Page 27 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 7/8: The Council (main story) | goals on page 1

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by jlpotts View Post
    What are fairy potion for energy? I been missing out....
    Faerie Elixir in the Greenhouse. They actually require more energy to make than you get(20), but if you had extra energy that otherwise would go to waste you can slowly stockpile them for use in events. With way events are so close between and long term storyline is very energy intensive, I am not sure how you would ever have excess energy to make them.
    🐲 ⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️ Proud member (#73) of the Thuakie Sword Society ⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️ 🐲

Wielder of the Mighty Sword of Fire & Ice 🗨⌨🐲⌨{🏟}======🔷=======>

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by netwiz3 View Post
    Faerie Elixir in the Greenhouse. They actually require more energy to make than you get(20), but if you had extra energy that otherwise would go to waste you can slowly stockpile them for use in events. With way events are so close between and long term storyline is very energy intensive, I am not sure how you would ever have excess energy to make them.
    I got a bunch of Flower Power daily Alicorns during a sale, they drop the flowers needed daily along with energy. Otherwise, some of the event intermediate prizes, as well as some Ivy Nursery critters, do multi drops including flower petals. Slowly adding these at lower levels will give you critters that drop petals on top of coal, or bacon, or some other resource we often need in events. We need red & purple flowers specifically for the Faerie Elixir. I have a good 15 of these color flowers, and slowly crafted the red & purple Shrubs in the Arboretum to put these out during WW instead of individual flowers (currently at 5 shrubs, eventual goal is 10-12). The Isle of Audra storyline drops a decent amount of Glimmerdust when collecting from clouds. This was great on the part of S8! We didn't have regular glimmerdust droppers as part of the storyline before (but I'm not done with them all, so I may be wrong). And Adventures will drop Glimmerdust Trove occasionally, so working on those when still a relatively lower level can get you a few of these glimmerdust droppers without spending gems. As well as religiously watching videos, if in the USA on an Apple device.

Doing the storyline to get the Trading Post to Level 10 will give you coin & random drops of many things. The Guardsman's dogs will often drop completed Simple Feasts to help with that Adventure.

And doing WW, with all your flowers/shrubs, etc. out, and collecting from everything you can (Quick Collect helps every 50 items or so tapped, for those whose devices support this), will top off your flowers, drops from clouds, etc. I keep 25 Red Mushroom Circles out for Glimmerdust. (Sidebar: these provide me with both Mushrooms and Glimmerdust. I do not have ANY regular mushroom circles, or mushroom patch, out At All) Park a monster somewhere off to the side, of course, so one doesn't interfere with collecting. It's why I recommend building up a couple dozen of each animal, or clouds, and a dozen farmhouses, 4-6 cottages, 2 each Library & Marketplace, Jeweler, Tavern; before getting really serious about finishing events. Especially if you aren't interested in spending any real $ or gemming parts of an event. If your time zone & life allow it, collecting from everything on your board possible using WW before an event using the 2 unlimited energy units offered to us, free, will help prepare you for getting through events. Just don't collect from things with extremely long timers (like cottages, Deep Mine, Market Place, Library, Ivy's Hut) if doing a WW the morning of/a few hours before the start of a new event. This is IMO the single best strategic move I make to prep for events. If you are topped off on everything during your first unlimited energy run, use the coin you have saved up to do Run #2 using mass Rock Outcropping chopping in an attempt to pick up a few Gold Nuggets. Put away things with short timers, fill the empty space with up to 40-50 Rock Outcroppings (less if you can't do Quick Collect), and chop up rocks to get those Gold Nuggets. I usually get at least 1 nugget doing this.

IMO this game is very mentally challenging, you really need to think about strategy until/unless you get to the point of tons of energy & resources available/saved. It's one reason why I love this game. I still have to plan/strategize, and I've been playing for years & have a decent "base queendom" (IMO, anyway ).
    Last edited by SofiaDeo; 07-11-21 at 09:39 AM.
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Rhino Keeper
    I make them constantly. This way when monster hunt comes up or an event you need energy it’s there. It’s handy. So it is something to work towards getting the most and when you get the free energy each week is when you get the water. After a while it’s not hard. You have two green house so that’s 40 energy 5 times then you are out of water but collecting one everything a couple of times a day helps. Good ��. I had so much trouble. I bought the first thing when it’s Thursday now because I had to go to the doctor for a test all day long about hospital and when I got home it was all gone and the game restart but I was charged. So now I’m so far behind I hop I can finish. I am wondering if I should buy the council Will it continue to give us stuff after the event

Rhino Keeper
    The clouds really help with most rooms and flower petals needed to do the elixir to get the 20 energy and when you fight over there you get a Lotta good stuff

Rhino Keeper
    Who or what drops lanterns.

