Page 21 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: Tropic Tides LeaderBoard Event June 2016

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDe99 View Post
    @Sandybellee yes, I really love it. Think I have to get it, but will sleep on it and decide in the morning. I have enough gold, but I was determined NOT to spend gold on this event. I just like it SO much. Kudos to the designer!

You've done well on your feeding! All that stockpiling you did has paid off. You were my inspiration to build up my stocks. i figured get to 200,000, then go for 300,00, etc. Having Warrior Prince already at 15, I'm in no hurry to feed up a second champ. Diamond and Infinity already 15.

We have some of the same darlings: my Nouveau and Spirit Queen I took up a while ago, but Galaxy is a must for me too. She may get up in the coming days.

I haven't used boosts in any of the Leaderboards to date, as Kennedward says, anything can happen in the coming days, too much like gambling for my tastes, especially given we "down under" are asleep in the last hours and have no idea what others will do. I will get the habitat and if I get any dragons, well and good, but I'm just playing my normal game.

I may make an exception for that coral piece!
    I think I'll probably get the habitat by the end of this, but won't get any of the dragons, especially the last milestone, the points required is way too high
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDe99 View Post
    @Sandybellee yes, I really love it. Think I have to get it, but will sleep on it and decide in the morning. I have enough gold, but I was determined NOT to spend gold on this event. I just like it SO much. Kudos to the designer!

You've done well on your feeding! All that stockpiling you did has paid off. You were my inspiration to build up my stocks. i figured get to 200,000, then go for 300,00, etc. Having Warrior Prince already at 15, I'm in no hurry to feed up a second champ. Diamond and Infinity already 15.

We have some of the same darlings: my Nouveau and Spirit Queen I took up a while ago, but Galaxy is a must for me too. She may get up in the coming days.

I haven't used boosts in any of the Leaderboards to date, as Kennedward says, anything can happen in the coming days, too much like gambling for my tastes, especially given we "down under" are asleep in the last hours and have no idea what others will do. I will get the habitat and if I get any dragons, well and good, but I'm just playing my normal game.

I may make an exception for that coral piece!
    Thanks! Yes, I'm glad it paid off. It was mentioned in the info during the first leaderboard already that feeding dragons will be a way to earn points in the future so I was waiting for this.

Glad I inspired you! It's a good approach to have manageable goals like you do - and you will be surprised how easily you can reach 1 million apples if you make some sacrifices (skip a few tales events, don't feed anyone, etc.). And after that it will be even easier to gather more because it's so exciting to cross that milestone!

I used the two boosts this time to make sure I reach Clownfish. Haven't even thought about the grand prize! Will have to see how that plays out. But yes, the end time is awful for you guys down under. Good luck with the rest of the event!

Executive Chef
    Again, yeah.. Activate your Acrtic island for this event.. Everything is great
    DS:122 Neighbors required!! ADD BAKERYSTOE as well)

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennerwein1 View Post
    Oh that sounds fabulous. Great idea!
    S8: could you make it possible for us to send gifts to each other besides gold, especially tiles ? They are sooo much better than gold. A collector's dream. Sometimes I open my storage just to gaze at my tiles. (Since I have no room for them in my island, all taken up with those pesky habitats) Makes my day!
    I suspect you would unfriend or unneighbor the first person who sent you a tile instead of gold. 😂😂😂😂😂 Hilarious thought though! I don't want this so you take it. Kind of like a virtual garage sale or donation.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by sophiensissi View Post
    I suspect you would unfriend or unneighbor the first person who sent you a tile instead of gold. ���������� Hilarious thought though! I don't want this so you take it. Kind of like a virtual garage sale or donation.
    Or a white elephant Christmas game where you regift an unwanted present from years past...

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by roguebee View Post
    Or a white elephant Christmas game where you regift an unwanted present from years past...
    You can sell Tiles, 200 coins a pop☺ .

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowtiger333 View Post
    Arctic isle has a maximum capacity of 6 habitats. If you want to complete the album, you can only have one of each unique dragon. The breeding time for everything in there is 4 hours and it is a common dragon almost every time. If someone has had arctic isles a while, it is doubtful they have a bunch of dragons waiting to evolve. While there is a slight advantage, its not that huge.

Attachment 31418
    Actually, most of my event points come from the Arctic Isles. (I just had my system all typed out but deleted it after realizing it would be stupid to publish it, lol! It's really just basic logic, not hard to figure out).

Android players are at an enormous disadvantage. It is ridiculously unfair. This event sucks, and I say that as someone who won the Mama dragon and is currently in 1st place, with no gold spent on either event. I've been very, very fortunate in being placed with mellow groups of people who don't boost and go nuts- and I play on iOS. I just don't like the feel of this event, I like it when we all work together to earn a prize for everyone.
    Last edited by FireballFarm; 06-05-16 at 09:06 AM.

Executive Chef
    Yup. Being on android it feels alot like s8 loves to spit in our faces. All I ask for is some form of fairness, but that'll never happen most likely.

New Resident
    I kind of like that the arctic isles are included, although I can see how it would be unfair. I don't really play on the Arctic isles so it gives me a chance to breed and evolve some of those dragons. I just managed to get an alpine dragon but then my game crashed and it has disappeared. I also prefer when everyone works together, but I guess some people like to be competitive. The element of competition does kind of get lost though when some people spend gold and others don't.

Rhino Keeper
    I'm on target (1961 points) to get the last milestone. To get to the Clownfish, I need 773/day and at reset time I wanted to be @ 1546. So, I did use a 7 gold boost since I had 2 nests, 2 dens and evolve ready on main island and den and evolve ready on Artic. Plus, got a lucky spin for about 225. I figured that I had to activate my 2nd den and use Artic to get enough points to meet my daily goal. I keep a base of 200,000 apples for tales, but may go below that to get my new Gold dragon to 10 ASAP for max daily gold. I make about 25k- 30k apples a day and so should get 50-60 points/ day for that. I feel for those that are lower level or on Android - don't see how they can make the final milestone.