Page 13 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Story - Mining-56 expansions (IOS and ANDROID)

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by rrongway36 View Post
    For what it's worth, for some older players like me, the platinum dragon may be very very difficult to get. I've been playing since the beginning, so my dragons don't enter the evolution temple when they evolve to level 4, meaning that bombs don't drop from those evolutions. And in my case, much of my time prior to this update has been spent feeding and evolving my dragons to the epic level, so my island is full of habitats full of epic dragons. I don't have any dragons on my island lower than level 7, and the vast majority of my habitats are full with maxed-out dragons. This doesn't give me many opportunities to evolve more dragons, unless I sell/trade some of my epics and raise new ones, which isn't a super attractive option. I've tried hatching air dragons and evolving them to level 7, but so far, they haven't dropped any bombs. I think it would even the playing field a bit if teamlava tweaked it so that bombs could drop from level 4 evolutions for players whose dragons don't enter the evolution temple at that level.
    If you breed normally you can get the rare or super rare which tend to yield more bombs and dynamite. I don't think buying the cheapies will work. For an older player, I agree and see that the expansion aspect of this feature would be the most benefit. You make some good points and hopefully TL will take note so that all players, new, old, etc. can take advantage of the mine and enjoy it.

I've been playing a year, but due to the influx of new dragons had plenty to evolve, if not 3-4, from 6-7. I'm close to getting the platinum so I hope they don't end beta and remove it before we can finish. 200 was a high number to achieve considering the drop rates. I only used gold to buy 1 new play at the mine, but have used it to speed breeding and evolving. I do this occasionally anyway so it's nice to essentially get a reward for it. Takes the sting out of using it, as it's a precious commodity.

Fashion Designer
    One thing I didn't like and wasn't aware of is that if you get enough pieces to expand but don't do it right away and keep on mining then you don't get the left over pieces left in your storage. You start from 0 pieces again once you do expand. I kept mining at one point and when I finally did expand I lost all the extra pieces that I had. It was more than 10

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by doop01 View Post
    One thing I didn't like and wasn't aware of is that if you get enough pieces to expand but don't do it right away and keep on mining then you don't get the left over pieces left in your storage. You start from 0 pieces again once you do expand. I kept mining at one point and when I finally did expand I lost all the extra pieces that I had. It was more than 10
    I'm sorry that happened, and it's probably a glitch so it's good you reported it.

I don't think that's happening with my system as I already had a regular expansion in process and collected beyond the minimum stones for the first mine expansion. When I was able to expand I believe it only subtracted the amount of stones for the first expansion I don't recalling starting at zero for the next expansion. I have the exact same scenario in process again now and I'll double check the stone count and report back. Unfortunately it will take 3 days for that first expansion to finish.

I love that on the new island expansion is instant and there's no clearing. Wish we could have shorter expansion times on regular islands and lower cost clearing. It's a bit outrageous.
    Last edited by jaesha; 12-27-13 at 08:33 PM.

Fashion Designer
    Thanks for letting us know! I have an expansion in progress and will be able to do my 3rd mining expansion once that is done.. But now I have about 64 pieces, so I guess those 4 pieces will go to waste?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by danni7788 View Post
    Thanks for letting us know! I have an expansion in progress and will be able to do my 3rd mining expansion once that is done.. But now I have about 64 pieces, so I guess those 4 pieces will go to waste?
    You may be ok. I've since expanded again and have one piece left over in storage afterwards so maybe it was a one time glitch. I'll find out when I start it mine again I guess. Hope that your extras are still there for you when you do get to expand on it again.

Was this a suggestion from a forum member it sounds like I read this before

Fashion Designer
    Platinum egg

added to post 2 (KP)
    Last edited by kooky panda; 12-30-13 at 03:58 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    This didn't happen to me. I had three extra pieces and they rolled over when I expanded. However, I did wait until I was ready to expand after I realized it makes you wait to see how many you need for the next... I was expanding regular land and had to wait 3 days. Annoying

Executive Chef
    Platinum egg
    I want a platinum!

Rhino Keeper
    Please, a question for the developers. I am continuing to collect bombs from evolutions, but already have the platinum dragon, so haven't used them in the mine. I don't want to keep collecting the bombs if once the feature is fully released they will be deleted or replaced with something else. Should I save these or go ahead and mine for the benefit of the coin and food bonuses so the bombs won't go to waste?