisoned Maps, so if you want to be optimally prepared, the most you can do in advance is craft 18 Windchimes and collect 99 Poisoned Maps Sorry I'm just now thinking of it..
    Last edited by RonjaR82; 09-29-20 at 01:52 AM.

Executive Chef
    Oh I completely forgot about the Windchimes. *slaphead*
    I smashed them out whilst looking for the Ivy’s Antidotes for Monsoona.
    hahaha
    Ignore my suggestions to start sooner then!
    I’ll go back and amend my previous posts.

Rhino Keeper
    My first collection from the owl gave me an expansion permit! Woohooo!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by newzealander View Post
    Did anyone else have problems collecting their Owl? I completed Part 1, and saw the Owl pop up to be placed, and then my game auto closed. Now my owl is gone...not in my inventory or on my board. I have hard closed twice.
    I've logged a ticket with S8, but just wondered if this was a known issue.
    No problem for me, good luck getting your owl. : )
    Not accepting neighbors. Sorry. Gratitude for all forum contributors and leaders. This game would be unplayable without you.

Rhino Keeper

Poisoned Wood Source Comparison

I have been watching a TV program where lab geeks do loads of experiments, so it got me in the mood. I also didn't do much for the last MH, so have loads of energy to hand. So, I got started on part 2, rolled up my PJ sleeves and got choppin'. : )

Method: chop loads and loads of stuff. : D

Energy Resources: 10 willows (150 energy incl the 5 to grow them) and 30 each of poisoned tree, toxified tree, and toxic stump. Total energy used: 600

RESULTS!
    Willows: 27 poisoned wood (From 10 trees, 150 energy)
    Toxified Tree: 16 PW (from 30 of the guys, also 150 energy)
    Toxified stump: 21 PW (same 30 and 150)
    Poisoned Tree: 15 PW (same 30 items and 150 energy)

There is a cap of 99 on the PW. Experiment was paused to make water compasses.

Conclusion:

If you have more patience than I do, the willows are, as others have posted, the best source: ONLY for regular play outside of weekday warrior! Since WW energy is free, may as well use less efficient sources to chop. If you want willows, as someone else has wisely posted, getting them on the board but not (fully) watered will save you energy (two per tree if you are REALLY organised) : )

For WW poisoned wood, it's most energy and space saving to set up orchards of toxified stumps, esp if you are on an iOS device and can quick collect.

Additional note: no animals were displaced or rescued from the polluted environments during this experiment (no spawns from the toxic and poisoned stuff) : )

Personal Summary conclusion of researcher: She is going for stumps as babysitting willows and the space they take up are not desirable.

Written by Dr Realmdowell, peer reviewed by Dr Fangbeast, Wizard Thomas and Witch Ivy. Witch Belladona said she was interested in doing a repeat experiment and is seeking funding.

Conflict of interest declaration: Dr Realmdowell is biased for fun, but has not received any funding from the Save the Willows Lobby, the Toxified Stump Foundation or the Poisoned Map Corporation. Energy funding has been supplemented by long term support from the Elven Realm via rainbow alicorn gifts.

: D
    Last edited by newyear5780; 09-29-20 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Typo, and take out name of tv program
    Not accepting neighbors. Sorry. Gratitude for all forum contributors and leaders. This game would be unplayable without you.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by newyear5780 View Post
    Conclusion:

If you have more patience than I do, the willows are, as others have posted, the best source: ONLY for regular play outside of weekday warrior! Since WW energy is free, may as well use less efficient sources to chop. If you want willows, as someone else has wisely posted, getting them on the board but not (fully) watered will save you energy (two per tree if you are REALLY organised) : )
    Thank you so much for sharing your experiment results newyear! (and doing the experiment in the first place! )
    I'll definitely do the Willow Trees, when I start Part 2.

Rhino Keeper
    : D

Have also taken the risk of starting the 7 day air building craft. That way it will be ready by the time I get through the water compasses.

Will let you know how it goes. : )