Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tips to sell fast and make coins

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by mymummy789 View Post
    sales are definitely moving I have made more money today than I ever have, and that is still with buying stuff from the newspaper!!
    This is a great result. There is money to make selling at lower prices than everyone else
    My ID is ciarjen if you would like to add me
    I play Dragon story (island name is Yniop), Castle Story (kingdom name is Langley) and Farm Story 2 (farm name is Batty's Farm).

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by EmmaLedger95 View Post
    Batty my lovely neighbor thanks for posting this, it's helped me tremendously as well.

You're welcome, let us know if you start selling quick and making more money.
    I play Dragon story (island name is Yniop), Castle Story (kingdom name is Langley) and Farm Story 2 (farm name is Batty's Farm).

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ciarjen View Post
    You're welcome, let us know if you start selling quick and making more money.
    Yes I am, and I'm very relieved. I have starting making good money and it is definitely flying off the shelves. Before I read this and tried it I kept ending up in a hole. So thanks again, very much.

Rhino Keeper
    No it is not a myth, my shop is selling like this too.
    Yep. I was already selling fast before the price change I thought everyone was making 30-50k per day like I was, and was shocked when I read post after post, same complaints repeated that people couldn't sell, couldn't make money to buy things....but being a newbie I could not presume to post "tips" !! Haha.....

When the price change happened, it got me flustered a bit. But it took half a day for me to adjust to the change and I'm back selling lightning fast again. My neighbors list has grown to 800+ and because I do 2 train orders a day, it's becoming a pain to search for what I need so I can send the train off within 15 minutes of it arriving. Very daunting task!

One of your points said to be sufficient on the farm so you don't need to buy ingredients at the newsstand. That's what got me started on my path of making money. I was a newbie, level 20 something....when I came to this forum and happened across 2 posts by the same person. In one post they talked about being sufficient on their farm, making everything they needed for plane/train orders, anything excess would be sold off in their shop. In the second post, they complained about not making enough money to buy any craft building, that TL overpriced the buildings and pets, etc.

So I put 2 and 2 together, and figured being sufficient was NOT the way to make money. To make money, I had to do the opposite of this person. I had to be insufficient. But that was the fun part! The figuring out what I can and cannot be sufficient/insufficient about In fact, some of the stuff, you lose earnings if you're sufficient!
    Last edited by cosmolife; 04-20-14 at 04:17 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Does anyone have any recommendations on particular items that seem to sell fast?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by nicxole View Post
    Does anyone have any recommendations on particular items that seem to sell fast?

If the price is right, it will sell fast. Most things are currently in the newspaper for market rate and above. If you want to sell fast, then you need to be cheaper than everyone else.

Everything I have been selling, has been going fast.

Rhino Keeper
    If the price is right, it will sell fast. Most things are currently in the newspaper for market rate and above. If you want to sell fast, then you need to be cheaper than everyone else.

Everything I have been selling, has been going fast.
    Hi Batty, I'm still not able to sell. Check out my farm, CountryCreek, I'm one of your neighbors.....any tips will be most appreciated.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by cityfan View Post
    Hi Batty, I'm still not able to sell. Check out my farm, CountryCreek, I'm one of your neighbors.....any tips will be most appreciated.

I bought it all for you to clear your slots.

I would say that the problem is probably that your items are not in the newspaper. This is how I think it happens - you list them, they go in the newspaper and if they don't sell they don't go back in there for some time, maybe hours. From watching the newspaper, very often items go up for sale within a second or two of the refresh and there is no time for people to buy, so I think those items then just sit in the shops.

So don't list everything at once. Fill one slot, leave it for a few minutes then fill the next slot because when you fill that second slot it then puts the first one back into the newspaper rotation. When you fill all your slots, try to keep one slot with something you are happy to discard, like a bag of flour because if they all get stuck again and don't move, you can get rid of it and fill it up with something else to get them all in the newspaper again.

I would also suggest that you sell items singularly. Not many people can buy in multiples because of lack of space in the barn and lack of money. The seaweed and rice don't move too well, so try selling them in 2s.

Your prices are very good but when people buy from you they cannot add you as a neighbour, so I would suggest you switch "allow quick invite" on in your settings. Since I cut my prices I am getting loads of neighbour requests because people want to come back to sellers who sell at good prices.

And when you get some more parts it would help to open all the slots up in the shop.

Rhino Keeper
    I bought it all for you to clear your slots.
    Thanks so much! I'm going to try your strategy now, and hope it works...
    Fingers crossed

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by cityfan View Post
    Thanks so much! I'm going to try your strategy now, and hope it works...
    Fingers crossed
    I've just sold everything I bought from you. It probably took about 10 minutes to do....but I was doing other stuff in between putting items in slots. I sold the seaweed at 2 for 120 and the rice at 2 for 108, so a little under the market rate but they went quickly.

All the scarfs sold at market rate of 92 when sold individually. The stew sold for 158 and the veg juice for 148.

Once you have them selling quickly you can experiment with putting the prices up a little.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast