Page 46 of 54 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: Event: Tropical Cruise Catering

Farm Supplier
    I got 2 quick serves yesterday from Luana and today 1! So unfair!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by 007war View Post
    I got 2 quick serves yesterday from Luana and today 1! So unfair!
    So much for the 2000 gem value, right?? S8 has absolutely no shame!

Executive Chef
    This hula girl needs to trade all her coins and quick serves and bring me some hammers!!! Next time their silly little cruise ship won't be so welcome that's for sure!!!
    Main id: squinn1981

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 441sogo View Post
    WAIT........WHAT?!?!?!?!?!? THE REFRESH TIME WAS DRASTICALLY REDUCED AFTER THE SHIP SAILED FOR ANYONE WHO STARTED THE EVENT ON TIME????? WHAT?!?!?!?!?!? I can't even believe this.....

I finished the quest and received the prize, only after playing the game non-stop on day 9 and 10 of the event. It was exhausting and not very much fun in the end, but you know what made it worthwhile? Going the course with some pretty awesome neighbors. Some finished like me, and some didn't. Those who didn't finish didn't give any less effort than I did, they just happened to receive orders towards the end that were impossible (either because there wasn't enough time or they had yet to learn them). They simply ran out of time, just barely missing the boat. You know what would have made the difference for them??? Being able to refresh every 5 seconds until they received orders that were doable. What do you plan to do for those players?????????

I would suggest putting some time back on the clock with the 5 second refresh time for ALL players who did not finish. Anything less would be unacceptable to me.
    To address this, this change wasn't arbitrary. The change was an emergency resolution for players who had an issue collecting Luana which caused their game to freeze and crash. We apologize for any inconvenience and understand your frustration, but we hope that people are able to understand that this was made to help players with a serious problem in the game.

We'll be evaluating this today for a better solution and to make sure players who completed but didn't get Luana receive their reward.

Thank you everyone for understanding!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by sashahoney View Post
    A lot of us feel the same way. How can S8 keep changing the rules of events and screwing over players that didn't get the same advantage?
    It's really terrible. Now the so called "Prize" is totally unbalanced, so again some players are getting better tips than others.
    It's truly pathetic that these people can't ever get anything right... Or balanced!
    Everyone who didn't get the 5 second refresh time should demand refund on the gems that they spent trying to finish the event and didn't mange to do so as they had the harsh 30 minute refresh time!
    What??? I must of been sleeping or something because I never seen the refresh being only 5 sec. OMG, now I am really mad. Since the cruise ended while it was 2am my time, I was in bed way before it ended

Executive Chef
    Lol! I feel kind of stupid now! I got to take advantage of the shorter refresh times and I still didn't complete it in time!!
    | FFS ~ Level 101 || RS2 ~ Level 44 || BS2 ~ Level 26 |

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    To address this, this change wasn't arbitrary. The change was an emergency resolution for players who had an issue collecting Luana which caused their game to freeze and crash. We apologize for any inconvenience and understand your frustration, but we hope that people are able to understand that this was made to help players with a serious problem in the game.

We'll be evaluating this today for a better solution and to make sure players who completed but didn't get Luana receive their reward.

Thank you for chiming in, but the person who posted the screen shot of the refresh time reduction was far from the end goal. LonePudding wrote "Refresh time is down to 5 seconds for anyone still going!!! I still have 410 gems to go with only 6 hours left " Changing the process to reach the end goal for a few, and not all, is what is problematic to me. If the change was really implemented to remedy those who completed the goal, but did not get the prize, why not just give them Luana?? And why did some (LonePudding) who hadn't completed it, receive the benefit of the change too???
    I'm no longer adding new neighbors. Invitations will be declined.

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Thank you for chiming in, but the person who posted the screen shot of the refresh time reduction was far from the end goal. LonePudding wrote "Refresh time is down to 5 seconds for anyone still going!!! I still have 410 gems to go with only 6 hours left " Changing the process to reach the end goal for a few, and not all, is what is problematic to me. If the change was really implemented to remedy those who completed the goal, but did not get the prize, why not just give them Luana?? And why did some (LonePudding) who hadn't completed it, receive the benefit of the change too???
    Anyone can experience the issue who is still on the event, so it wouldn't just affect players who had reached Luana -- but also players who are still in progress.

Fashion Designer
    Agree. And to add to this. I posted this collecting of Luana issue on 4/20 on the bug thread. U mean TL had what like 7 to 8 days and couldn't fix the issue ? Just saying ! I love CS and I'm a loyal TL fan but Im not thrilled with the way they "solve" problems as of late ! They just don't seem fair

Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post

If i had a 5 second refresh time, even in just the last 90 minutes of game play i would have completed the goal. Too many people had their time expire without this refresh time reduction. That is completely unfair. The best thing to do now is to reset everyone back three days and implement 5 second refresh at a fixed time in the game so everyone gets only the last few hours with 5 second refresh. That way there arent some people without the special refresh at all and some people with several days of it.