Page 50 of 73 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 1/7: Out of this World | event information on page 1

Farm Supplier
    I?m still trying to make my first key. So I guess I?m done. There is no way for me to get 6 collections in a day. I can?t play while I?m working. I?m not getting up in the middle of the night. I couldn?t finish the Piggy event either. I did manage the Panda one but I bought a second item like the bloom in this one. Next time I see the event is similar to those and this one I?m out. Not much fun for me.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Melany77 View Post
    Have you been collecting from your oxas these last few days? Chances are you've already made your first or even second key, then you can make it by diligently setting a timer and collect 5 times a day (you don't have to get up in the middle of the night, 5 collections can be done, for example at 7am, 11am, 3pm, 7pm and 11pm). If you haven't made any key yet, you'll have to manage 6 collections a day so you'll have to squeeze in a middle of the night collection. Or you can use 110 gems to buy the last key. Buy it from the goal book, not from the upgrade option.

This event is challenging, I found myself using a timer so I can squeeze in 5 collections a day. This is my first time ever that I have to resort to a timer, since normally I am usually finished within 3-5 days.

I do really think this event's format is insane, and it will alienate players, both those that spend gems and those that don't. When I spend gems, I'd like to spend it to get extra prizes, not so that I can finish an event. This format forces players to either play the game with an insane schedule or to spend gems just to finish. Neither will make us happy.
    For me, it's hard to squeeze in even 5 collections a day, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I don't see how I can do it on the weekend, when I sleep for more than 8 hours, for example. (I don't like having to set timers for a game, either. That's not play, that's work!)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by nancys627 View Post
    I have to make 5 more keys in less than 6 days. Doable???? I don't think so.

It would be nice if S8 could turn down the fangbeast spawn rate on cottages. I get those more than the caterpillar thing.
    For the keys, you need the portal pillars that spawn from the Portal.

Rhino Keeper
    I just wanted to point out that "buying" one portal ore in the workshop (for the Portal Key craft) costs 10 gems, which is cheaper than the 16 gems for speeding up the whole 4-hour timer of one of the Oxas. This might be relevant for those of us who find ourselves just a few precious ores short of completing the sixth key before the event ends.

Someone mentioned that skipping the requirement for the last key in the goal book is cheaper (110 gems) than buying a key in the portal's upgrade screen. However, if you do that, doesn't that mean that your portal doesn't get upgraded? So you would get Pavo, but not the (ticket dropping) level 7 Portal? Is that right?

Executive Chef
    I have just collected from my 3 oxas and I should now have 9 ores in storage but I have 10. I can’t see where the extra one came from. How weird but welcome.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by queens_ransom View Post
    I just wanted to point out that "buying" one portal ore in the workshop (for the Portal Key craft) costs 10 gems, which is cheaper than the 16 gems for speeding up the whole 4-hour timer of one of the Oxas. This might be relevant for those of us who find ourselves just a few precious ores short of completing the sixth key before the event ends.

Someone mentioned that skipping the requirement for the last key in the goal book is cheaper (110 gems) than buying a key in the portal's upgrade screen. However, if you do that, doesn't that mean that your portal doesn't get upgraded? So you would get Pavo, but not the (ticket dropping) level 7 Portal? Is that right?
    I gem skipped in the goal book and that gave me my keys so I could then upgrade my portal to level 7 and collect Pavo. :-)

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by belbar22 View Post
    I have just collected from my 3 oxas and I should now have 9 ores in storage but I have 10. I can’t see where the extra one came from. How weird but welcome.
    If you have the extra pine bloom thing that was in the market for 500 gems that also drops ore.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ajohn2508 View Post
    If you have the extra pine bloom thing that was in the market for 500 gems that also drops ore.
    No, I don’t have the bloom.

Rhino Keeper
    Portalpillar gigantus is now spawning from my Oxas every time. Makes Portal keys a bit more achievable?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by belbar22 View Post
    No, I don’t have the bloom.
    Interesting! Maybe the Oxas DO rarely give more than one?!

Such a guessing game sometimes!