Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tips to sell fast and make coins

Executive Chef

Tips to sell fast and make coins

With the new market rate, everyone is selling at similar prices at the moment, so it is really a seller's market to make some money if you can get the stock in your shop moving. I am selling everything I am making, very quickly and even buying in some stock to fill slots in my shop. A week ago nothing was selling in my shop at all. Here are some tips I have picked up for getting items selling quickly and making money. Please add to them if you have any more.

- The market rate is what most people are selling at and the price is high, close to the maximum so if you sell at this rate, expect sales to be slow as your items will be in the newspaper alongside similar prices and they won't stand out and say 'buy me'.

- Cut the prices as low as you can to still make a profit and only experiment with putting the prices up once you get an idea of how quickly they sell.

- If you sell fast with a small profit margin you are making coins. If you have a higher profit margin but are not selling you are not making any money at all.

- Open as many slots as you can in your store. When people get a large number of neighbours, only those with the most items to sell will be showing up in their selection. I can only see neighbours with 5 items for sale and above on my farm.

- Every time you place an item for sale, it puts your other items back into the rotation of the newspaper. So don't fill all your slots at the same time. Leave a few minutes between each one.

- If you have 12 slots, leave one empty to use this one when you need to get things moving again by selling an item and getting the others back in rotation.

- If you have time and barn space, sell in singles. When people are short of money and don't have space in the barn, they can't buy in bulk. They can also buy quickly without thinking and doing mathematical calculation to see how much it is costing them per item.

- If you need to sell in bulk consider making the prices so they are easy to work out cost per item.

- Keep a variety of items for sale in the shop.

- Look to make items that you can make quickly and cheaply and sell for low because they have not taken up much resource/ingredients to make.

- Aim to have your farm self sufficient in that you don't need to buy in ingredients from other people. Prices in the newspaper are so high than buying at these prices will affect your profits if you have to sell at low prices.

- If all the slots are full in the shop and nothing is moving, discard an item and put something else up for sale. Plan for this by having cheap stuff always in at least one slot to discard if necessary. I use cheese, flour, eggs and milk for this.

- Cheese is probably my best sales generator. Both my dairies are making it all day long probably about 120 a day. I am selling cheap today at 24 but I sell it all, usually as soon as it fills the slot and it gets the sales of other items moving as it puts them back into the newspaper rotation and gets buyers visiting my farm for more bargains below what everyone else is selling at. Don't think if you go too low in price you will not make money. I am making about 30,000 coins a day.

- Make sure you have "allow quick invite" switched on in settings.
    My ID is ciarjen if you would like to add me
    I play Dragon story (island name is Yniop), Castle Story (kingdom name is Langley) and Farm Story 2 (farm name is Batty's Farm).

Executive Chef
    thank you so much for doing this. I have struggled from the start trying to make money on this game. I now have 12 slots and am mostly selling below market value. I am now off to switch my quick invite back on, and also send you an invite, if that is ok

Rhino Keeper
    This is a beautiful sight! It happened in less than 5 minutes, the time it took for me to put the stuff in my shop

I post this to show this is not a myth. I sell stuff so super fast they fly through my shop and are gone within minutes! I'm then left with nothing to sell and empty slots staring back me

Note the 4 pepperoni pizzas at the bottom left corner. I was selling it in single at 150 and it flew out of my shop in 2 blinks of my eye. So I thought....hmm, maybe people need this item for plane/train orders. So I decided to list all 4 pizzas (all I had in my barn) at once at near max price of 175 each. And now see how slow these now sell? I'll bet they'll sit around for a while. But in my case, I have 12 slots so I can afford to make a mistake in judgement like this and let the item sit for bit. If you have less slots, your barn needs space, you need to sell quick, then be careful how you price your stuff. Underprice and they sell too quickly. Overprice and they'll sit around. So find a price somewhere in between that works for you

Rhino Keeper
    Oh btw, the difference between 150 and 175 is only 25 coins. Not worth taking the risk. If in doubt, sell low, see how fast/slow the item sells, and then adjust your price accordingly. I would rather sell at 150, get it out of my shop fast, so I can get my hands on that money sooner and can then buy more bacon to make more pepperonis and keep selling them fast through my shop.

The smaller profits you get from selling at 150 will add up the faster you can move these guys through your shop. So by the end of the day, you will have made money. Lots of money!

I make 30-50k per day. On a good day I go a bit crazy and can earn more than 50k, easily
    Last edited by cosmolife; 04-17-14 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Added info

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by mymummy789 View Post
    thank you so much for doing this. I have struggled from the start trying to make money on this game. I now have 12 slots and am mostly selling below market value. I am now off to switch my quick invite back on, and also send you an invite, if that is ok

You're welcome.

Your prices are good and you should see sales moving with them.

I bought 3 of your items, so I can fill my slots back up later when I run out of stock.
    I play Dragon story (island name is Yniop), Castle Story (kingdom name is Langley) and Farm Story 2 (farm name is Batty's Farm).

