Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Egyptian Cruise Catering Event

I accidentally cooked something on my stove and my counters are full. Is there anything I can do? Ugh!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by cnlsmommy View Post
    I accidentally cooked something on my stove and my counters are full. Is there anything I can do? Ugh!
    You mean, for the cruise? If your counters are full, then the extra portions just don't go onto a counter, they're trashed right away when you serve. You just lose the money that those extra portions would have made if they went on a counter. I do this pretty often, I have >7 million coins (used to be >9 million) so I don't really care if I lose some revenue.

If you mean just for normal cooking, then you can choose to leave the cooked dish on the stove till the food on one of your counters finishes selling and you have an empty counter to serve the new cooked dish onto. If you're in a hurry, then trash whichever dish on your counters that has the least total revenue, so you lose the least amount of money by trashing it. Either that, or you can use quick serves or gems to quick sell a dish that's already on a counter, but I always feel that this is one of the lousiest ways to use quick serves and gems, so I never do it.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by cri14 View Post
    Wasn't paying great attention @ the start but I think..

Day 9 - 500 gems to finish
    4 coin dish - 67/68 gems, 3 - 39, 2 - 16, 1 - 5/6
    Thanks for the update!

Quote Originally Posted by ellyse99 View Post
    You mean, for the cruise? If your counters are full, then the extra portions just don't go onto a counter, they're trashed right away when you serve. You just lose the money that those extra portions would have made if they went on a counter. I do this pretty often, I have >7 million coins (used to be >9 million) so I don't really care if I lose some revenue.

If you mean just for normal cooking, then you can choose to leave the cooked dish on the stove till the food on one of your counters finishes selling and you have an empty counter to serve the new cooked dish onto. If you're in a hurry, then trash whichever dish on your counters that has the least total revenue, so you lose the least amount of money by trashing it. Either that, or you can use quick serves or gems to quick sell a dish that's already on a counter, but I always feel that this is one of the lousiest ways to use quick serves and gems, so I never do it.
    I think I might just be stuck. It is for the cruise. My counters are full of lots and lots of high cook time dishes. On my stove is a serving of cheesecake. I really can't afford to trash anything on my counters, so I may just need to wait and hope I get a cheesecake order soon. I have another stove to cook on in the mean time, but of course the ship is calling for everything from that appliance.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by cri14 View Post
    Wasn't paying great attention @ the start but I think..

Day 9 - 500 gems to finish
    4 coin dish - 67/68 gems, 3 - 39, 2 - 16, 1 - 5/6
    Day 9: 500 gems

4 coins = 67/68 gems
    3 coins = 38/39 gems
    2 coins = 16/17 gems
    1 coin = 5/6 gems

Well, I am glad each dish is worth more now, but near the end it can be a little frustrating to not know if you're going to get the lower or higher value for the dish! This may be a good time to use a few gems set aside, in case you wind up with 1 gem to finish your day! :-)

(Oh, and I combined the values you got with the values I got, and combined them. Thanks for posting. It is especially good to have multiple people 'on it' in situations like this.)

Fashion Designer
    I think I might just be stuck. It is for the cruise. My counters are full of lots and lots of high cook time dishes. On my stove is a serving of cheesecake. I really can't afford to trash anything on my counters, so I may just need to wait and hope I get a cheesecake order soon. I have another stove to cook on in the mean time, but of course the ship is calling for everything from that appliance.
    I'm guessing you cannot buy another counter? If you could, that'd solve things.
    Hope you get a cheesecake order soon!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitelove19 View Post
    Day 9: 500 gems

4 coins = 67/68 gems
    3 coins = 38/39 gems
    2 coins = 16/17 gems
    1 coin = 5/6 gems
    Could someone from TL please update the first post with this, and that Day eight requires 400 gems with the same distribution of coins (4 coins = 60 gems, etc) as the last several days. Thanks!

Fashion Designer
    Did the restock time for lemons change over the course of thise event? It used to be 4 hours, and I swear I was given 4 coins for them a few days ago, but I noticed it only wants to give me 3 coins for lemons now, and even though I just collected them, there's under 2 hours left until they're ready.

Rhino Keeper
    Just had a look at yours. What's the counter with the least revenue, and how many coins would it be if you trash that? I see that you have stuff like steak and eggs, French dip and chicken Alfredo, which are pretty low coinage dishes. Even if the cruise asks for them, you could quickly make them again...with the exception of French dip.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitelove19 View Post
    Did the restock time for lemons change over the course of thise event? It used to be 4 hours, and I swear I was given 4 coins for them a few days ago, but I noticed it only wants to give me 3 coins for lemons now, and even though I just collected them, there's under 2 hours left until they're ready.
    IIRC the refresh time for lemons has always been 2 hours. I remember because I used to have fruit shop at 1, ginger tea takes 5 hours, and I remember the refresh time worked quite well for me - as in, I can get just 2 lemons for the ginger tea in the time that it takes to cook ginger tea once.