Page 38 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: Leaderboard - The Spring Faire! 6 day event | EXPIRED

Quote Originally Posted by Tom2ndMate View Post
    I think what we are seeing here is the effect of the large Storm8 layoffs last month. I think we have overworked and overstressed S8 staff making mistakes. They seem to have forgotten that CS is played worldwide (not just in California), and so if the Baron sends out gifts worth hundreds of points just a few hours before the game ends at 4PM Pacific, there are lots of players worldwide who were asleep and missed using the gifts. Not to mention the California people who can't play while they are at work, so they missed the gifts too. And if the gifts really did only go to Android and not iOS players, well, it just confirms that junior S8 staff are making mistakes.

Other players have made excellent comments about how S8 needs to put more effort into the main CS storyline, and less time on poorly designed events. If S8 is really desperate for money, why not run a special promotion? I'd be willing to spend $5 for 40 gems (instead of the regular 120 gems) AND a promise to deliver a new Agnes and Old Thomas storyline in the next 30 days, assuming the special promotion raises at least $25,000 (or whatever S8 needs to make payroll).
    The fact that some got cherry trees & others didn't made this event completely inequitable, S8!! How could something so inexcusable occur?? You screwed up big time & owe everyone a dragon now even though I don't really want one. SMH!!
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Rhino Keeper
    What a horrible, horrible ending. In one of my games a couple of us stuck at 3000 and stopped, waiting for some of the others to catch up so we could all be first and get the dragon together Well they didn't, they caught up and went right on going as we got to the last hour or so. Nasty! No spirit of cooperation here. Forced to sprint at the end and use up the stored trees and energy crates I wanted to keep. I'm never going to participate in another's LB event - it's so much the opposite of what I've always thought this game was about.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by meme1098 View Post
    the fact that some got cherry trees & others didn't made this event completely inequitable, s8!! How could something so inexcusable occur?? You screwed up big time & owe everyone a dragon now even though i don't really want one. Smh!!
    TOTALLY AGREE w/Ms. Meme Lorrainne, cuz... SERIOUSLY!?!!!!... some players got 5 free trees!!?
    I'm calling FOUL!!!!!!
    How is it right that ALL players didn't receive them!?

At 20 gems a pop, not only were those 5 trees the equivalent of a free 100-gem gift, but if the fortunate players who received them also used the Knight's Nobility triple boost, those 5 trees were also worth 12 points/chop or 240 points/tree, or 1200! points total.

That is an INSANE advantage for only SOME players to be given, especially in the final hours of the event.
    If the trees were only gifted to Android players (as seems to be the case from what I've read so far), then it'd ONLY be fair if all Android players who received the freebies were partnered in groups ONLY with other Android freebie recipients.
    But were the groupings Android players vs Android players and iOS players vs iOS players???
    Somehow, I seriously doubt that.

This single inequity probably made the difference between A LOT of 1st & 2nd place &/or 2nd & 3rd place "winners".

Yeah....MAJOR FOUL, S8!!!!

I got the ugly dragon but still missed first place by 1124 points, which, coincidentally, I would have made with my active triple boost & FIVE FREE TREES!..
    So, I want my ding dang walla walla bing bang GOLD TROPHY!... or 100 gems put into my account. NOW! LOL

Same. I didn't get the 25+ boxes from the chests (I guess by accident?), instead I was forced to use the 25+ boxes I saved from the monster hunt. Never again. I'm bowing out the next event. My competitiors can have fun spending gems and or go crazy chopping trees. I'll just focus on expanding and the rest of my quests.
    Last edited by TwinklingSkies; 03-13-17 at 05:55 PM.

deleted
    Last edited by PrincessCupOButter; 03-13-17 at 06:46 PM. Reason: On second thought. Never mind. I don't believe S8 cares anyway.
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by storm8Arborea View Post
    I would be glad of anything for my third place instead of Zilch.
    I was seriously so happy when I got lapped for third place and got fourth instead. Third-place has the worst prizes in my opinion. A crappy decorative trophy and some trade tickets. At least in forth you get an energy box. I set a gem budget of 100 gems that I was willing to spend on this after how much I spent on the last one. It really took the stress off. When my budget was done I knew I was done and that was as high as I was going to go. These are truly the first timed events in Castle story history that I am not a fan of.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by BarfDump View Post
    well is took a TON of coordination but we pulled it off and 4 of us tied for second... would have been first but a last minute bottom of the board passed us haha
    Did you all get the dragon? If this works, I want to work this out with my next leaderboard group

Banned
    Just glad it's over. I got an energy crate and 5 permits and didn't spend any gems. I'm not buying any more gems until they give us a reasonable contest.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by kattkrazie View Post
    This type of event does bring out the worst in players. I decided that 2nd place was good enough since I only wanted the dragon, not a gold trophy and certainly not trade tickets. So I secured a comfortable 2nd place lead with 15,000 points. But apparently I spooked the first place player who had 24,000 points. So she spent last night getting up to 74,000 points which was certainly over**** considering I had stopped at 15,000 and 3rd place was sitting on 2,100. I fear leaderboards are here to stay but I don't enjoy them at all. It's a little too cut-throat for my taste. But money speaks louder than forum posters and I'm guessing the money pours in for these events.
    Kat, if I had you on my leaderboard, I don't know what I would have done, LOL 😂 . It must be either your reputation of a "fiercely fast" goal climber or your hoard of alicorns... one of those two things that intimidated that poor first place player. 😂

Nightclub Owner
    For those asking, YES if tied for first or second place all parties within will get that prize.