Thread: Does Gothic Cottage count for ?Raising the Stakes???

Farm Supplier

Does Gothic Cottage count for Raising the Stakes?

Hi,

I am working on my Raising the Stakes requirements. (I know I am way behind, I recently got out of a coma, so I am coming back to the game from a long break). I only have a gothic cottage at level 6 (the others are level 5). If I upgrade the gothic cottage to level 7 will it complete the Upgrade a cottage to level 7 task in the book?

Any and all help is appreciated.

Also any new general tips about the game. I have been gone since the Valentines Day event and this was my first event back. Gotta say I loved the Weekend Warrrior (probably should be called Wednesday Warrior since it came on Wednesday, but no complaints here).

Thanks!
    Last edited by sunnyhook; 11-23-18 at 09:14 PM.

Nightclub Owner
    Happy to hear you are doing better health wise. Welcome back to the game.

Yes the gothic cottage counts. It was easier to upgrade my gothic cottage than the regular cottages so that's what I did and it checked off.

Farm Supplier
    Thanks so much!!

(For the help and the nice thoughts and words.)

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Fashion Designer
    I'm glad you are here and able to enjoy some fun as you build back your strength. Bless your heart for all you have been going through.

I don't know how far along you are in the storyline, but if you have been playing for years, you'll want to know that there is a new permanent questline called Search for Sabina. It is hugely expensive (to a newbie like me, lol), due to expansion squares costing 300,000 etc. If you've been to the Coral Castle squares, you probably won't flinch. :-)

I don't know your play philosophy, but Raising the Stakes and Hammertime are not important to the storyline if you have other quests to do. I only started playing in March, and it took me a while to realize that I couldn't clear my quest list if I ever wanted to progress in the story (Greselda, Elves, Faeries, etc.)

It has been hard on me still seeing them on my quest list, but Pepe le Skunkupine can wait forever for his 500,000 gold because I need it for other things. Sir Pigglesworth sat for 3 months until I caved in and bought the apple tree for gems, heh. But that's just my philosophy.

I hope your health continues to improve. Sending good vibes your way!

Farm Supplier
    Thanks you so much for the kind words, it is much appreciated. If you have space for friends, feel free to add me. My name to search by on the game is the same as this. Sunnyhook. My kingdom name is sunnyville.

Also, thanks for the info. I have just started the searching for Sabina storyline (on part 2) and I havent even finished the Coral Castle storyline because its so expensive (have one more step in part 3/4). I have a similar philosophy. I dont mind letting things sit. I have been playing for years; daily before I had to stop playing daily last year around this time and then I had to stop playing completely in the middle of the Valentines event this year. Yet I still havent finished Sister, Sister (8/20 signatures). I only recently finished the one where you finally get Sir Daisy. If you havent gotten him yet its the one in which you get the cleaning mitts in the special Royal Exchange Trade (you need 50). It took me forever. I think because once I move on I kind of forget about them too, lol. Oops.

Thanks again for everything!

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyhook View Post
    Thanks you so much for the kind words, it is much appreciated. If you have space for friends, feel free to add me. My name to search by on the game is the same as this. Sunnyhook. My kingdom name is sunnyville.

Also, thanks for the info. I have just started the searching for Sabina storyline (on part 2) and I havent even finished the Coral Castle storyline because its so expensive (have one more step in part 3/4). I have a similar philosophy. I dont mind letting things sit. I have been playing for years; daily before I had to stop playing daily last year around this time and then I had to stop playing completely in the middle of the Valentines event this year. Yet I still havent finished Sister, Sister (8/20 signatures). I only recently finished the one where you finally get Sir Daisy. If you havent gotten him yet its the one in which you get the cleaning mitts in the special Royal Exchange Trade (you need 50). It took me forever. I think because once I move on I kind of forget about them too, lol. Oops.

Thanks again for everything!
    Now that Sir Daisy quest is one you can definitely skip!!! It took me forever to complete it but I plodded along slowly and surely enough finished it during one of the events when I was able to get a lot of fertilizer. Words are insufficient to convey my utter disappointment with Sir Daisy. I'm slowly plodding through the hammer time challenge as I work on getting more expansion permits and earn money to complete Sabina and the mermaid challenges.