View Poll Results: Overall, I enjoyed this storybook event? | *5 day timed poll*

Voters
590. You may not vote on this poll
  • I completed the event

202 34.24%
  • I didn't complete the event

345 58.47%
  • Agree

40 6.78%
  • Neutral

106 17.97%
  • Disagree

350 59.32%
  • I didn't participate

8 1.36%
  • I didn't craft an Onyx Boar

37 6.27%
  • I crafted 1 or more Onyx Boars

481 81.53%
  • I started on day 1

314 53.22%
  • I started on day 2-3

169 28.64%
  • I waited till autostart

52 8.81%
  • I spent gems/money on this event and completed it

167 28.31%
  • I spent gems/money on this event and DIDN'T complete it

231 39.15%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 28 of 146 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 7/13 - Storybook event | The Crystal Realm |

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by olcastle View Post
    Thank you! If it's 1 crystal per every collection than it'll take 2.5 days (60 hours) to get 15, playing 24/7. We can always hope we'll get enough extra from the temple and adventures but it's so unreliable and surely some of us will not be that lucky.
    Chapter 7, Goal 5 is upgrading the Onyx Temple to level 7. It requires 15 onyx pearls. I didn't get up during the night, so this will take me longer than 2.5 days. I noticed that they they are selling the Onyx Pearl for 250 gems. I am a gemmer. I usually spend a good amount of gems to finish these events early, so I am not in a crazy frenzy at the last minute. I will not spend the 250 gems as this is pretty steep. Also I am not getting anything good from adventures or the temple.

I have enjoyed this game since I started playing. I wish the developers were more imaginative and creative. All the prizes anymore are replicas of earlier prizes. Nagas are all the same, just a different color. This purple dragon as the final prize is the same as the Spring Dragon from a contest, just a different color. I look back at seeing past items that I don't have when visiting neighbors. Many were beautiful and very artistic. I wish S8 would go back to that model instead of throwing an event at us every week for prizes that are copies of things we already have. Sorry, just venting.

Executive Chef
    This is def an intense event. And the drops from the prizes don't necessarily seem worth it. But I will keep plugging along and trying. Going to send out a other adventure to see if I can get a second dahlia. If s8 would give it a reasonable gem price like 40 or 50 then I would buy one. But not 100.

Day 4 is essentially a 20 hour chapter if you don't gem speed. So remember to start an adventure before you end chapter 3 so that you can have that one ready to go when you start chapter 4. I did that and then sent out my second adventure and my goal auto completed so I went ahead and got a dahlia. Effectively cutting 4 hours off of my day 4 required time.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by comeseecomesah View Post
    All previous to this is in post #1
    CHAPTER 7
    Goal 4
    Make crystalized nectar x 1...potion shop...2hrs.... 10x scorched petal. 5x onyx petals. 1x scorched wing.
    Goal 5
    Upgrade temple to lvl 7..
    2x crystalized beam
    2x crystalized block
    15x onyx crystal
    2x crystalized nectar (ingredients above in goal 4).

CHAPTER 8
    Goal 1.. find onyx boars x 3
    Goal 2.. visit the tavern x 2
    Goal 3..give pasta to Thurston x 7(don't forget to tap 'GIVE') (Skip is 10 gems each one)
    Goal 4..Journey to scorched mountain x 1
    Goal 5.. Upgrade temple to lvl 8...
    2x crystalized beam
    2x crystalized block
    15x onyx crystal
    2x crystalized nectar.

CHAPTER 9
    Goal 1..Ask neighbours for Onyx scrolls x 20 (skip 160...decreases as collected)
    Goal 2..Visit community kingdoms x 40
    Goal 3..Forge the onyx emblem....magic forge..4 hrs (skip 45 gems) ......10x onyx crystals....5x silver....10x iron ores
    Goal 4..Upgrade temple to lvl 9....
    2x crystalized beams
    2x crystalized blocks
    2x crystalized nectar
    2x onyx emblem.

CHAPTER 10
    Goal 1..Visit farmhouses x 5 ( it says 'get rid of boars',but just tapping farmhouses counted)
    Goal 2.. Give hearty feasts x 4 (skip 20)
    Goal 3.. Conjure a summoners orb...magic forge...4hrs...10x empty orbs. 5x silver. 10x onyx petals
    Goal 4..Upgrade temple to lvl 10...
    1x summoners orb (the one you made in goal 3)
    2x onyx emblem
    3x crystalized beam
    3x crystalized block.

This is as correct as my notes are but human brain error does occur sometimes.

Sorry for any bad news but at least you know and can decide to do or not!
    Personally I would not have gemmed ahead or spent any gems at all if I had known the rediculous drop rates. In fact I would not have participated.
    Hopefully Onyx pearls will drop for you! They didn't for me, so I only have 1 to collect from and it's very frustrating.
    GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Thank you so much! SW
    Wow! That is really bad!!! As if Chapters 4, 5 and 6 aren't hard enough with a total requirement for 50 onyx petals which drop one at a time if you are lucky from a 2 hour collection(and rare drop from 2 hour adventure or 8 hour temple collection)...

Now they've gone and "doubled down" and made the rare item(in addition to onyx petals) a 4 hour collection with 70 onyx crystals required!?

