Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Egyptian Cruise Catering Event

Farm Supplier
    Does anyone actually know what the coin count per day is? The whole thing about the gems is confusing to me. For instance, today, I have 40 gems to pay to "finish it now" for today but the whole thing about the gems really makes no sense. Is that like I need 8-1 coin dishes to equal that? Two four coin dishes is more than what is needed. Is there a count to know so I'm not wasting coins?

Does this make sense?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirrawynne View Post
    Does anyone actually know what the coin count per day is? The whole thing about the gems is confusing to me. For instance, today, I have 40 gems to pay to "finish it now" for today but the whole thing about the gems really makes no sense. Is that like I need 8-1 coin dishes to equal that? Two four coin dishes is more than what is needed. Is there a count to know so I'm not wasting coins?

Does this make sense?
    The gem-to-coin amount changes from day to day and is also different for dishes of different coin value. So to answer your question, no, it's not possible to tell you how many coins each day is worth.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirrawynne View Post

Does this make sense?
    The importance of reading through posts on threads like these cannot be stressed enough. Yes it is time consuming but it really is worth the time.

In your situation if you are on day 9 you would need maybe eight 1 coin deliveries

Or you could just complete it with maybe two 2 coin deliveries and two 1 coin dishes.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post

In the image above, the antipasto platter delivery is worth 3 coins which will take the gems down by 35.
    The Greek salad is worth 2 coins when delivered so will take the gems down by 15.
    So once I have completed both those deliveries, all I will need to complete day six are two deliveries worth 1 coin (5 gems) each. I can then, before making the last delivery to the ship for the day try to set up the other two orders (by refreshing them) so that I have two 4 coin deliveries waiting overnight. I can then try to work on having them ready and waiting to deliver when day 7 unlocks for me tomorrow. This saves me time and effort in the long run.
    If you look at the first post of this thread you will see the different amounts "to finish now" for each day. Once you know the gem amount "to finish now" you can figure out how many coins/deliveries you will need to make per day. Today the gem number needed to finish is :

Quote Originally Posted by infinitelove19 View Post
    Day 9: 500 gems

4 coins = 67/68 gems
    3 coins = 38/39 gems
    2 coins = 16/17 gems
    1 coin = 5/6 gems

Fashion Designer
    I am at a high level, with my shops pretty well upgraded and a fair amount of some dishes on my counters, so I have given myself the challenge of doing every single thing that comes up - NO refreshing for a new order.
    Just to update y'all on my "no refreshing" journey. I made it to the end of day eight, but on day 9 when Ratatouille popped up, and would have taken me 6 hours to make two batches, I decided it wasn't worth it and refreshed it. Also refreshed onion soup. Might try "no refreshes" for day 10... at least there is the advantage that even if two slots give me somethng I can make quickly, I can just ignore the third item and it'll disappear when the event is done. A little tempted to start day 10 early.... Hope you are all doing well. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by ellyse99 View Post
    Tried to look at your restaurant and got one at level 2...???
    Might be a burner account, I know this one is. I don't like that they use our account name (which is used to log into our acct) to post, so everyone can see them. Idk, jsut my paranoia? But this is my second acct and I never post on my main one, though it is named fat bear too!

I know some people also don't like the spammy invites that can come from frequent posting. Since your ID is right there... So it protects from that too.
    Last edited by fatbearsecondary; 06-13-15 at 02:55 PM.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    The importance of reading through posts on threads like these cannot be stressed enough. Yes it is time consuming but it really is worth the time.

In your situation if you are on day 9 you would need maybe eight 1 coin deliveries

Or you could just complete it with maybe two 2 coin deliveries and two 1 coin dishes.

If you look at the first post of this thread you will see the different amounts "to finish now" for each day. Once you know the gem amount "to finish now" you can figure out how many coins/deliveries you will need to make per day. Today the gem number needed to finish is :
    Thank you for clarifying this. I have read all the posts in the thread but I guess I'm just not too bright because the gem thing wasn't making sense to me in terms of how many coins I needed. I understand a bit better now. Thank you.

