View Poll Results: Overall I enjoyed this event?

Voters
256. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

24 9.38%
  • Neutral

41 16.02%
  • Disagree

178 69.53%
  • I didn't participate

4 1.56%
  • I ran out of time to craft/collect Horn

84 32.81%
  • I crafted 1 or more Meadow Wolf

174 67.97%
  • Spawn rate for Meadow Wolf too low

183 71.48%
  • I used gems to finish and I did finish

69 26.95%
  • I used gems to finish and didn't finish

34 13.28%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 100 of 140 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1399

Thread: Castle Story event 7/12 - The Fabled Fawn Storybook event | The Meadow Wolf

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by meme1098 View Post
    Did you have a few requests carried over from the previous day. For example, you started this morning with 5 that were answered after S8 day reset. You then sent out your requests for the storybook goal & got 15 answered to make the chest count up to 20 ...but.... you only got 15 answered from that storybook goal request so, that's all that the storybook shows.

I would suggest before using any chest keys make sure the 20 for the storybook goal check off first before using any on the premium chest.

SW
    Could you put a warning on page 1 to be sure your storybook registers 20 keys before using any keys on the chests?
    I'm afraid more players will encounter this problem without realizing it.
    After I sent out the requests and got 15 answered, the storybook goal request should have been 15 then. It wasn’t. It was 9. Seems a bit silly if this is so difficult to understand. I appreciate your input as always. Tomorrow I most certainly will do the storybook 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Stymie52 View Post
    Probably. My key amount never said 20 in Goal 1. It should have been 20 in both places. Hopefully tomorrow morning I will have 20 key responses in Goal 1. But with the way things are going, who knows!
    Is there an option to gem skip the key requests? I fear the answer will be no.

~~~~~~~~
    It would be nice if S8 would either increase the daily response or decrease the requirement of 20. They KNOW this is a known issue every time we have a storybook, or any timed event requiring neighbor requests.
    And it really makes no sense to put a roadblock in place that will prevent players from finishing a quest at the very end. Unless it’s to make money.

This has been the most depressing thread for a current event I’ve seen in a long time. There’s really nothing to be excited or happy about, and the light-hearted joking and players alternate theories/stories are missing from this one. Morale is low and constant struggling for rare random drops is not fun. It is day 8 for most players and there are still people stuck on day 3. That is inexcusable.
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Quote Originally Posted by lilymonster4 View Post
    So I finished chapter 8. Waiting for chapter 9 to start and wooden coins stopped tripping from the flowers and trees. Only drop from farmhouses and cottages now. Why? Crafting the Wolf isn’t connected to the chapters, I thought the coins would keep dropping
    Drops from event items (trees & flowers in this case) always stop between chapters. A good rule of thumb is to hold off on completing the last task of the day until just before the new day starts. As long as you aren’t behind and Except for the last day, in those cases you’ll want to complete as quickly as possible.
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCupOButter View Post
    Is there an option to gem skip the key requests? I fear the answer will be no.

~~~~~~~~
    It would be nice if S8 would either increase the daily response or decrease the requirement of 20. They KNOW this is a known issue every time we have a storybook, or any timed event requiring neighbor requests.
    And it really makes no sense to put a roadblock in place that will prevent players from finishing a quest at the very end. Unless it’s to make money.

This has been the most depressing thread for a current event I’ve seen in a long time. There’s really nothing to be excited or happy about, and the light-hearted joking and players alternate theories/stories are missing from this one. Morale is low and constant struggling for rare random drops is not fun. It is day 8 for most players and there are still people stuck on day 3. That is inexcusable.
    160 gems to skip. If I don’t have 20 tomorrow (I seem to already have 6), I will definitely gem skip. But I am hoping to be at 20. Enough spent already. I don’t like to be down to the wire at the end. Makes me very stressed.

Quote Originally Posted by neska04 View Post
    Finished chapter 8 and waiting for chapter 9; wolves and coins are still spawning / dropping from farm houses and cottages, but not from meadow trees and sunflowers.
    I am having the same issue.

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by olma_ru View Post
    I've been working really hard to go through chapters and now what? I'm on chapter 8 and need to get to tavern level 6! I didnt realize it until now - my tavern is level 5 and it is absolutally impossible for me to reach level 6 during these days .
    I think this information should be in red on the first page to warn those like me who didnt pay attention to this little fact...
    I'm with you. I might be able to upgrade to 5 but not 6, I haven't built Thurston's Fort yet and I don't have boars yet. I guess I'm done. I did manage to tame a meadow wolf but I really feel they should tell you up front that you can't get it done. Since some of my requirements were smaller than what was reported, like only 2 trips to the marketplace not 4 and only 15 wolves instead of 20 I was counting on them substituting something for those things I haven't gotten to yet in my play. No such luck. I had no trouble finishing the last event for Marina completely but it wasn't this "storybook" format. I have to agree with others that I'm not a big fan. I'm very disappointed.☹️

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonVillage3 View Post
    Yes I would give up on the grand prize if I were you. It takes 450 gems to skip the 75 boar pelts and 16 gems to skip Thurston's Fort. You can check on Page1 Post#1. Plus if you've never had a boar in your kingdom yet.. it's too soon for you to complete this goal.
    What you can do is collect the coins and try and craft a Meadow Wolf.. many players who are not able to finish the event have decided to do that.
    Lots of luck!
    Thank you MoonVillage3. It's disappointing but I did manage to finish 1 meadow wolf. I didn't seem to have the problem with keys that others did. I've only been playing a month and this almost made me delete the game. I'll try to finish Thurston's Fort since I need it anyway. It looks like I have a few days to recover before they start another event...
    Last edited by Bybrr; 07-19-18 at 09:46 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Honestly, as soon as I saw "boar pelts" as a required component, I knew I was out. I not only didn't understand the storybook and started super late, but I haven't unlocked dire boars as monster spawns yet. I'm just hitting up the flowers/trees to get coins and asking for keys so I can get a Meadow Wolf. Fortunately I had 60ish simple feasts and maxed longswords so spamming the adventure wasn't awful (got 4+ of each seed). Even if I suddenly COULD have the boar pelts, I don't have 10 golden eggs either.

Not a fan of this event one bit. Level 37 btw.

edit: 7/20 Meadow Wolves, agreed spawn rate is abysmal

Rhino Keeper
    I have only fought six Meadow Wolfs of the required 20. The spawn rate is awful. I don't get why some events are doable and some are just hard. I truly think it is deliberate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ki250 View Post
    I have only fought six Meadow Wolfs of the required 20. The spawn rate is awful. I don't get why some events are doable and some are just hard. I truly think it is deliberate.
    Agreed. I give up....three days with 3x as many skunkupines spawning as meadow wolves and I only have 9/20. So frustrating when events are not doable.