Page 10 of 101 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Thread: Breeding Combos and Questions (Thread 1)

Executive Chef
    Anyuszko, I bet you get a super before I get the mother effing unicorn.

I am convinced that some coder changed my unicorn odds to zero.

If, in the next week, you get a super you've been trying a month for, and I get a unicorn I've been trying 2 months for, I will eat my words. But until then, I am convinced our personal game odds for what we are dying for has been set to zero.

ETA: Today is officially 60 days since the unicorn was rolled out. I have been trying usually 2-4 times a day since then, minus a day here and there where I gave up for a bit and just tried to get something else I didn't have. If I call it 2.5 times a day average, that is 150 fails and 0 successes.
    Last edited by zenobia42; 09-22-14 at 10:10 AM.

Executive Chef
    Zenobia, i am finger crossing for you
    Visit my main island: ZX71

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Anyuszko View Post
    Zenobia, i am finger crossing for you
    And I am for you!!!

Rhino Keeper
    Ok so I got my Nightmare yesterday and had to wait 18 hours for it to hatch if I remember correctly so I feed it to lvl 4 now I have to wait another 8 hours? Seriously?! I already had to go through enough trouble with the tournament by spending gems and all that but you his seriously need to limit the breeding time

Fashion Designer
    Just a quick note, I am still unable to breed supers. I am close to 100th attempt, with no super rare succeeding. Still "bad luck" isnt it?
    What are you using for parents? Here's what I've noticed: In DS, TL explicitly stated that level and rarity of parents doesn't factor into the outcome of the breed, but in FFS I have seen no such declaration. When I'm breeding, I tend to get rare or super rares when breeding with rare or super rares. I haven't kept track of all my breeds, but this is the trend I've noticed. Try breeding two super rares and see what happens.
    Back after ~2 years off from games.

CS: Level 50. FFS: Level 136, with room to grow. Not playing DS anymore.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by hugpete View Post
    What are you using for parents? Here's what I've noticed: In DS, TL explicitly stated that level and rarity of parents doesn't factor into the outcome of the breed, but in FFS I have seen no such declaration. When I'm breeding, I tend to get rare or super rares when breeding with rare or super rares. I haven't kept track of all my breeds, but this is the trend I've noticed. Try breeding two super rares and see what happens.
    Thank you. When my nightmare would be at least lvl 4 I should give it a try.

I went for various lighting super rares, but I have none. From rares I have the earth and fire one, but have no nature one (after 12 tries i have 12 common, not even a rare), so it is very hard to breed supers (when you do not have ). But I keep it in mind, and should try this way somehow.

Fashion Designer
    Flowless, I am doing this way, eg I am breeding lightning-red animals with dark-red (I miss both dark-red super rare and lignting-red one) or lightning with earth-nature hybrid (I miss Grassquatch-earth nature super-, also lightning earth and lightning nature super rares, i even was unable to breed lignting nature rare one, despite the fact I have breed 12 commons - imagine how it feels ever failing on 16 hrs common, with not even a rare "fail")

So I keep breeding animals with 3-4 possible missing fails. At around 100 tries Still nothing.

As I wrote b4, I keep on trying while I expand and clear every where, I have a few places left. If I dont succeed breeding at least one super, i delete FS.
    Don't quit yet. Let's have a super-breeding showdow first. I haven't bred a super rare since -- I dunno -- I produced those extra Emerald Dragons shortly after they introduced the first Electrics in late August. I haven't had a super breed since then, I know. Can't recall how long before the Emeralds I went without breeding super.

So how about a breed-athon? If you breed a super before I do, or before Zenobia breeds a Unicorn, you can't quit, okay? ESPECIALLY if it's super Electric! I'm gonna be using 3 elements instead of 4, starting in a couple hours because dammit that's the last Thunderhawk I'll be nesting in a long, long time. One more and I'll be quivering in a corner.
    It's perfectly okay to NOT know something; and one is no less worthy for admitting this. The wisest seeker is she who knows that she knows nothing!

Executive Chef
    What keeps here are friends like you.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SANDSCApe View Post
    Don't quit yet. Let's have a super-breeding showdow first. I haven't bred a super rare since -- I dunno -- I produced those extra Emerald Dragons shortly after they introduced the first Electrics in late August. I haven't had a super breed since then, I know. Can't recall how long before the Emeralds I went without breeding super.

So how about a breed-athon? If you breed a super before I do, or before Zenobia breeds a Unicorn, you can't quit, okay? ESPECIALLY if it's super Electric! I'm gonna be using 3 elements instead of 4, starting in a couple hours because dammit that's the last Thunderhawk I'll be nesting in a long, long time. One more and I'll be quivering in a corner.
    The Thunderhawk is SO annoying that I have decided to NEVER AGAIN put both nature and electric into the mix. I would really like a super rare electric, but not enough to deal with any more Thunderhawk epic fails. So... I am going to breed electric-fire-earth-and either water or dark until I get that electric super rare. If the Thunderhawk fail timer is not reduced, I will just never get a Storm Sphinx. Because it's SO not worth all the thunderhawk fails. The Thunderhawk is maybe the most annoying creature in ANY game I have EVER played. I mean, really? 16-hour effing fails? TL, if you think that is going to make me spend gems, you are DEAD WRONG. It only makes me avoid putting those two elements in the den. Ever. Again. if I can help it. Unless the timer is changed.

Anyway, I bet you and Anyszko get half a dozen supers each before I get a unicorn. Because I'm clearly NEVER gong to get one.

Fashion Designer
    Thank you. When my nightmare would be at least lvl 4 I should give it a try.

I went for various lighting super rares, but I have none. From rares I have the earth and fire one, but have no nature one (after 12 tries i have 12 common, not even a rare), so it is very hard to breed supers (when you do not have ). But I keep it in mind, and should try this way somehow.
    I meant to say, also try high level parents. High level super rares have worked best for me to breed super rares, but even two medium level rares seem to have a greater chance. Good luck!
    Back after ~2 years off from games.

CS: Level 50. FFS: Level 136, with room to grow. Not playing DS anymore.