139 66.51%
  • Did not receive any random adventure drops

130 62.20%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 33 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 8/06: Tomb Raiders | event information on page 1

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Stymie52 View Post
    Cleo is animated and has a 10 hour collection time (40 gems to speed up). She is quite exquisite and I just love her. Thank goodness she is not a walker and can remain in a beautiful enclave made just for her.
    You can't say 'beautiful enclave made just for her' and not show us a picture

How wonderful she is animated! I love animated decorations

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by RonjaR82 View Post
    You can't say 'beautiful enclave made just for her' and not show us a picture

How wonderful she is animated! I love animated decorations
    It is still a work in progress. However, I have very limited iPad s****s for a picture. You will just have to stop by for a visit. ��

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Stymie52 View Post
    It is still a work in progress. However, I have very limited iPad s****s for a picture. You will just have to stop by for a visit. ��
    I've tried 2 times, but my game won't cooperate.. it just closed for some reason. I'll try again tomorrow!
    I don't know how to make screenshots, but when I use the 'Photo' option in the Main Menu, it saves the photo directly on my Ipad.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by stormaurora42 View Post
    Thank you for responding with that level confirmation, pippenandcopper! Wonderful to know- glad your issue was resolved as well.

-

Woohoo! So happy the sphinxes are now properly dropping energy.

-

I feel like it should be possible, I've collected all of the Oasis Water and Feather Quills i'll need for all of my builds already (I'm doing one chapter a day as they are released and on lower level requirements). Falcons have a 2 hour timer, Oasis Saplings have a 10 minute timer, and we don't need too many of each in my opinion. Given that there are a few "quick" timers with higher requirements and a few longer ones it really depends on how your free time ends up synching with the games' timers.
    Are you on lower or higher-level requirements? Which chapter/goal are you on? The crafting later on may take a little more finesse to time properly.

If you can, try to take a look at the upcoming goals and time the "long wait" requests (like neighbor requests) to (hopefully) complete while you're at work should help speed things along during your free time.

-

Neighbor requests actually behaved oddly for me last night as well. I was stuck at 8/10 for around 6 hours, wondered if i'd accidentally flooded over 20 requests and glitched my system but was generally patient and was force-closing/re-starting the game frequently to try to make the last few appear if they were lagging. Force-closing and even restarting my device had evidently stopped helping, because Once the last 2 did finally appear I saw that one had been sent 4 hours ago and the other 2 hours ago.

Not a huge deal, just a bit of an annoyance that even force-quitting and restarting wasn't making those completed requests appear. I'd also chosen to leave an Adventure sitting ready to collect all day so I could finish the next part quickly so lost a little time on that.

I did notice earlier in the day that sometimes the Desert Map piece would appear in my inventory but not be counted, and the restarting did help with that as another player so helpfully noted, but the map pieces definitely weren't in my inventory last night.
    I was also still receiving and accepting requests from neighbors (quests requests, and new neighbor requests) during that time.
    (Edit: Some neighbor requests are now coming through as sent a few hours back, but those might be flooded requests arriving late.)

Hope the next round of neighbor requests will be less glitchy!
    I am having a similar issue with the map pieces. I sent out a request to all my neighbors (over 100) and, in 10 hours, received only one response. I tried forced restarting (repeatedly). I've also tried resending the request but get told that I've already sent them. I know I have very active neighbors so I don't know what's going on

Farm Supplier
    I really don’t understand the drop rate problem. I thought by now I’d get something. I really need the falcons or I probably can’t finish. Or I have to stop my life to play this game. They know this is a problem so why hasn’t it been addressed? I’ve spent money on this game but I refuse to get the pack for those falcons. I’ve gotten stubborn about it now! I’m not sure about the fairness of an event that you need random drops to succeed.

I had problems with Desert Map pieces too. When Chapter 5 started, just after midnight, I sent out 40 requests to neighbors. 18 hours later, I had only received 9 of the 15 pieces I needed. I also only received 5 requests for pieces from neighbors, which I promptly sent. So I had to spend a lot of gems to complete that step and continue with the chapter. Now, after another 18 hours, I've received only 2 more pieces, and only 3 more requests from neighbors. One of the neighbor requests was marked as being 2 days old, and I never received a map piece from Stormie. So I would say some of us are seeing glitches with neighbors, and I'm assuming I'll need to spend a lot more gems to get through the 20 Ancient Artifacts we need from neighbors in Chapter 9.

I also have sent out over 15 adventures and have not received any extra drops, just cactuses. At least I'm not having to spend coins on cactuses. I've been playing for long enough to know that Storm8's random number generator has very wide swings: when you're lucky, you're lucky; and when you're unlucky, you need to either sit out that adventure or spend real money to buy a lot of gems. But I'm sure the randomness makes a lot of newer players quit in frustration. When I visit community members, I see far more people at level 50 than I see at level 25 or below, so I'm afraid that these glitches are driving away newer players, which is bad for the long-term future of Castle Story. Having reduced requirements for lower levels may help a little, but if "lower level" goes all the way up to level 45, then it really doesn't help the true newbies at level 25 or below.

Is today chapter 6? I'm catching up after being behind and I don't want to finish whichever chapter we're currently on.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosewood_Keep View Post
    Is today chapter 6? I'm catching up after being behind and I don't want to finish whichever chapter we're currently on.
    Yes, we’re in Chapter 6 now, another 11 hours to go before Chapter 7 begins.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by RonjaR82 View Post
    Yes, we?re in Chapter 6 now, another 11 hours to go before Chapter 7 begins.
    Please correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the next day start based on when you clicked start?

Fashion Designer TeikaEmberstorm's Avatar
    I thought it was just me on neighbor request. It took a day for me to get mine sent to me, and I sent to people I know are playing. I only had 5 people send me requests, and it should have been much more.

I can confirm the golden egg drops from the falcon.