Rhino Keeper
    Just to update y'all on my "no refreshing" journey. I made it to the end of day eight, but on day 9 when Ratatouille popped up, and would have taken me 6 hours to make two batches, I decided it wasn't worth it and refreshed it. Also refreshed onion soup. Might try "no refreshes" for day 10... at least there is the advantage that even if two slots give me somethng I can make quickly, I can just ignore the third item and it'll disappear when the event is done. A little tempted to start day 10 early.... Hope you are all doing well. :-)
    You inspired me... I don't think I've refreshed anything other than Lobster Bisque, Coq Au Vin and Tuna Casserole - I have thousands of these but I use the 3-hour spice on them so it's a waste to give to the cruise. Also refreshed Strawberry Shortcake once, as I'd just started cooking Coq Au Vin (no, I don't stop my normal cooking) and didn't feel like waiting.
    I feel proud of myself... I didn't refresh when the cruise asked for 10 peppers as well as 1.5 batches of Ratatouille!
    P.S. Add another goal for the next time... No buying from street market as well?

Executive Chef
    I was beginning to wonder how you'd keep that up throughout the whole event. I know for sure I'd never make it without my frequent refreshes! Ellyse also mentioned, as another challenge, no buying from the street market. I couldn't ever make it without my street market either!! Especially when I need those peas, mushrooms and onions!
    | FFS ~ Level 101 || RS2 ~ Level 44 || BS2 ~ Level 26 |

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by ellyse99 View Post
    You inspired me... I don't think I've refreshed anything other than Lobster Bisque, Coq Au Vin and Tuna Casserole - I have thousands of these but I use the 3-hour spice on them so it's a waste to give to the cruise. Also refreshed Strawberry Shortcake once, as I'd just started cooking Coq Au Vin (no, I don't stop my normal cooking) and didn't feel like waiting.
    I feel proud of myself... I didn't refresh when the cruise asked for 10 peppers as well as 1.5 batches of Ratatouille!
    P.S. Add another goal for the next time... No buying from street market as well?
    Hmm... no buying from the street market...? I see onions being the biggest problem in combination with no refreshes. At least I seemed to have everything onion coming up & definitely bought a fair few from the market, especially yesterday. It would certainly be doable for us max levellers, at least for the first few days, or for shorter cruises. I have to admit though, I happily give them my lobster bisque/thermidor, and Coq au Vin, despite the 3-hour spice I use on most of them. Doesn't bother me one bit. I actually made tuna casserole especially for the cruise, but haven't had it come up once! I *do* think the challenge (or lack thereof) comes down mostly to luck. If I got onion soup every time I sent one off, there's no way I'd be able to keep up. And if I got 10 strawberries, and strawberry smoothie, and pink lemonade, and strawberry shortcake all in the same day, even WITH the street market, idk if it could be done. Ha! The things we do to entertain ourselves, eh? LOL

You still waiting for tomorrow, like me? I have to admit that I do want to get Nefertiti, and bake myself some gems. I wonder if it'll still sit on the counter like a normal recipe, or if we just collect gems when we take it off the stove...? Guess I'll have to wait and see.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by LonePudding View Post
    I was beginning to wonder how you'd keep that up throughout the whole event. I know for sure I'd never make it without my frequent refreshes! Ellyse also mentioned, as another challenge, no buying from the street market. I couldn't ever make it without my street market either!! Especially when I need those peas, mushrooms and onions!
    Well, I gave it a go! ;-). Have to admit, I possibly *could* have done it, ratatouille and all, but I just wasn't feeling up to it today.
    ...You know, now that you mention it, I've hardly been asked for anything with mushrooms this whole event! I *might* have sent off one Coq au Vin order, but I've had nothing else with mushrooms whatsoever. So weird how it varies, isn't it?