Page 86 of 98 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: The Frog Prince Event | 21 Feb - 4 Mar | *info in post 1 and 2*

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyFinn View Post
    I have just caught up reading the 85 pages of this particular discussion in the forum and a majority of the posts are well-founded complaints and general unhappiness about this event.

It amazes me that there is not one single post from anyone working at S8. You would think with all this negative response towards an update that someone within the company would at least acknowledge that all these players - their customers - the people they rely on for the very existance of their brand, are trying to tell them something important. Over 98% of the posts or 980 posts pointing out problems and issues. That is a lot to ignore.
    It may be 980 posts but the vast majority are from the same people, and those people always complain so there really is only a few new ones.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyFinn View Post
    I have just caught up reading the 85 pages of this particular discussion in the forum and a majority of the posts are well-founded complaints and general unhappiness about this event.

It amazes me that there is not one single post from anyone working at S8. You would think with all this negative response towards an update that someone within the company would at least acknowledge that all these players - their customers - the people they rely on for the very existance of their brand, are trying to tell them something important. Over 98% of the posts or 980 posts pointing out problems and issues. That is a lot to ignore.

The reality is they're not big on customer service. They don't care if you are happy with the game or not.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerqueen007 View Post
    It may be 980 posts but the vast majority are from the same people, and those people always complain so there really is only a few new ones.
    I am not sure that is the case this time. There have been quite a number from people saying this is the first event they won't finish. That is different to what I have seen in the forum for previous events.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by cavegirl1 View Post
    I am not sure that is the case this time. There have been quite a number from people saying this is the first event they won't finish. That is different to what I have seen in the forum for previous events.
    I am one of those who usually is able to finish most events and, for this one, I will not even be close. Yesterday, when it was clear I would not be able to upgrade the pond to stage 10, I decided to get the cat. After, I continued to try to be able to upgrade.... sadly, since I rarely got more than 2 or 3 beastlings per day, it will be impossible for me to finish this event.

This has been a painfully slow slog. With 22 hrs left, I need 10 more cattails, 25 pond waters and 73 pond stones to upgrade the pond to Level 10, and 793 water lilies to get the frog.

I have one Swamp kitty which should produce 3 collections x 10 = 30 water lilies.

Even if I had a Level 10 pond, I'd need to collect 26 times to get the rest of the water lilies to get the frog = 52 hours. So that won't work. However, if I spend gems to speed the collections, it would cost 104 gems. This I can consider.

I'll need 10 cattails, which I think is possible, as well as the 25 pond waters. But more difficult will be getting 73 pond stones to upgrade the pond to Level 10. This seems pretty unlikely, given the dismal drop rates.

We'll see what chance (or Storm8) delivers. If I can get the materials to complete the pond, then I'll buy any gems I need to get the water lilies to secure the frog. If I don't have a Level 10 pond, I won't bother with the frog.

If I don't complete, it will be only the 2nd event I won't finish despite trying. The Griffin Roost was the other one. (Back near the beginning when I wasn't that attentive, I didn't finish the Glimmerbat Habitat, but I was able to rectify this later by spending gems to buy the missing bat.)
    Last edited by stygimoloch; 03-03-17 at 06:55 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cavegirl1 View Post

This event and the last one are the first two in years I haven't been able to finish.

Fashion Designer
    add another to the list of those who usually complete all goals but won't come close on this one. I even spend some gems to buy cattails because I just couldn't seem to get beasties to spawn most of the time. My pond is level 7 and I've never been this far from completing any goal I attempted before. They really needed to have more ways to get beasties to spawn I think.

Overall I'm quite frustrated and annoyed and wish I hadn't spent my gems.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lueann View Post
    add another to the list of those who usually complete all goals but won't come close on this one. I even spend some gems to buy cattails because I just couldn't seem to get beasties to spawn most of the time. My pond is level 7 and I've never been this far from completing any goal I attempted before. They really needed to have more ways to get beasties to spawn I think.

Overall I'm quite frustrated and annoyed and wish I hadn't spent my gems.

I got my gems for free and probably would have lost them in a gem trap. But I can't believe how far I am from finishing. At least I got the cat.

The frustration is general, terrible quest

New Resident
    four frogsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	225.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	167.1 KB 
ID:	36168