Page 20 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 11/19: Whipped Into Shape | event information on page 1

Quote Originally Posted by RonjaR82 View Post
    Yes, I think so too.
    I fought 4 Gnomes Chefs now and only got 1 Glimmer Cinnamon.
    Yes, the drop rate on cinnamon is extremely low. Which is annoying when you are spending gems on chef traps.

Quote Originally Posted by Stymie52 View Post
    I take pictures of the Goals, and I still get mixed up sometimes. It's a lot of information to process all at once.
    It almost feels like this event was designed by people who are not familiar with the game or CS gameplay.
    Last edited by robotparade; 11-21-20 at 08:11 AM. Reason: typo

Fashion Designer
    So the fae spice from the fae kitchen is random? I didn't get any from my first collection. When you do get fae spice is it only a max of one? That's going to drag things out.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ratdogs4 View Post
    So the fae spice from the fae kitchen is random? I didn't get any from my first collection. When you do get fae spice is it only a max of one? That's going to drag things out.
    At first, I got nothing 4 times in a row. Then I finally got one and then got nothing 3 times in a row. Now I am getting the Fae Spices on every other collection. And yes, it is only one per collection.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ratdogs4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by robotparade View Post
    Yes, the drop rate on cinnamon is extremely low. Which is annoying when you are spending gems on chef traps.

It almost feels like this event was designed by people who are not familiar with the game or CS gameplay.
    Yes, fae spice and glimmer cinnamon drops are rare but you need only 8 fae spice and 16 glimmer cinnamon in total, possible in the week and half left of this event. Even 3 sugar potions for every Ivy?s hut collection is do-able in worse case scenario, as you only need 40 in total. It just means you have to check-in the game for most days of the event at least every 4h. What is quite mind-numbingly boring and tedious even when you have a load of energy to spare, are the chef hats required for chef crafts. 1000 if you want 1 troll chef and 1 gnome chef. I can do that as I don’t work and have a large stash of energy but that is a lot of time tapping and fighting spawns and the chef drops are not too impressive either. Nice to have the rare drops from the adventures but if you are short of energy/gems/time for babysitting game, then focus on completing the main do-able goals to get Myra which is an energy dropper, IMHO is the best prize.
    Last edited by zoroak; 11-21-20 at 10:06 AM.

I just got my first collection from the Fae Kitchen and it was only one spice. Now I need to wait four hours for the next collection. I think that I will focus on getting one of the chef pets. I don?t see finishing this event unless I spend gems on a 2nd kitchen and a 2nd cauldron, which I won’t
    Last edited by robotparade; 11-21-20 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Because CS turns punctuation into other, wrong punctuation

Rhino Keeper
    I guess I don’t understand I need to get the gold berries and so I bought the gold bush and I got l gold and all the rest red. Is this natural. So how do I get the gold ones. Thanks for your help

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by purrdue5 View Post
    I guess I don?t understand I need to get the gold berries and so I bought the gold bush and I got l gold and all the rest red. Is this natural. So how do I get the gold ones. Thanks for your help

From the description, the Golden bush has a higher chance of finding Gold Berries.

Whether that small increase is worth 20 Gems... depends on your in-game energy supply and how much time you can spend chopping, I suppose. The fact that you found 1 out of 20 chops to be a Golden Berry would be a higher drop rate since it can take easily way more than 2 regular cranberry bushes to find 1 Golden Berry normally. However, we need lots of (regular/red) Cranberries for the main questline anyway.

Personally i'd stick to the 1,000 Coin regular Cranberry Bushes, as coin is easier for me to replenish than gems.
    Keep in mind that we only need to do the Adventure once if you're just trying to check off the optional side goal, but if you're going for the Special prizes and will have to do many runs gem cost would add up quick ^^'

Good luck! ❤️
    Last edited by stormaurora42; 11-21-20 at 11:19 AM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by robotparade View Post
    I just got my first collection from the Fae Kitchen and it was only one spice. Now I need to wait four hours for the next collection. I think that I will focus on getting one of the chef pets. I don?t see finishing this event unless I spend gems on a 2nd kitchen and a 2nd cauldron, which I won’t
    I didn't get the second cauldron and I am almost finished crafting everything. It is truly not necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Stymie52 View Post
    I didn't get the second cauldron and I am almost finished crafting everything. It is truly not necessary.
    Cool. I guess for me it is more the issue of the boredom from finishing the event. I really want the little gnome chef because I have gnomes in my kingdom and I love the way they look. I am not interested in trying for the final energy dropper because that’s too many chefs hat for me to get.

Fashion Designer
    Two gnome chefs and one fangbeast from collection of 20 farmhouses.

Four troll chefs from 60 corn collections.
    Last edited by ladlasse; 11-21-20 at 12:28 PM.
    Kingdom is Nancelot. I play regularly and try to be very swift to respond to requests.