Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ruby Crown Dragon Battle Tournament September 27 2019

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by amerirish View Post
    By my count there are 6 champs in this tourney - for those who keep track of these things, is that normal? Seems excessive to me
    There's 7 champs and it is excessive for a 30 round tournament.

Executive Chef
    i only decide to do this one because i like how the prize looks. but this is ridiculous
    i'm using my videos to battle repeatedly. but i would rather use these things to possibly earn food
    -shortdanzr aka wicked red
    [Though she be but little, she is fierce]

*accepting new neighbors. I answer all requests, but don't visit daily

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by shortdanzr View Post
    i only decide to do this one because i like how the prize looks. but this is ridiculous
    i'm using my videos to battle repeatedly. but i would rather use these things to possibly earn food
    I hear ya. I've decided that I prefer to use the videos for food and the occasional adventure ticket rather than battles, but I've been trying for this dragon on all 3 of my accounts and only got it on one so far.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by mymonta View Post
    I hear ya. I've decided that I prefer to use the videos for food and the occasional adventure ticket rather than battles, but I've been trying for this dragon on all 3 of my accounts and only got it on one so far.
    it has taken me forever to get from level 20 to now level 29
    -shortdanzr aka wicked red
    [Though she be but little, she is fierce]

*accepting new neighbors. I answer all requests, but don't visit daily

I finally finished, I really struggled with this tournament. My Nefertem 10 and Osiris 14, were really the mvps, they took down the last four champions. After battling Ruby Crown in the last round, idk if all this was actually worth it lol I like the coloring but it's smaller than I thought it would be.

Farm Supplier
    One of the most difficult tournaments i have been in for a long time! Despaired of finishing on time. Got stuck on multiple dragons for 6+ rounds (once an entire day). All this for a super rare, not even an ultra rare or champion. Very disappointed that the game very rarely seems to offer champions in the battle ring now.

I also used my croconile to bring down ruby crown in the last battle after losing once with my neo glasswing.

Would appreciate it if some of you might give me advice about which dragons you have found to be the most valuable in the battle ring. I would like to buy one using the codex but am undecided on which ones are the best for the battle ring.
    Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Good luck to those still battling!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by lovalilycole View Post
    One of the most difficult tournaments i have been in for a long time! Despaired of finishing on time. Got stuck on multiple dragons for 6+ rounds (once an entire day). All this for a super rare, not even an ultra rare or champion. Very disappointed that the game very rarely seems to offer champions in the battle ring now.

I also used my croconile to bring down ruby crown in the last battle after losing once with my neo glasswing.

Would appreciate it if some of you might give me advice about which dragons you have found to be the most valuable in the battle ring. I would like to buy one using the codex but am undecided on which ones are the best for the battle ring.

Hi Lovalilycole! Thank you for the good luck wishes! I should just let skyharbor602 respond to your your query as he is one of the most knowledgeable forum members re: battling. If you look around, you will find some threads devoted specifically to which dragons are some of the best. I think there are a couple threads where people asked which champions they should craft, and skyharbor was able to make a list of 1st tier, 2nd tier, and 3rd tier recommendations. There is also "ADIPS," which I prefer to turn around into "SPIDA." lol! ADIPS stands for Achilles, Diamond, (darn, I am forgetting the I), Passion, and Soccer. Keep in mind, though, that different dragons seem to perform with different success rates in different parks. For me, Passion doesn't do a whole heck of a lot. My go to is Gilded Knight, which is only 400 Essence pure champion. Neo Valiant and Neo Glasswing as well as regular Glasswing are all rated highly as well. I have also been having good luck in general with my pink type dragons.

I hope this helps, and I'm sure other people will chime in with their recommendations as well.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lovalilycole View Post

Hey lovalilycore,
    First I want to say welcome to the tournament forums. As mymonta stated I have gotten pretty good with the tournaments over the years I've played Dragon Story. I want to tell you a few of my tricks to the tournaments.