Executive Chef
    sales are definitely moving I have made more money today than I ever have, and that is still with buying stuff from the newspaper!!

Quote Originally Posted by ciarjen View Post
    With the new market rate, everyone is selling at similar prices at the moment, so it is really a seller's market to make some money if you can get the stock in your shop moving. I am selling everything I am making, very quickly and even buying in some stock to fill slots in my shop. A week ago nothing was selling in my shop at all. Here are some tips I have picked up for getting items selling quickly and making money. Please add to them if you have any more.

- The market rate is what most people are selling at and the price is high, close to the maximum so if you sell at this rate, expect sales to be slow as your items will be in the newspaper alongside similar prices and they won't stand out and say 'buy me'.

- Cut the prices as low as you can to still make a profit and only experiment with putting the prices up once you get an idea of how quickly they sell.

- If you sell fast with a small profit margin you are making coins. If you have a higher profit margin but are not selling you are not making any money at all.

- Open as many slots as you can in your store. When people get a large number of neighbours, only those with the most items to sell will be showing up in their selection. I can only see neighbours with 5 items for sale and above on my farm.

- Every time you place an item for sale, it puts your other items back into the rotation of the newspaper. So don't fill all your slots at the same time. Leave a few minutes between each one.

- If you have 12 slots, leave one empty to use this one when you need to get things moving again by selling an item and getting the others back in rotation.

- If you have time and barn space, sell in singles. When people are short of money and don't have space in the barn, they can't buy in bulk. They can also buy quickly without thinking and doing mathematical calculation to see how much it is costing them per item.

- If you need to sell in bulk consider making the prices so they are easy to work out cost per item.

- Keep a variety of items for sale in the shop.

- Look to make items that you can make quickly and cheaply and sell for low because they have not taken up much resource/ingredients to make.

- Aim to have your farm self sufficient in that you don't need to buy in ingredients from other people. Prices in the newspaper are so high than buying at these prices will affect your profits if you have to sell at low prices.

- If all the slots are full in the shop and nothing is moving, discard an item and put something else up for sale. Plan for this by having cheap stuff always in at least one slot to discard if necessary. I use cheese, flour, eggs and milk for this.

- Cheese is probably my best sales generator. Both my dairies are making it all day long probably about 120 a day. I am selling cheap today at 24 but I sell it all, usually as soon as it fills the slot and it gets the sales of other items moving as it puts them back into the newspaper rotation and gets buyers visiting my farm for more bargains below what everyone else is selling at. Don't think if you go too low in price you will not make money. I am making about 30,000 coins a day.

- Make sure you have "allow quick invite" switched on in settings.

Thanks for all the good tips. I'm so poor right now and need to make some money. Will try these ideas.

Rhino Keeper
    Batty my lovely neighbor thanks for posting this, it's helped me tremendously as well.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmolife View Post
    This is a beautiful sight! It happened in less than 5 minutes, the time it took for me to put the stuff in my shop

I post this to show this is not a myth. I sell stuff so super fast they fly through my shop and are gone within minutes! I'm then left with nothing to sell and empty slots staring back me

Note the 4 pepperoni pizzas at the bottom left corner. I was selling it in single at 150 and it flew out of my shop in 2 blinks of my eye. So I thought....hmm, maybe people need this item for plane/train orders. So I decided to list all 4 pizzas (all I had in my barn) at once at near max price of 175 each. And now see how slow these now sell? I'll bet they'll sit around for a while. But in my case, I have 12 slots so I can afford to make a mistake in judgement like this and let the item sit for bit. If you have less slots, your barn needs space, you need to sell quick, then be careful how you price your stuff. Underprice and they sell too quickly. Overprice and they'll sit around. So find a price somewhere in between that works for you

No it is not a myth, my shop is selling like this too.

I also think that train/plane orders have trends to them. One day, nearly every order I got for the plane had peanut brittle on it and I think when this happens one item becomes popular and you can price it higher and it will sell quickly. The next day though, no one wants it, lol.

With everyone sell at the same price in the newspaper, this is a fantastic opportunity to make some sales. I am getting new neighbours by the hour because people are desperate to buy at a fair price.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmolife View Post
    Oh btw, the difference between 150 and 175 is only 25 coins. Not worth taking the risk. If in doubt, sell low, see how fast/slow the item sells, and then adjust your price accordingly. I would rather sell at 150, get it out of my shop fast, so I can get my hands on that money sooner and can then buy more bacon to make more pepperonis and keep selling them fast through my shop.

The smaller profits you get from selling at 150 will add up the faster you can move these guys through your shop. So by the end of the day, you will have made money. Lots of money!

I make 30-50k per day. On a good day I go a bit crazy and can earn more than 50k, easily

This is what I do now, sell at the lowest price I can afford to and then see how they sell and price up if I need too. For the extra 25 coins or so it is not worth stock sitting in the shop for hours and hours. If it is in the shop, it is not making money where as anything sold, even with a small profit margin, is making money.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast