Page 22 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Event: The Alaskan Catering Cruise!

Fashion Designer
    Day 6: 300 gems

1 coin = 6 gems
    2 coins = 18 gems
    3 coins = 42 gems
    4 coins = 72 gems
    Return the Squash Lover Stove

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by rynetory2 View Post
    Has anyone completed any event by not stacking food and not using gems? Ie cooking when the order comes? Any good advise for a newbie?
    I have never completed an event prior to learning about stacking. Always missed on the last two days. Once I learned about the stacking, coin dish worth and slowing customers I finally finished an event. I'm really upset that some of us are at such a disadvantage while others are not. It should be a even playing field. It's just not fair.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by ghjvcucjb View Post
    I have never completed an event prior to learning about stacking. Always missed on the last two days. Once I learned about the stacking, coin dish worth and slowing customers I finally finished an event. I'm really upset that some of us are at such a disadvantage while others are not. It should be a even playing field. It's just not fair.
    I just started playing rs2, kinda giving it another try. I didn't like it when it first launched, so I started again recently and still not sure. Anyways it's my first event. I just open seafood shop yesterday and pantry is still small. So far I'm struggling every day, I doubt I can make it at all to the end. It seems it's easy only if you have a bottomless pantry and expanded all shops to max quantity and at higher level. IMHO these events aren't meant for lower levels or others like myself who is struggling despite playing for many hours. I guess it's just not fair like you said.

Executive Chef
    Has anyone completed any event by not stacking food and not using gems? Ie cooking when the order comes? Any good advise for a newbie?
    I've never completed an event without stacking food, but there's a few things I've had to do this time round which seem to be working so far.

• Ditch basic ingredients - I've cleared my pantry of all chicken, tuna, seaweed, cream, sugar, and even garlic, basil, ginger and vanilla. I can use this pantry space to stock up on much needed ingredients with long refresh times like mushrooms, peas, salmon and the likes. I only buy back those basics when they are needed.
    • Constant refreshing - If I think a dish isn't worth the coins, I refresh straight away! Some recipes use up ingredients that you want to stock up on like peppers, mushrooms, salmon, lobster to name a few. I just got a 2 coin order for stuffed peppers, which would use up 6 peppers. For just 2 coins (18 gems)?! Refresh.
    • Use the street market as much as possible - Inbetween visiting neighbours or waiting for a new ship order, I will check the street market every 10 minutes, again looking for those ingredients with long refresh times. Although the costs can be high sometimes, shelling out 500 coins for some lobster can help you get that tomato bisque worth 4 coins cooking a good 10 hours earlier.
    • Only cook what the ship requests - You don't want waste your ingredients in dishes that have no purpose. During the event, your main focus (if it was) is no longer to make money or keep counters full. If you want your counters full, by all means, turn your chairs/block the doors or however you want to do it. During these events though, even more so now we can't use counters to our advantage, I only cook what I'm asked to.
    • Save 4 coin dishes! - Once I get at least past the halfway mark, I keep my eyes peeled for those 4 coin orders. You can begin working on them, cooking the dish or collecting the requested item, but we won't be sending them off to the ship just yet! Try to finish the rest of the day using the other 2-3 slots (depending on if you've bought the extra slot). If another 4 coin order appears, do the same! Then you'll have only 1 or 2 slots left to finish the day with. Doing this will guarantee you at least one 4 coin order ready to send off to the ship the next day. Who doesn't like a head start? Remember, only try this if your day has a few gems left to finish (I start this around the 100-75 gem mark) as you'll have less slots to work with.

I really hope these little tips can help anyone struggling. I'd hate to see someone not get through this because of a mistake on S8's part. Of course everyone's strategies are different, this is just how I've got through the last 5 days. Best of luck
    Last edited by LonePudding; 08-25-15 at 09:16 PM.
    | FFS ~ Level 101 || RS2 ~ Level 44 || BS2 ~ Level 26 |

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by LonePudding View Post
    I've never completed an event without stacking food, but there's a few things I've had to do this time round which seem to be working so far.

