Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LeaderBoard/Crown Update 6/4/13

Quote Originally Posted by MHz_ View Post
    The second change we did was to the matchmaking system. Before, we match players based on the defensive strength of the attacker and defender, which was a flawed implementation, and I take full responsibility for this. Now players are match relative to their offensive progression (army camp/barracks levels, troop promotions etc..) and the defender's defensive progression. This will not be exploitable as the prior system was.
    Whatever happened to this idea? It seemed like the most logical approach, especially since there's no way to demote troops or sell buildings.

Crown based matchmaking is very exploitable. It allows players to purposely lose matches in order to deflate their count, enabling them to hide at low Crown levels with a town that is too strong to defeat for low ranked players.
    Many players are clearly doing this on a massive scale. Farm relentlessly until crown count is so high that only dauntingly tough defenses come up in the matches; then lower crown count by deliberately losing while STILL farming. The lowered crown count then dials up easier targets. So it is apparent that crowns are the basis for the matchmaking; not a balance of offensive vs defensive progression as you said it would be. Can you at least confirm that here, officially?

Executive Chef
    Interesting. I'm still groping with this game. I noticed after someone attacked me my crowns went up.
    I'm still building up so have no time to attack others. BUt I do like the replay button, it is fun watching.

I am ranked#5 on world. I burn my bum out trying hard to earn those crowns coz FM apparently doesnt give too much to be won. I have a screenshot to show here now that has been bothering me since yesterday. I am at lvl68 and got good base i guess but I got attacked by a lvl25 which name appears to be TALAD. He is in Pinoy Tsinelas clan and he attacked me using low level troops, he attacked me twice and both lasted for less than 30secs and got 3% only. But at my surprise i checked LOG and it says there I LOST from him? He ripped a good 51crowns twice consecutively and this is really frustrating. Attached is the screenshot to prove. Hope i can get my crowns back and this TALAD be investigated. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	13.9 KB 
ID:	10903Click image for larger version. 

Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	10902Click image for larger version. 

Size:	19.7 KB 
ID:	10904Click image for larger version. 

Views:	30 
Size:	13.7 KB 
ID:	10905

Also, i would like to inform FM that I have been losing crowns gained with no reason. And I get StormieLvl25 10/12x times when i go to battle which really is annoying because you spend coins when choosing who to battle and i spend almost 30k coins just because of stormielvl 25 Apparitions. I get disconnected every 15 minutes and when i return, crowns lost.

Quote Originally Posted by heidisthebest View Post
    I am ranked#5 on world. I burn my bum out trying hard to earn those crowns coz FM apparently doesnt give too much to be won. I have a screenshot to show here now that has been bothering me since yesterday. I am at lvl68 and got good base i guess but I got attacked by a lvl25 which name appears to be TALAD. He is in Pinoy Tsinelas clan and he attacked me using low level troops, he attacked me twice and both lasted for less than 30secs and got 3% only. But at my surprise i checked LOG and it says there I LOST from him? He ripped a good 51crowns twice consecutively and this is really frustrating. Attached is the screenshot to prove. Hope i can get my crowns back and this TALAD be investigated. Click image for larger version. 

Size:	13.9 KB 
ID:	10903Click image for larger version. 

Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	10902Click image for larger version. 

Size:	19.7 KB 
ID:	10904Click image for larger version. 

Views:	30 
Size:	13.7 KB 
ID:	10905
    You should post that again here: https://forum.storm8.com/showthread.p...s-Needed/page9

We've seen some slight abuse of the way the crowns and matchmaking systems work, resulting in players gaining way too many crowns per day and getting near a point that cannot be overcome.

We're pushing out a fix that will reduce the number of crowns you can earn from opponents with a significantly lower count than you have. This will likely only affect a very small number of players.

Update 6/4/13:

Tonight (US time) we pushed out 2 major changes for Crowns and Matchmaking:

For crowns, we adjusted the total number of crowns for all players who had over 500. This was necessary so that our update to the matchmaking system and the overall balance of the leaderboard is intact. For players affected (about 430 of you), you were credited 250 gems for the inconvenience.

Please note that the actual rankings were not affected, and all players did not have their rank changed, but their total Crown count did.

We hope to not have to ever do this again, and I apologize greatly for the inconvenience caused.

The second change we did was to the matchmaking system. Before, we match players based on the defensive strength of the attacker and defender, which was a flawed implementation, and I take full responsibility for this. Now players are match relative to their offensive progression (army camp/barracks levels, troop promotions etc..) and the defender's defensive progression. This will not be exploitable as the prior system was.

Please feel free to leave comments and feedback here and I'll do my best to address them.
    I am at lvl71, you clearly stated there you fixed your match making? I have strong troops, upgraded weapons, stong walls...why do i get those poor low levels 30/40 with low level base???? And i dont see any crowns at all since last week!!! Give us real money spenders a break will yah?

Hey Frozen Turtle, would it be possible to have the crowns won or lost set to at least a minimum of 1. At least give us a chance to win some crowns. Right now they are really hard to find for many players. Thanks.

Executive Chef
    I notice those more than 10 or 20 levels are attacking me. so not easy to build up our cash and coins, unless we can vault them like in World War games. So most of the time I am defeated and get the free shield.
    Coins are hard to earn and upgrade takes long. The stones are not easy to build up if we keep getting defeated by higher level players.
    I noticed some same level players have much more cannons and defence equipment and I am not allowed to have so many ???

Rhino Keeper
    This game so great and it fun ...hope there more update

New Resident
    How do you get past Mission 15/Chapter 3?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast