Thread: Boosted breeding was a sick joke this time

Rhino Keeper

Boosted breeding was a sick joke this time

Just need to vent frustration here. The entire boosted breeding this time around netted nothing but common and rare (but not rare to me) dragons. I bred Pirate and Spirit Queen, Spirit Queen and Bride of Franken, Spirit Queen and Caesar, Watermelon and Spirit Queen. I was trying for Winter Lily or Sugar Skull. I got nothing but coral, two Lunar Ram, and three Life. Seriously??!! Where was the boost in breeding a super and ultra rare dragon and getting a LIFE DRAGON???? Why put up a timed challenge to breed a dragon (Winter Lily) if it is going to be so difficult to breed. Right before the boosted breed started I was trying for Winter Lily and ended up with a 21 hour figuring it was poison and boom, the Duchess. Awesome. But boosted breeding, LIFE. And don't even think about a Diamond showing up even though that would be an actual boosted breed of an ultra paired with super.

I bred Darksteel with Banshee and Darksteel with Ghost Armor hoping for Moon or Siamese and got a boosted breed of a WINTER. Hooray!!! Yay, I already have three waiting to be evolved. Really needed more. It's more like boosted breed becomes a regular breed when it's free.

I already have 3 islands, 2 socials and I don't know how many mists plus a variety of random dragons waiting to be evolved for trade. This boosted breeding only gave me more dragons to line up for evolution for trade only. What a waste of time!!!!

Now I have the comet challenge available but apparently getting the Moon dragon to send on the quest is going to take years off of my life even though I used dragons that the breeding calculator claim if you breed them with any other dragon you can get moon. I even did one better and bred pairs of dragons that if you breed one of them with any other dragon together hoping two would increase the chance. I think the game code should be improved so that it can tell what dragons you already have and take them out of the breeding equation. That way if you get a fail at least it's something you don't already have. Or at least do something to make the chance of getting a repeat dragon less likely and getting one you don't already have more likely. Then a failed breeding isn't quite so annoying because you still net out something new which is honestly all we really want when we breed.

Ugh!! Annoyed and had to let it out as stupid as it is. Backing away from the computer now...

Fashion Designer
    That sucks :/ It was the complete opposite for me. During these two or three days I got about four (or five?) dragons I never had before. And I wanted to have two of them for a long time.

I'm not even sure if Boosted Breeding is real. It just seems so freaking random.

I'm sorry you had such bad luck, but I think we all know what that feels like because everyone went through Boosted Breeding times without getting anything special. It sucks, definitely.
    Active Dragon Story player.
    ID: hiabarara

Fashion Designer
    I've noticed many times (for my island - not saying it's this way for everyone) when I breed the stuff I've won that is *not available thru breeding* (for example, breeding Pirate, Spirit Queen, or anything from the dragon tales) I rarely get anything good. But if I use super rare dragons that I've actually bred myself & breed them together, I have better chances with getting something new or super rare. I've also noticed that the higher level my super rare dragons are (level 8 and above), the better dragons I breed. I know they say it doesn't matter...but for my island, it certainly seems to. And of course it doesn't always work (the boost failed me this time, too), but it does seem to be the norm.

It makes me sad, because I always get excited to see the cool dragon color combos that come up from the new events, but they never yield any good results for me when used for breeding. Come to think of it, it's often the same way in the arena. So, pretty much most of them are just on my island as "eye candy".

I haven't given up, I still want to try spirit queen & pirate some more, and a couple others, but I don't have high hopes.

And about Moon... yes. I have gotten 2 cores, which took me 5 months to get. Pretty ridiculous. I've been sending him out daily since the last tales ended, but no luck at all. I keep having this feeling that if I level him to epic, I will get the last one, but I just don't have enough food for him right now.
    **Full-time DS junkie since 2014, working to make her dragon dreams come true.**

Diamonds: Diamond, Infinity, Crusader, Gold, Quetzal & All Arctic Diamonds
    Champions: 13 total, 4 epic, 1 max level
    Player Level: 171
    *Newest bred dragons: Super (6.14.16) & Iris (6.11.16 - boosted)

Dragons are so fun!
    Dragons are so fun!
    Now it's time to hatch an egg
    and see what we have done...