Thank you so much for the heads up! Guess that means multiple onyx boars are the grand prize for me. 

Think I corrected the numbers based on comeseecomesah's updated steps.... My math is 20 Onyx Crystal(chap 10 for 2 emblems) + 20 Onyx Crystal (chap 9 for 2 emblems) + 15 Onyx Crystal(chap 8 upgrade temple) + 15 Onyx Crystal(chap 7 upgrade temple). 70 x 4 hours(assuming my luck of getting no more drops from adventure/temple) = 280 hours. That seems doable in 4 24 hour days... NOT!!!
    Last edited by netwiz3; 07-17-17 at 07:19 AM.
    🐲 ⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️ Proud member (#73) of the Thuakie Sword Society ⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️ 🐲

Wielder of the Mighty Sword of Fire & Ice 🗨⌨🐲⌨{🏟}======🔷=======>

Rhino Keeper
    For those of you who have gemmed ahead, THANK YOU. I do have a question on the Summoners Orb. Is it correct that it is 10 crystals, 5 silver, and 10 ore -- which is the same as the Onyx Emblem?

Fashion Designer comeseecomesah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BufftonHeights View Post
    For those of you who have gemmed ahead, THANK YOU. I do have a question on the Summoners Orb. Is it correct that it is 10 crystals, 5 silver, and 10 ore -- which is the same as the Onyx Emblem?
    Soo glad you noticed that! I was in too much of a rush to post it.
    Chap10, goal 3 should be...
    10x empty orbs (from onyx pearl)
    10x onyx petals
    5x silver

Just hope I havnt made any more booboos!

Fashion Designer comeseecomesah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by netwiz3 View Post
    Wow! That is really bad!!! As if Chapters 4, 5 and 6 aren't hard enough with a total requirement for 50 onyx petals which drop one at a time if you are lucky from a 2 hour collection(and rare drop from 2 hour adventure or 8 hour temple collection)...

Now they've gone and "doubled down" and made the rare item(in addition to onyx petals) a 4 hour craft with 65 onyx crystals required!?

Thank you so much for the heads up! Guess that means multiple onyx boars are the grand prize for me. 

You're welcome...but I made an error...
    Chapter 10, goal 3...'Conjure a summoners orb' should be...
    10x onyx petals
    5x silver
    magic forge 4hrs.

I have amended my original post and it would be good if you could delete your copy so people won't get wrong data from my silly error.

SPIRIT WIND... Sorry but you will need to correct your post 1 to change the above requirements for chapter 10, goal 3.
    I feel so bad getting it wrong! all fixed!

I shouldn't post when fuzzy headed and lack of sleep!
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 07-17-17 at 01:37 PM.

Fashion Designer
    Is anyone else having trouble getting their requests for help to count? I have logged in several times, but only 3 requests out of the 11 on my log have posted. This could be a problem, as I only sent 20 requests all together.
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #60
    Life is sweeter with friends! Journey on...

Quote Originally Posted by comeseecomesah View Post
    Soo glad you noticed that! I was in too much of a rush to post it.
    Chap10, goal 3 should be...
    10x onyx petals
    5x silver

Just hope I havnt made any more booboos!
    Thanks for posting this & taking the bullet to the end. Unless regeneration times are shortened or drops guaranteed or increased, this will be completely impossible for most players to complete (me included).

Quote Originally Posted by Stymie52 View Post
    Chapter 7, Goal 5 is upgrading the Onyx Temple to level 7. It requires 15 onyx pearls. I didn't get up during the night, so this will take me longer than 2.5 days. I noticed that they they are selling the Onyx Pearl for 250 gems. I am a gemmer. I usually spend a good amount of gems to finish these events early, so I am not in a crazy frenzy at the last minute. I will not spend the 250 gems as this is pretty steep. Also I am not getting anything good from adventures or the temple.

I have enjoyed this game since I started playing. I wish the developers were more imaginative and creative. All the prizes anymore are replicas of earlier prizes. Nagas are all the same, just a different color. This purple dragon as the final prize is the same as the Spring Dragon from a contest, just a different color. I look back at seeing past items that I don't have when visiting neighbors. Many were beautiful and very artistic. I wish S8 would go back to that model instead of throwing an event at us every week for prizes that are copies of things we already have. Sorry, just venting.

I'm also disappointed as well that S8 has reverted back after creating some good will with players over the last month or so. The formula for 3 or 4 goals & monsters have all been the same for over a year now, maybe 2. The newest storyline goal was created with over the top requirements (like Sinister Sister) to keep it in our goal book as long as possible & quiet the roar for more storyline. They don't have a template for storyline. Storyline doesn't need to be that complicated at all & doesnt 'have' to require crafting new items. I do wish when I decide to call it quits (& that may be sooner than later) I could gift items to my fantastic neighbors.
    Last edited by meme1098; 07-17-17 at 06:12 AM.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Quote Originally Posted by danzplace View Post
    Is anyone else having trouble getting their requests for help to count? I have logged in several times, but only 3 requests out of the 11 on my log have posted. This could be a problem, as I only sent 20 requests all together.
    When requests are involved, I do a lot of force closing. Hopefully that is helpful for you.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by danzplace View Post
    I had the same issue. They all eventually do come in, so hang in there.