Fashion Designer
    I think of my Council Statue in terms of energy savings. It appears that 15 fire flowers is a guaranteed drop. With 2 collections a day, that is 30 flowers which translates to about 5 trees which needed 25 energy to grow and 30 to harvest. So I get the equivalent of 55 energy A DAY for about 2 clicks.

This story line will likely have 4 parts and will run for weeks if not months. That is pretty significant daily energy savings.

Additionally, you have the chance of getting other drops - I have had collections where I only got the flowers and some where I got 1 each of all 3 other drops - the treaties, the axes and the hair of the beast. Seeing as many are reporting needing to expend 20, 30 or more energy to spawn a fang beast to get the hair of the beast, that is an additional big energy savings.

150 gems is not cheap but there is a big upside to getting the statue if you can reliably collect from it twice a day

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by LyonLorio View Post
    I make them constantly. This way when monster hunt comes up or an event you need energy it’s there. It’s handy. So it is something to work towards getting the most and when you get the free energy each week is when you get the water. After a while it’s not hard. You have two green house so that’s 40 energy 5 times then you are out of water but collecting one everything a couple of times a day helps. Good ��. I had so much trouble. I bought the first thing when it’s Thursday now because I had to go to the doctor for a test all day long about hospital and when I got home it was all gone and the game restart but I was charged. So now I’m so far behind I hop I can finish. I am wondering if I should buy the council Will it continue to give us stuff after the event
    I think the Council Building will get you through, with maybe a few gems needed if you are missing a few Troll Camp drops. IF you can log in a lot. Otherwise, maybe 2 Council Buildings. I bought the initial Value Pack for US$10. I bought the statue a day late, but played near constantly & burned up Faerie Elixir supplies and Energy Chests. I am setting timers to collect from Sawmills & Troll Camp, and the 12 hour Council Statue.

The second Value Pack is reasonable at US$10, often the second one is higher at US $15. IMO it breaks down to $2/day for the last 5 days of this timed portion, which is not bad if you really really want the steed. Instead of 2 council building, maybe this pack and 1 Council Building.

I am currently at about 12 Troll Treaties, 12 Troll Axes, 9+ Travelers Brews made, and have expanded to the Council Chambers. I did spend one day doing Workshop Boosts to crank out Wisp Lanterns (I let my supply get below 50, my bad).

Since this is a long storyline, based on the previous Event purchases like Forest Wisp and Toxic Spirit, I think the building will be useful after the Timed part is done. Plus, I agree with others, this is a really beautiful piece of artwork that fits wonderfully with the Castle Story theme!

Although, the Shark Event during the US's yearly Shark Week TV thing one year, was really really hilarious IMO. I know sharks don't really "fit" with the Castle Story idea, but to us USA SyFy/Fantasy lovers who enjoy The History Channel and the SyFy Channel doing the yearly Shark Week run, it was funny.

And I am hoping to see some of the Holiday themes expand to at least Nordic ones, since S8's parent company is now Northern European, and would fit nicely in with the Castle Story theme. It would also be enjoyable to see more multinational themes from countries on the various continents, around their legends & holidays.
    Last edited by SofiaDeo; 07-11-21 at 10:26 AM.
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by LyonLorio View Post
    Who or what drops lanterns.
    Destial listed them in post #176.

I usually go to The Hub, find the Inventory List, and snap a pic to save on my iPad. Pic gets deleted after the event. Then I have an easy to find list, without needing Internet access to reference the list repeatedly throughout the event. If you take lots of pics, you can insert the pic inside a Note to keep that easy access, instead of scrolling through lots of pics.

I'm having good luck spawning fangbeasts from hot peppers. I use boosts to speed it up. I got 5 fangbeasts from 48 hot peppers. Of course it didn't take 48 energy since got some energy back.

Quote Originally Posted by riverly View Post
    I'll post now that I'm finished spawning fang beasts, didn't want to jinx it. I had 8 farmhouses that I hit as often as I could while I was in game play. I got all I needed from them. Finished with the brews and now just basically keeping a close eye on my troll camp. And collecting from sawmills which I don't see any problem with even tho I don't get an axe every time.
    The troll camp is the bottleneck.
    Do we know if we will need more brews later?

Edited: Yikes! Just read we will need at least 215 more!
    Last edited by Gaillock; 07-11-21 at 11:32 AM.