Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Unicorn Summit - Levels 169 - 174

New Resident
    Phaedrakiki hi, thanks for your help in the past . I read your earlier posts & see that you had advised level 174 had been charged (sorry I didn't look further b4 posting) but is this down to purely luck? If it is I am right out of it I don't seem to be able to get even close. After so many attempts (prob 2+ weeks) it get soul destroying to not even get close

Hi Gremela! I'm sorry, I thought I already responded to this post. Not sure what happened to it (I must be losin' it!) Back in June, when I played level 174, you really did need a lucky board. A lot of stamina too, lol. (That 7 minutes or so took so long...my arm would get sore from all the repetitive swiping!) I finally got a lucky one (diamond + blaster combo early in the round, that wiped out all the fire with lots of time to spare.) But, now that they removed the windows, made the timer shorter, and sped up the fire--it's practically a different level. So I really don't know if it comes down to luck (although to a certain extent, they all do--at least a little bit, anyway.) I'd have to play it again in order to offer any real insight. And I'm kinda dreading that--that level was a nightmare!

I'm so sorry you've been stuck on it so long. Perhaps they need to add some time back to the timer. Now that they've fixed the window problem, which basically had the entire board split in two and made it SO difficult. Are you doing all the usual fire-fighting things? Making lots of special jewels, and trying to create big combos? Like blaster + bomb, diamond + blaster, diamond + bomb? Are you working fast, trying to keep the fire as small as possible by making matches down against the fire? If you're doing all the "right" things, and you've been at it over 2 weeks, then it sounds like they need to add more time to the level. I wish you the best of luck, and hope you pass this level quickly (that's if you haven't already...!) Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

Wow - it's interesting how different the amounts of time are. You mentioned 9 minutes - my timer gives me 1:20! Is there any way to get more time? Thanks for all the tips - they are very helpful!

Sorry - I thought my post would attach to what I was responding to, and it didn't. I'm on level 172, and I get 1:20 on the timer. Is there any way to get more time?

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondblaster View Post
    Wow - it's interesting how different the amounts of time are. You mentioned 9 minutes - my timer gives me 1:20! Is there any way to get more time? Thanks for all the tips - they are very helpful!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondblaster View Post
    (...)I'm on level 172 (...)
    Thanks, Diamondblaster! I agree; I find the changes interesting, as well. The little time/moves tweaks, and sometimes physical changes to the levels, too (like adding/removing crates, snake heads, windows, etc.) That's why I started leaving the "stats" each time I play a level (to make it easier to keep track.)

But levels 172 & 174 have had more than the usual amount of changes made to them. I'm assuming they had lots of complaints about how overly difficult they were. At first, it seems like they just kept adding more time to help players (going up into the 7 & 9-minute ranges.) But when that didn't work, they tried other things to make them easier. I've already posted about the 174 changes. For 172, I noticed they removed one of the jewel colors. You mentioned there was 9 minutes when I played...they also used all 6 jewel colors on the board. My chief gripe back then was that I couldn't find a match for the doom jewels. But with fewer colors on the board (there's 5 now,) that problem shouldn't be as bad. I don't know if they've made any other changes (other than lowering the time/# of jewel colors.) I haven't played 172 again (I really dislike timed levels, especially those with doom jewels!) But since players are still complaining about it, perhaps it needs more tweaks (or at least more time!)

Unfortunately, I don't know of a way to get more time. You can ask for it, I suppose. I have seen them add time/moves when players are struggling on a particular level. It doesn't always work, but it can't hurt either. You can always buy more time with gold (probably not what you meant, though.) But if you need just a few more seconds, you can always press the "more time" button.) Not the best solution, and it can be expensive. (Then again, when you're desperate to get through a particularly frustrating level, lol...it's worth it! There have been a few levels where I had to pay to keep my sanity... )

Best of luck to you!

Rhino Keeper
    wow, reading this I realize I have lost interest in going further. I've been stuck on 171 for over a month, playing a little every day. I only have 2:25 time and can't even make it half way thru . Seems it's only getting harder so might be time to delete. I don't understand why all the time difference and this one level has ruined the game. Such a shame because I really enjoyed it up till now.

Quote Originally Posted by mommy1951 View Post
    (...) I've been stuck on 171 for over a month, playing a little every day. I only have 2:25 time and can't even make it half way thru . (...) I don't understand why all the time difference and this one level has ruined the game. (...)
    Wow, I'm really surprised at this! I knew they made lots of changes to 172 & 174, but I didn't know they messed with 171. When I played it was 5:15 with 6 jewel colors in play. I see that they reduced the jewel colors to 5 (which makes it easier,) but reduced the time to less than half. I don't understand this either, cuz there weren't any complaints here about it. Even I liked it alright, and I usually despise timed levels! I hope they add some time to this level for you. Although less colors means it's easier to create special jewels (which you need to blast all those black jewels!,) 12 meters is a long way to dig in just 2:25. That is a shame! C'mon, TL--that seems too difficult!

Good luck, mommy!

New Resident
    I have one star on level 172 and 2stars on the other levels But I have not passed 174- ?? If I ever get a star on 174 how many total stars do I need to get to 175?

Hi Carlej, you need an average of 2 stars per level (game total, not per-island) to progress to new islands. So, for the levels you get 1 star on, you need some 3 star levels to compensate. Many players go back to get 3 stars on the earliest levels, then work forwards (when they get stuck & need more stars.) To answer your question literally, you'd need 174 x 2, or 348 stars to go on to 175...

New Resident
    Level 172 is only 1:30 now and seems impossible.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast