Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Appliance slots

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by MizCricket View Post
    I'm not sure how anyone can say it was ever profitable gem-wise to buy extra slots for gems unless there was something fundamentally different about the game back then. Gems are awarded at levels 2 and 4. The only thing having more appliances will do is get you to those levels quicker. It will never get you more than two gems per recipe.

Was that different in the past? Did you earn more gems for recipes beyond level 4 back when extra slots cost 24 gems? I've only played BS for close to 2 years now.
    I was wondering the same, and I've been playing for three! There was a way to earn gems the non traditional way, but I could never figure it out and the player who discovered it left. His name was fecsuper or something like that. Now THAT guy was legendary, but he played on rs. He's the guy who figured out most earning potential with math by floor layout.

Anyway, I'm sure TL figured it out by now and fixed this beautiful flaw, so no point speculating anymore,

Executive Chef
    A room in a house in a town in Southeast Kansas
    Maybe 'profitable' was the wrong word. 'Actually worth it for gathering gems faster', whatever the word is for that. =P

Maximum Appliances

Hi I wanted to know that if it?s worth spending 49 gems to unlock slots for ovens once you?ve reached the maximum you can have

That really depends on how you play. If you are happy with the amount of appliances you have, there's no reason to spend the 49 gems to open another slot (EACH extra slot you open is 49 gems. 1 slot per gem purchase). For myself, I like to have a lot of oven spaces available for the quests - I create 5 of each of the "main" goal ovens and then use my extra spaces to do the side goal. I tend to finish the goals in about 1 week that way (instead of taking the full 2) and then I use the second week to finish all the recipes to level 4. Other people may have different strategies and preferences.

Executive Chef
    Exactly as esleyoga says, it depends how you play. From the opposite standpoint, it's not worth it to me. 49 gems is too high a price for one extra slot, and it's too easy to build up tons of food with just the regular 18 slots that I don't want more. I can finish the goals & side goals without them, assuming I actually put in some effort. I save my gems for decor.

But if you want to master recipes as fast as you can, and don't mind the price, maybe more slots will work for you.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by heartbreaker78 View Post
    Hi I wanted to know that if it?s worth spending 49 gems to unlock slots for ovens once you?ve reached the maximum you can have
    Its worth it to me. I often find that I cannot complete all the recipes to level 4 before the next challenge comes along so its not unusual for me to have the last goal oven (sometimes the last two goal ovens) when the new goal launches, so I like a lot of appliance slots so I can cook with al of them at the same time.

Ok . So if I pay the 49 gems, does that just unlock one slot per 49 gems? That just seems like alot to have to do just to get one slot at a time.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by lovinovensbakery View Post
    Ok . So if I pay the 49 gems, does that just unlock one slot per 49 gems? That just seems like alot to have to do just to get one slot at a time.
    Spending the 49 gems only unlocks 1 additional appliance slot. So, if you're level 37 and can have 10 appliances out the 49 gems will give you the ability to place 11. On the upside, when you hit level 41 you'll still get another appliance spot regardless. Paying the gems won't interfere with the additional slots unlocking as you level up it just gives you a bonus slot.

49 gems is a lot for one slot but they do occasionally go on sale which is always nice.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234