I've gotten 3 diamonds using the new dragons last one was using spirit queen n got another using nouveau dragon! Not sure exactly what was bread w bit know I was trying for the sugar skull as well as another Halloween drag (cauldron ?) when using the Nouveau* not likely even in combo for that but was late actually one of the mindless quick taps and same w spirit queen getting diamond think was simply crossed w watermelon? Was trying for Dutch..and winter lily think again mindless middle of night. So was luck as I've played 3 years always had trouble getting diamond till over a year at least of play these islands were lower levels! One was android n one iOS. Hence no correlation.

A theory I had was when trying for a hard to get dragon using the older original like first dragons u'd have better chances as they are most pure (like my older island I know my first fairy was a cross with Forrest and air my later drags were fails and had many many others in their lineage (hence maybe why your higher levels are working for u? I've not kept my dragons in order on my new we islands been trading n raising random so I've a really hard time knowing which are most pure breeds perhaps why I've had best luck w those won off wheel and tourneys. I'm trying to keep better track now and raise 1st dragons to at least 5 but gets confusing after a while lol. Hope my input helps?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by lizzierose2 View Post
    I've gotten 3 diamonds using the new dragons last one was using spirit queen n got another using nouveau dragon! Not sure exactly what was bread w bit know I was trying for the sugar skull as well as another Halloween drag (cauldron ?) when using the Nouveau* not likely even in combo for that but was late actually one of the mindless quick taps and same w spirit queen getting diamond think was simply crossed w watermelon? Was trying for Dutch..and winter lily think again mindless middle of night. So was luck as I've played 3 years always had trouble getting diamond till over a year at least of play these islands were lower levels! One was android n one iOS. Hence no correlation.

A theory I had was when trying for a hard to get dragon using the older original like first dragons u'd have better chances as they are most pure (like my older island I know my first fairy was a cross with Forrest and air my later drags were fails and had many many others in their lineage (hence maybe why your higher levels are working for u? I've not kept my dragons in order on my new we islands been trading n raising random so I've a really hard time knowing which are most pure breeds perhaps why I've had best luck w those won off wheel and tourneys. I'm trying to keep better track now and raise 1st dragons to at least 5 but gets confusing after a while lol. Hope my input helps?
    Wow! That's really awesome & lucky of you! My island is not very lucky in general, so I think that's why breeding my new *not available through breeding* dragons with other dragons doesn't work well for me. I wish it did though! I do get lucky every so often with them, but most of the time I don't.

It's funny how certain things work for some islands & not for others. It's just important to pay attention to the patterns on your island, at least that's what I've noticed for me. I'm glad the rare stuff works for some people at least! ;-)

I only have one island on DS. I don't think I could keep up with more than one. lol
    **Full-time DS junkie since 2014, working to make her dragon dreams come true.**

Diamonds: Diamond, Infinity, Crusader, Gold, Quetzal & All Arctic Diamonds
    Champions: 13 total, 4 epic, 1 max level
    Player Level: 171
    *Newest bred dragons: Super (6.14.16) & Iris (6.11.16 - boosted)

Dragons are so fun!
    Dragons are so fun!
    Now it's time to hatch an egg
    and see what we have done...

Yes for me that comet dragon took over 3years!!!. I just recently was able to get the last core and tail on one of my original islands just after the 3 year mark that after about a 3-5month off game completely due to lags on old device. And the your right getting the moon dragons were extremely hard on the early islands I started when game first came out. And it was before we had event after event changes and I sent the moon drag out daily rarely did other quests cept for the few early world events (glad TL made Olympus a keeper but sadly not soccer. Not sure what that's all about but on one of the newer islands was able to breed moon dragons.

I now seem to exclusively send magic for food and that's random I don't like gettin the 3000 coins!! I've sent magics from level 1-10 n didn't matter what level dragon was often for amount of food I got till recently as long as dragon is fresh higher dragons for the particular island are more likely to return w higher crops but still can get up to 5000 food sending a fresh level 3 or 10. Once I start get the coins I know it's time to switch my magic dragon. My experience is once I send same dragon too often I'll only get low amt of food i.e. 125apples and once I get coin the dragon must be tired in game eyes as I'll continue to exclusively get only 3000 coin or 125apples no matter fact that it's the highest magic. Hence after the experiment I now switch dragons or try different quest.

