Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 06/17: Monster Hunt season 33 and LB | event information on page 1

It really is luck which group you’re put in. I came a comfortable 2nd this time with 4,600 points and the winner had 5,400. Last time I came 6th with 8,000 points and a winner of 15,500. I enjoy monster hunts more now that I’m just focusing on gold tokens and not worrying about the leaderboard.

Nightclub Owner
    Looks like the LB was not so competitive this time. I only focus on troll token and hammer as much as I on monsters to produce a maximum during a week, I always end the week in the 7500-8000 points range which places me in the middle of the LB just leagues away from the top. Now I finished leagues on top.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Rhino Keeper
    I did not know what a "prize chest" is, as I always ended up in "7-12" rank before. This time I had no chance for 1st or 2nd place, but a reasonable shot at 3rd place and a prize chest. I ended up spending 51 gems (39 on purpose and 12 by accident) to ensure I did not slip to the 4th place.

And? The prize chest was 25,000 coins and a worthless banner! I would have been better off with 4th rank and a 25-energy crate!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by trailbean View Post
    I did not know what a "prize chest" is, as I always ended up in "7-12" rank before. This time I had no chance for 1st or 2nd place, but a reasonable shot at 3rd place and a prize chest. I ended up spending 51 gems (39 on purpose and 12 by accident) to ensure I did not slip to the 4th place.

And? The prize chest was 25,000 coins and a worthless banner! I would have been better off with 4th rank and a 25-energy crate!
    Good point! I also got prize chests consisting of coins and banners, and would have preferred an energy crate. At least now we know for next time. Although we probably also got more trade tickets for being in 3rd place than we would have at 4th, right? So there's that.
    I've spent thousands of dollars on Storm8 games, but I'm still not valued by the company.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by roksta72 View Post
    I had a pretty quiet Lb this time. First was on 2337 for ages,I only wanted the 2300 loch prize,so sat on that. Then watched as someone else shot up to about 4200 in space of half hour or so. Got up this morning(I'm on Down under time) to see first was on over 6000 points. Original first was now third,having been leapfrogged again by someone sitting on 2355 points. Being so close,I thought I might as well try for second. But,also,being the generous soul that I am,lol,I sat on 2355 points to tie for second,thus,hopefully,both of us getting the second place prize. It's a shame most people don't agree to do that. I know,I know,lots say they're just going for tokens,but when you see scores getting upwards of 10,20,30 thousand or so,you gotta wonder if some people are just uber competitive,feeling the need to have everything that s8 dish up. I have been at times,ie when the minotaurs were out,I needed to have them. But,if folks communicated,and were happy to agree on a set score,more people could get the grand prize,thus eliminating a lot of the angst people have towards LB's. Just my two cents,for what it's worth. Love the game,love the community,kudos to s8 for all their work(you can't please all the people all the time) and shout out to SW for all her (mostly) untiring efforts on the forum. Have fun folks,and remember,social distancing at all times ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by mymonta View Post
    Good point! I also got prize chests consisting of coins and banners, and would have preferred an energy crate. At least now we know for next time. Although we probably also got more trade tickets for being in 3rd place than we would have at 4th, right? So there's that.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShibuyaCloth View Post
    Looks like the LB was not so competitive this time. I only focus on troll token and hammer as much as I on monsters to produce a maximum during a week, I always end the week in the 7500-8000 points range which places me in the middle of the LB just leagues away from the top. Now I finished leagues on top.
    Quote Originally Posted by roksta72 View Post
    I had a pretty quiet Lb this time. First was on 2337 for ages,I only wanted the 2300 loch prize,so sat on that. Then watched as someone else shot up to about 4200 in space of half hour or so. Got up this morning(I'm on Down under time) to see first was on over 6000 points. Original first was now third,having been leapfrogged again by someone sitting on 2355 points. Being so close,I thought I might as well try for second. But,also,being the generous soul that I am,lol,I sat on 2355 points to tie for second,thus,hopefully,both of us getting the second place prize. It's a shame most people don't agree to do that. I know,I know,lots say they're just going for tokens,but when you see scores getting upwards of 10,20,30 thousand or so,you gotta wonder if some people are just uber competitive,feeling the need to have everything that s8 dish up. I have been at times,ie when the minotaurs were out,I needed to have them. But,if folks communicated,and were happy to agree on a set score,more people could get the grand prize,thus eliminating a lot of the angst people have towards LB's. Just my two cents,for what it's worth. Love the game,love the community,kudos to s8 for all their work(you can't please all the people all the time) and shout out to SW for all her (mostly) untiring efforts on the forum. Have fun folks,and remember,social distancing at all times ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by mymonta View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tombero View Post
    It really is luck which group you’re put in. I came a comfortable 2nd this time with 4,600 points and the winner had 5,400. Last time I came 6th with 8,000 points and a winner of 15,500. I enjoy monster hunts more now that I’m just focusing on gold tokens and not worrying about the leaderboard.
    I only focus on my gold troll token goal for each hunt. Lately it has been 99 in order to get the newer weekly energy animals. (I'm not sure why I'm going for these because I have plenty of energy right now.) I still have five more to craft. LB monster hunts are a bit boring to me. I have plenty of energy but I'm not very motivated to spawn and vanquish monsters. I have received second place twice but only because they were reasonable monster hunts. This time the winner of mine had 33,000 +. Second and third had 27,000+. I feel bad for the third place winner, the worst position to get in my opinion. The 2nd and 3rd place competitors should have tied in points instead and both would get the second place prize. Fourth place has 8,000 + and I came in fifth with 6,000+. I usually get between 3,000 and 7,000 points. I personally don't understand the need to be in first with a large amount of points.
    Thuakie Sword #19

New Resident
    My lb was really active and I finished last. I'm now back at work and my phone is not allowed on my desk. So break and lunch only. So did what I could but got very discouraged early on. Just tried for gold tokens.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveloki View Post
    My lb was really active and I finished last. I'm now back at work and my phone is not allowed on my desk. So break and lunch only. So did what I could but got very discouraged early on. Just tried for gold tokens.
    I know that feeling. I'm down under,in Melbourne, and monster hunts, along with most events, finish around 11am. So normally I start work at 7am,thus leaving four hours where I can't watch or participate in the game. Many is the time I'll be in front,only to come back on my break to see I've been leapfrogged by several other players. Them's the breaks I spose,of being in different time zones.

Quote Originally Posted by newpam575 View Post
    <Snip...> I personally don't understand the need to be in first with a large amount of points.
    Neither do I. I mostly play for tokens, (unless the prize is an energy dropper), but even that gives me 30,000+ points by the end of the event and usually puts me at the top of the LB.

Rhino Keeper
    Did anyone craft armoured glimmer loch? Is it worth 55 gold tokens. Does it drop shells and clown fish frequently. The only reason I would want to craft it is shells

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    I've been tracking its drops and it mainly has dropped seaweed and reef slab and stones. It did drop the clown fish just now. Given its 2 hour timer, I'm happy I crafted it. Everything that drops the clown fish is rareish though... it is dropping shells a lot but I'm maxed on them so I get the black flag message.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast