Page 18 of 130 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery: Increase in Prices

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by retro71 View Post
    I'll summarize an earlier post.

The cost to make a recipe, 50% higher. The cost to buy ANYTHING, 50% higher.

So, Two days ago 4 coins in the overall economy of the game now equals one. Is this accurate or have I misfigured?
    I believe it's 100% higher, it's been doubled right?
    either way it's way to much of a hike!and not enough profit!
    I would even settle for the food prices to go back to normal.

New Resident
    ... i just went to the Play Store and voted 'up' every recent one star review... Why bother begging? They don't listen, and they don't care... I'm done with BS.

I wouldn't pay a penny as a subsciption fee what they have done is outrageous. I feel for those who are starting and it will take them forever to reach there goal as it is it was hard for us older players.

I guess I will have to quit, close, go out of buisness they do not think of the people on senior citizens, on ssi, disability and so forth on a limited salary. Really sad they done this!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by purplegem611 View Post
    I believe it's 100% higher, it's been doubled right?
    either way it's way to much of a hike!and not enough profit!
    I would even settle for the food prices to go back to normal.
    It reminds me of those IQ-type trick algebraic questions a favorite teacher would give:

If a recipe now yields 2 coins, previously 4. And from that measley 2 coins what used to 1 coin now costs 2. How jacked are you? LOL

Rhino Keeper
    It reminds me of those IQ-type trick algebraic questions a favorite teacher would give:

If a recipe now yields 2 coins, previously 4. And from that measley 2 coins what used to 1 coin now costs 2. How jacked are you? LOL
    Retro
    Well you made me laugh!! Now .... how many pieces of cake does jack have?? Hahaha!!

Rhino Keeper
    Dang, Jack has the cake, the coins, the gems, the recipes...

He's the Jack Daddy!

Rhino Keeper
    Dang, Jack has the cake, the coins, the gems, the recipes...

He's the Jack Daddy!
    You got an A+ ps... Hate math! Although this game got my math s****s working again!
    Sorry got off topic humor here!

Banned
    It's not exactly 4 times.

If your PROFIT halved and the cost of everything except food doubled, then it would be 4 times. That's because it's your profit from cooking that you spend on the stuff that has doubled in price.

However, how much your profit takes a hit depends on what the profit is on the food you are cooking.

For example - if I make a loaf of bread that costs 40c to make and I sell it for $2.00, then I have made $1.60 profit.

If the cost of that bread rises to 80c, then my profit is now $1.20. It hasn't halved. So, I have 75% of the profit I used to make on a loaf of bread, to spend on stuff that is now 200% of what it was. I need to make a profit of 266% of what I used to make, to buy the same thing I used to buy.

On the other hand, something that already had a low profit margin would be even worse.

If I used to make a loaf of bread that cost 95c, and sell for $2, then I used to make a profit of $1.05 per loaf.

When the cost doubles to $1.90, I now only make 10c profit. My profit margin has dropped from $1.05 to 10c. In the last example, I still had 75% of the profit I used to make. Now, I only have 10%. So to pay for something that is now twice as much, I have to cook and sell TWENTY times as much.

Rhino Keeper
    Talk about profit... I've made 70,000 in sale and tips + 30,000 as the daily bonus in the last 24 hours. I have spent 0.00. This is 1/3 of the amount I made Wednesday. My bakery would operate in the red if I continued playing like I did on Wednesday. Bakery Story economics definitely operate in a make believe world. No real world business would survive this type of economics. Just saying!

Discouraged and disappointed in the unrealistic price increase. I really enjoyed playing...now completely frustrated. Will find a different game to play.