1. If you have the ADIPS dragons (Achilles, Diamond, Infinity, Passion and Soccer) they can be your best friend against champions. All the ADIPS dragons except Soccer can be crafted with essence if you are missing any. They may be useful but they may not depending on your island.
    2. If you have none of these, no fret, the basic dragons (Fire, Air, Forest, Water and Magic) can be very effective when raised to level 15. I've won a couple of tournaments using high level single element dragons.
    3. There are a few second tier dragons that can be pretty good against champions. Those are Pyramid, Metal and Dark.
    4. Sometimes I look at the color of the champion dragon itself and choose a dragon that would win against that color. Example: Forest for Black Knight.
    5. When all else fails, I suggest the disposable Fire/Forest strategy. Use level 1 of those dragons and sell them when they lose. Wash, rinse and repeat.
    6. If your champion is a hybrid (ex: Cleric or Dread Captain), pay close attention to the 2nd element and choose accordingly. Cases where that wouldn't be effective are dragons where the second element is champion like Defender, Odyssey, Black Jackal or Croconile.
    7. The battle chart on page one is extremely helpful.
    8. Sometimes using dragons that other players used can help. This is why I encourage people to post their results as I do. Sometimes my dragons may not work for others.
    9. I go into tournaments with confidence that I will win the prize dragons. I never go into battles with dread because all dragons can be beaten. I'm glad you kept plugging away to eventually win the tournament. It takes patience to do it.
    10. Using a previously released Dragon Tales or Tournament dragon can be effective too. I used Fungi a lot and he's one of my best battlers.

All in all, find a way to have fun during tourneys and approach them that way. Me, I sometimes do theme tournaments like this one where I used all Egypt type dragons. In the past I've used all Heart and I used all single element common dragons. These were fun and creative.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by skyharbor602 View Post
    Hey lovalilycore,
    First I want to say welcome to the tournament forums. As mymonta stated I have gotten pretty good with the tournaments over the years I've played Dragon Story. I want to tell you a few of my tricks to the tournaments.

1. If you have the ADIPS dragons (Achilles, Diamond, Infinity, Passion and Soccer) they can be your best friend against champions. All the ADIPS dragons except Soccer can be crafted with essence if you are missing any. They may be useful but they may not depending on your island.
    2. If you have none of these, no fret, the basic dragons (Fire, Air, Forest, Water and Magic) can be very effective when raised to level 15. I've won a couple of tournaments using high level single element dragons.
    3. There are a few second tier dragons that can be pretty good against champions. Those are Pyramid, Metal and Dark.
    4. Sometimes I look at the color of the champion dragon itself and choose a dragon that would win against that color. Example: Forest for Black Knight.
    5. When all else fails, I suggest the disposable Fire/Forest strategy. Use level 1 of those dragons and sell them when they lose. Wash, rinse and repeat.
    6. If your champion is a hybrid (ex: Cleric or Dread Captain), pay close attention to the 2nd element and choose accordingly. Cases where that wouldn't be effective are dragons where the second element is champion like Defender, Odyssey, Black Jackal or Croconile.
    7. The battle chart on page one is extremely helpful.
    8. Sometimes using dragons that other players used can help. This is why I encourage people to post their results as I do. Sometimes my dragons may not work for others.
    9. I go into tournaments with confidence that I will win the prize dragons. I never go into battles with dread because all dragons can be beaten. I'm glad you kept plugging away to eventually win the tournament. It takes patience to do it.
    10. Using a previously released Dragon Tales or Tournament dragon can be effective too. I used Fungi a lot and he's one of my best battlers.

All in all, find a way to have fun during tourneys and approach them that way. Me, I sometimes do theme tournaments like this one where I used all Egypt type dragons. In the past I've used all Heart and I used all single element common dragons. These were fun and creative.
    Thank you - this is so helpful, as are all your battle posts. I do tend to stick with 'tried and tested' such as Glasswing, Diamond, Chakra, Black Knight, Rainbow Sentinel and Prime Eterna. Also use Neo Air, and now Neo Fire.
    Dragon Story - Iceland, Fantasy Forest Story - Saint Mary

Farm Supplier
    Thank you to mymonta, greywagtail and skyharbor602! Really appreciate you taking the time to respond. I will try to find those other threads you mentioned too.

Skyharbor, what wonderful tips & advice you responded with. Your answer really needs to be posted somewhere prominently...maybe in the wiki page on battling? It is full of great advice and guidelines! I took a screenshot & will definitely be taking your advice to heart.

Thanks again for all the help you gave

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast