Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 11/23: 2018 Black Friday sales information

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by hagypagy View Post
    There was so much confusion with the end of this “Sale Event”.

Originally meant to finish at 6PM , removed early , reinstated til 10PM , finished at 8PM.
    Storm8 please pay attention to the details! Especially because we are all in different time zones.

I really enjoyed the limited discount on expansions!
    Managed to get 5 done!
    (the 5th was at full price as I was waiting on a Wisp Lantern to finish crafting)

There should be more in Castle Story that takes this approach - longterm release with a “discount” if completed in a timed period.
    I agree.. this would be very appealing.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Rhino Keeper
    It was probably dumb of me, but since I had enough lanterns & coins for the last two expansions on sale, I went ahead & bought enough gems to substitute for the remaining expansion permits I needed (3 on each plot). My white flyger has never dropped an expansion permit--I didn't know it even could! But my birthday/party goat did I am very pleased with how my kingdom is looking. I hope S8 sees how much we want/like/will work or pay for trade tickets & expansion/explorer permits. Enough with the crowns & walkers please!

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by sdwombat View Post
    It was probably dumb of me, but since I had enough lanterns & coins for the last two expansions on sale, I went ahead & bought enough gems to substitute for the remaining expansion permits I needed (3 on each plot). My white flyger has never dropped an expansion permit--I didn't know it even could! But my birthday/party goat did I am very pleased with how my kingdom is looking. I hope S8 sees how much we want/like/will work or pay for trade tickets & expansion/explorer permits. Enough with the crowns & walkers please!
    I second that! :-)

Fashion Designer
    The expansion plot discount was one of the better things that S8 has done lately. Unfortunately it was not publicized very well. I might have missed it completely had not a neighbor mentioned it. Came to the forum and found out where they were. Having just done two expansions and using 17 permits, I only had 8 left. I chose to do the ones with the regular permit requirement of 6. Better to save 3 than 1. One of my white flygers dropped a permit and I got #3. Did a lot of fishing, bacon gathering, cow milking, poultry molesting and non stop trades. Doing the math, I figured out I couldn?t get all three remaining ones without some lucky drops. I did get one more permit from the first collection of the Black Friday white flyger I splurged and bought. I was in the middle of getting the last permit for #5, when the early shutdown happened. Permit should have been finished and there was 2 hours left???? Happened to come in an hour later and it was finished. A neighbor and forum clued me in BUT there was still the discrepancy between Elsa?s post of 8pm and the expansion plot screen of 10pm. Come on S8, don?t you communicate with each other. I do appreciate the rapid response with correcting the early shutdown.

Enough of the crowns. I?m at 24/20 walkers with a bunch in storage. The last few ?rewards? walkers were added over the cap. I?d love to see permits and/or tickets as the milestone prizes in there community events.

This is not pretty, as I said. I was not trying to make a monetary down payment on the lots. On a contrary, wanted to pay them off on a discount. Just as Spirit Wind suggested.

Imagine a bank does that! Right is right and wrong is wrong.

Code is purposefully written. None of this is random. If you think it is, try code for a minute.

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CharmOfLea View Post
    This is not pretty, as I said. I was not trying to make a monetary down payment on the lots. On a contrary, wanted to pay them off on a discount. Just as Spirit Wind suggested.

Imagine a bank does that! Right is right and wrong is wrong.

Code is purposefully written. None of this is random. If you think it is, try code for a minute.
    To eliminate any speculation that there's a sinister objective re:coding, that's not how it works. Castle Story was released in 2012 and along with it, expansions have rules that have to be followed. They are connected to a lot of the game and require special care to meddle with. In an effort to do something special for the community (we were pretty excited!), we made best efforts to have best case scenario and understandably, the benefit ends when the promotion ends. However, if the negative feedback regarding the final timer outweighs the positive sentiment of the limited time reductions we can share the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDeeBird70 View Post

Enough of the crowns. I?m at 24/20 walkers with a bunch in storage. The last few ?rewards? walkers were added over the cap. I?d love to see permits and/or tickets as the milestone prizes in there community events.
    I love the idea of permits or tix instead of crowns. I admit I have purchased one decorative walker and the rest have had a side task. I do enjoy the sub tasks that you get to work on at your own pace. That being said, I just keep stockpiling crowns as there really isn’t anything I want. I only have two walkers out.

Now enough of that, I love my crab that I bought for Black Friday. It has a nice water and mermaid scale drop and has helped my balance in my kingdom.

Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    To eliminate any speculation that there's a sinister objective re:coding, that's not how it works. Castle Story was released in 2012 and along with it, expansions have rules that have to be followed. They are connected to a lot of the game and require special care to meddle with. In an effort to do something special for the community (we were pretty excited!), we made best efforts to have best case scenario and understandably, the benefit ends when the promotion ends. However, if the negative feedback regarding the final timer outweighs the positive sentiment of the limited time reductions we can share the feedback.
    Yes, please. Share the feedback that I was trying to buy the lots at a discount and not to make a “down payment”. And if anything is supposed to be understood, it helps tremendously to share the rules of engagement ahead of time and NOT after the fact. Which, again, is not pretty. You said sinister.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    I think we all loved the opportunity to open plots at a discounted price. The issue is with communication and execution. Even after the 1st timer mistake, the fix ended an hour earlier than it should have. Us long time players get tired of the back and forth. This is not the 1st time something like this has happened and when we spend our hard earned money (during holidays when many of us are on a tight budget) we expect to get our moneys worth.

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CharmOfLea View Post
    Yes, please. Share the feedback that I was trying to buy the lots at a discount and not to make a “down payment”. And if anything is supposed to be understood, it helps tremendously to share the rules of engagement ahead of time and NOT after the fact. Which, again, is not pretty. You said sinister.
    Thanks for responding. I'll share the feedback re: unclear messaging.