And also to get that Moon Dragon I'd try (if u can remember using your first night or one u bread using the two colors (water n magic?) anyway use the most pure dragon that is Night and light I got moon very quick after very few fails once got it first time another time seems I got a bunch of smokes. Anyway it's the game it can be frustrating I think we are all feeling the economy TL is or seems to be pushing to make more $$$ it's sad but hard to blame them for attempts to line pockets..... Love the game and I'll always play but if I could buy a simple 30-50$ play on my console or other media device version that wouldn't require any more of my out of pocket $$ I'd jump to that. I'd miss chats but lately life been over busy anyway. So being new I'm not good at using quotes from your post hope my post adds to yours though I'm using the replay button. ��������

Banned
    The outcomes are mainly a roost and quite random. TL makes it 200 coins every so often in the hopes that they catch millions pressing the gold button once the roost ends. It keeps them in business.

I ended up with 5 actually due to old devices and kids quitting I took their islands as think I'd 20$ of their allowance money invested lol I've not added my original level 150 island yet and I was switching on all these old devices so the new system seems good idea no more lags ect... Only ya can't play 4 islands!!! For these reasons. 1. I've a life out side of cyber space. 2. Ease of switching and no lags make it easy to visit and return visits hence u actually spend MORE time playing not less lol. 3. Obligation "well one island gets gold need gold on other island.... More time spent playing alternate games to acquire gold... 4. One island is ahead in tourney.. Event ect.. I'll just spend gold this once to advance or use ultimate just once more to catch up... (U see where I'm going list grows u not only spend more time and gold due to new system...again thinking reason behind new ability to combine all ur old device games to one faster easie or more convient place is making TL $$$ but ya no frustrating lags just silly me not resisting temptation!

Much easier to see patterns though!!! And also the sheer randomness of breeding at first b4 switch what worked on one island nearly always worked i.e. Battles breeding ect.. For other islands but now it's becoming less n less and more random. Each of my islands does have very unique n different dragons n reasons I keep playing them. I also have many of same neighbors I make no hiding of fact of the islands hence easier I feel.

But I'd like to get back to that topic of the new not able to breed but won dragons not giving much luck. Do take note that the Diamonds and ..I also got a sugar skull, and recently a cupcake those were all fails!! I've not been able to breed any of the here today gone in a week dragons n if so very few. And I've used the Spirit Queen exclusively since I got her (on all 4 islands! ya big challenge) and haven't gotten any I've tried using her for! Not winter lily. Duchess, cauldron ect nothing oh did get a twlight fail on one island as well but can't get her on Amy other islands so there is something to your comment! The best dragon that gave me the most new dragons (I wasn't really trying hard for a specific dragon was when I used Amphora I got new dragons for like two+ weeks! (No diamonds though..

Farm Supplier
    This past boosted breeding weekend was the worst I have ever experienced... I purchased the diamond temple when I saw the boosted breeding was going on. I thought it would increase my chances to get the elusive Astromancer and Prism dragons.

Normally during these weekends I get at least one new dragon but this was not the case. I was getting commons and no rare dragons. I spent extra gold to speed breed so I could take all opportunity trying for these diamond hybrids. As soon as the boosted breeding ended I got a tricorn while the diamond temple was activated.

I still have a little less then 3 days left on my temple and I hope that I can get at least one diamond out of it but its not looking so good. If I dont get anything from the temple, I will never active it again cuz I have gotten 6 diamond hybrids without the temple.

Fashion Designer
    I actually had a pretty good boost breeding, finally got the elusive gold dragon in fact possibly two as I will eventually find out, if not it will be a fifth diamond. I also spired a orism on the first day which totally shocked me and a bunch of other new dragons I fpdidnt have which is a small feat when you are up to 220 dragons. I was not able to get the one if the black diamonds I've been trying for or night elf which iver also been trying to get for the last couple of months but I guess good things come to those who wait. Perhaps it will be on sale for Black Friday, one can only hope lol. As a rule I try to breed with my lower dragons if they have similar colors as I have a great deal of selection and it keeps my stronger ones free for battle. This comes in particularly handy with diamonds and pinks as I have 3 breed able Angels, 3 breed able infinity and 2 breed able diamonds and others that just need evolving.

Diamonds: Helios, Angel (11), Crusader, Quetzel, Prime Eternal, Achilles, Prism, Gold, Mercury - all level 10. Glimmer (9), Astromancer (7), Blk Diamond (7), Crown Jewel (9), and Unicorn (13)
    Diamond, Infinity, and Valiant at level 15

4 Prime Dragons, Eternal (10), Chroma (10), Arcane (10), Power (8), Dark Prime Chrono (10)
    Champions: total of 22 all at 9 or Epic, Glasswing at 13, three at fifteen
    All 18 Arctics epic

No longer accepting DragonStory Neighbors, sorry