Page 40 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 7/18: 'Tis only a Game event | *goals and inventory info on page 1*

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Krissylynn97 View Post
    I actually really like this event compared to others in the past. You can craft the rolls and defeat the shadow fangbeasts at the same time. Also, this still gives me a chance to craft other items I need to expand or level up buildings and restock my food items. I am not aiming for summoning the shadow beasts because im only at 30% an I am definitely not getting to the 500. On the other hand, the receiving the items you need (like bags of holding, enchanted chalice, fangbeast fangs, etc) are very random and you are waiting on those items. For me, I was lucky and received them in a timely manner so I didn't really need to wait that long (because I had to craft the rolls anyway).

For those that are asking about the Baron rolls, if you have the special dice in inventory then craft it. The first time I got deco (which to me was not what I wanted) and I just did another roll over the night while I was sleeping and I got dragonstone, travel potion, AND magic gems which was nice. You still always have the chance of getting deco but if you like that sort of thing craft it during the night.
    I'm making my last Ivy roll now and then will do whatever number of Baron rolls it will take to get rid of all the special dice and luck spells I have. I won't need any more magic gems or travel potions or dragonstone though. I also don't need the deco items either. It will give me something to do while I wait with baited breath for the chalice and spell of light.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by wishtheywerereal View Post
    Rest easy, BobbyRae! : ) Since you can keep doing all the 'rolls' for step 17 in preparation, as soon as you craft the armour set in the forge, Goal 17 will be done in an the proverbial blink of an eye. I am on 17, waiting on Ivy's hut bags of holding drops. I need 4 more, so might need two more collections. Also, the drop rate can change in an instant and you can wind up steaming through (we *have* asked for the Wow Faerie) ; ) with the needed drops.

It has also been my experience w scarce and random drops that the drop rate mysteriously tends to improve as the event continues.

As other people have posted, you will need roughly half of the 300 (give or take a dozen or so) for the last Baron. I've stopped doing anything else on my board so I can save energy beyond the 40 (by collecting from my energy animals when I am already at or beyond 40 energy) to ensure I can whizz through when I can get the Baron.

I just now made the error I was going to avoid then warn others about - gah! - I sent another adventure SWAT team out via the keep instead of keeping it empty and ready for our blissfully short ten minute adventure. Even if I get 4 bags of holding from Ivy in an hour when it comes due, I will have to wait almost a full day to do the last adventure. D'oh!! : ) Good thing I don't take myself too seriously- that's at least three gaffs this event (did the wrong boost, workshop instead of doubling crops, then got swept away when I corrected the error and collected enough quills/spines for an extra sword and a half.) : D I need more sleep. Zzzzzzz...

Edit add: Fourth gaff - missing where BR said all rolls done. : D
    From your mouth to the fairy's ears. Second day the Power of the post has pulled through for me. I just got a chance to take a break from work and collect from the fountain. Woo hoo!! I collected a spell of light AND the last chalice. So the shield is now cooking. May I swiftly be able to collect the other light I need to craft the armour! Every potion, stone and gem has been crafted in readiness to be submitted when requested. I hope I remember not to send out any knights!

In spite of some frustration I much preferred this event to many of the previous events. I LOOOOVED the idea that we were not chopping trees and much preferred the idea of slapping the Baron around instead of poor defenseless animals
    I too join the ranks of those not crafting either shadow fangbeast or skunkupine. Unless I hear now that after the event they will be guaranteed trade ticket or energy droppers, I can't see a reason to craft them and then throw them swiftly into storage. I do wish there was an alternative way to get rid of all the tokens.
    Last edited by bobbyrae; 07-25-19 at 02:20 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    SpiritWind when you have time could you also post the decorations from the baron roll please I?ve currently got a castle and a king piece but would love to know how many more I need to collect 😊 thank you

Rhino Keeper
    I'm enjoying this one too. To be honest, I've found the game much more enjoyable over recent games - I must have hit a lucky streak making it less of a chore and much more suitable for someone in employment. I should finish over the weekend, and will decide then whether to go for a grinning skunk just for fun.

I've really enjoyed that rather than deplete resources this has given me opportunity to replenish them, though my chefs are getting very grumpy at my farmers giving them all this work. I shall end several feasts to the good, and my workshop continues to gently pump out lanterns and high grade beams.

Can anyone tell me about the shadow baron's drops please? I'm thinking I might get him before the end of the event, and certainly will if there's a gem sale. He drops daily energy so I assume 2-5, but does he drop a daily cabbage or an occasional one? I'd love a second source of cabbage as I could then risk going for the owl despite their only being rubbish in the tent.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kiryuuku123 View Post
    SpiritWind when you have time could you also post the decorations from the baron roll please I?ve currently got a castle and a king piece but would love to know how many more I need to collect �� thank you
    There seems to be 4: king, queen, castle, and knight.

Rhino Keeper
    Like Kathy,I also would like to know about the shadow baron drops. I'm tempted to buy it,but not if it's a random cabbage dropper. We all know what random drops are like...few and far between. If it drops a cabbage daily,and a bit of energy,I'm in�� But,then again,haven't had anything decent in the tent for a while,so might have to think about it.lol.

I'm level 29 and still doing the baron 130 at stage 15. It's impossible to get 500 for the fang. Wasn't lower levels supposed to be getting lower tasks?

Executive Chef
    I'm doing a Barons Roll again, Please Please Please let me win a Gnome!
    I would trade my other won decorations and all my Shadow Tokens in if I could.
    But sadly it doesn't work that way..

Fcplaystoregames, do you mean the 500 Shadow Tokens to get 1 of the 2 Shadow Beasts?
    When you finish the event/ have made all the Magic Gems you need, you should be around 400. (I have 391 now)

Rhino Keeper
    Shadow Baron has been reported to have a 22 hour timer and the first drop was rotten cabbage and 7 energy drop.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ham2905 View Post
    Shadow Baron has been reported to have a 22 hour timer and the first drop was rotten cabbage and 7 energy drop.
    If he drops Rotten Gabbage every day it would be a better purchase than the Gabbage Hut which is 450 gems and doesn't give energy. + he looks better than the hut! (or is that a question of taste?)