• Ditch basic ingredients - I've cleared my pantry of all chicken, tuna, seaweed, cream, sugar, and even garlic, basil, ginger and vanilla. I can use this pantry space to stock up on much needed ingredients with long refresh times like mushrooms, peas, salmon and the likes. I only buy those ingredients when they are needed.
    • Constant refreshing - If I think a dish isn't worth the coins, I refresh straight away! Some recipes use up ingredients that you want to stock up on like peppers, mushrooms, salmon, lobster to name a few. I just got a 2 coin order for stuffed peppers, which would use up 6 peppers. For just 2 coins (18 gems)?! Refresh.
    • Use the street market as much as possible - Inbetween visiting neighbours or waiting for a new ship order, I will check the street market every 10 minutes, again looking for those ingredients with long refresh times. Although the costs can be high sometimes, shelling out 500 coins for some lobster can help you get that tomato bisque worth 4 coins cooking a good 10 hours earlier.
    • Only cook what the ship requests - You don't want waste your ingredients in dishes that have no purpose. During the event, your main focus (if it was) is no longer to make money or keep counters full. If you want your counters full, by all means, turn your chairs/block the doors or however you want to do it. During these events though, even more so now we can't use counters to our advantage, I only cook what I'm asked to.

I really hope these little tips can help anyone struggling. I'd hate to see someone not get through this because of a mistake on S8's part. Of course everyone's strategies are different, this is just how I've got through the last 5 days. Best of luck
    Thank you LonePudding. Your advises are very helpful esp for newbie like myself. I ditched all basics, keeping only things that take more than 5hrs like peppers potatoes. I refresh all the time mainly cos of seafood dishes, I just open seafood yesterday so haven't learn those dishes yet. Umm no market street atm. And definitely cooking and using the ingredients when required. I guess I am struggling cos my pantry and shops aren't at max size yet. It takes days just to collect 10 peppers.. I guess maybe tl is discouraging lower level players like myself from events. Maybe they like us to gem thru it. Idk. So far I'm swimming upstream to Alaska. Lol

Executive Chef
    Thank you LonePudding. Your advises are very helpful esp for newbie like myself. I ditched all basics, keeping only things that take more than 5hrs like peppers potatoes. I refresh all the time mainly cos of seafood dishes, I just open seafood yesterday so haven't learn those dishes yet. Umm no market street atm. And definitely cooking and using the ingredients when required. I guess I am struggling cos my pantry and shops aren't at max size yet. It takes days just to collect 10 peppers.. I guess maybe tl is discouraging lower level players like myself from events. Maybe they like us to gem thru it. Idk. So far I'm swimming upstream to Alaska. Lol
    You're welcome I managed to win my first catering event around level 28 (the Egyptian Escapade), and I wouldn't have been able to complete it without my game glued to my hands! I was literally playing every minute! They really do make it difficult for those of us just starting out When the event is over, focus on upgrading your pantry, vegetable and seafood shops. They'll be a big help in the future

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by LonePudding View Post
    You're welcome I managed to win my first catering event around level 28 (the Egyptian Escapade), and I wouldn't have been able to complete it without my game glued to my hands! I was literally playing every minute! They really do make it difficult for those of us just starting out When the event is over, focus on upgrading your pantry, vegetable and seafood shops. They'll be a big help in the future
    For sure I will focus on those you mentioned after this. If I survive lol. Many thanks for your advise, much appreciated.

Good luck to all.

Rhino Keeper
    I am playing without refreshing nor stacking, plus was at my grandma's funeral for the past week and will be busy till after the cruise ends. So far I'm still doing well!

Host(ess)
    I started stacking ingredients soon after the Bon festival and that has helped sooo much. Any ingredient I know takes more than 2hrs I stack everything else can be used as needed. No cooking outside of cruise request until the event is over. Use up any spices that's taking up space. If any request asks for a recipe I need to master I use my mastery spice on the second round of cooking it as the first one goes straight to the ship so just in case it doesn't count.

Same as lonepud any thing that is not worth cooking from the cruise request gets refreshed especially if the ingrediants take long to restock. 4 coined recipes I always make sure I have enough ingredients to make the two batches. I check the market to see if the ingredients for the second batch are there, then I start the first batch and buy from the market.

Also what's helped me once I'm almost complete for the day I do most of the 1 coin and 2 coin recipes to finish but before I do I make sure at least one or two of the remaining recipes waiting is a 4 coin recipe ready for the next day and I have the first batch cooking. Or if it's a 4 coin request for eg peppers I make sure I have 7 and by the next day I collect the other 3 and that 4 coins ready to go immediately. Not sure I'm explaining very well. That has helped a lot!

Executive Chef
    Those are great tips! I just finished day 6 leaving 2 4 coin orders and a 3 coin order. French dip, tuna casserole and 10 broccoli. I have two French dips cooking and two casseroles cooking, with the next batch of 4 vegetables completing the brocolli order. At the beginning of this event I bought my 2nd commercial oven, it's been a great help!