Page 18 of 47 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 10/24: Misunderstood Medusa | event information on page 1

Quote Originally Posted by Rosewood_Keep View Post
    Still no gold nugget. I have decided to call it quits on this event.

S8, it seems incredibly unfair to require a rare item at the very beginning of the event. It is one thing for the optional adventures but completely different to be the gatekeeper to an entire event.

Best of luck to the other players.

(The gold mine sounds nice, I hope it comes back to the market at some point.)
    I may be giving the benefit of the doubt, but I would consider looking at it this way: In the past, events have called for gold nuggets toward the end after people have spent thousands of energy, setting alarms, using up all of their resources.

Players requested that such roadblocks be up front so that people don't get so close to the end and then realize they're missing a hard-to-come-by ingredient. They felt trapped. If you don't have two nuggets on hand or the resources that provide them now, you likely won't make it through and better to figure that out now than after sleepless nights.

The first year or so of this game I could never finish events, or I had to spend a ton of gems to be able to. That's par for the course. Maybe it'd be worth them looking at a model of making the events more accessible, but I think that for now, they are geared for advanced players.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDeeBird70 View Post
    Making the re-gnome craft 2 does not take away from the count of fighting the angrier gnomes. I?m at 46/48 and have made 3/6. The craft uses the torches.
    Yes, what I am saying is building up to the 96 total torches now (by fighting 96 gnomes now) is not a bad idea, is it? I also have 3 of the spell but understand I'll need 9 more based on this thread. If I can use up my energy and start benefitting from the batches of 40 that'd be worth it, but I don't want to spend hundreds of energy collecting torches "too early."

Executive Chef
    Goal 9 screenshot: ( Parts of it are missing on first page so far):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Goal 9.1.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	124.7 KB 
ID:	53580Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Goal 9.2.jpg 
Views:	598 
Size:	118.7 KB 
ID:	53581

Executive Chef
    I'm going for my 96 torches while waiting on the flowers. I hope it works out. I have about 80 now.
    PeachTree, I think I understand your concerns. It should be okay though. Shouldn't it ?
    Edit: redid my math. I have 70 torches now and I need 10 more for my potions taking into account potions I have already made.
    Then I can store my cottages.

Adding also- I wondered why I was getting requests from some neighbors this morning. Now I see why.
    Last edited by riverly; 10-26-19 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Math

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by gilachaya View Post
    Goal 11

Visit Watchtowers 0/1
    Fight off Angriest Gnomes 0/1
    Gather Ripped Coats 0/1

Goal 12

Fight off Angriest Gnomes 0/120
    Gather Ripped Coats 0/10
    Prepare Re-Gnome Spell (0/12)

Re-Gnome Spell
    10 Ripped Coats, 5 Iron Ores and 50 Diamondhead flower buds

Gingerbread Watchtowers spawned Angriest Gnome
    Lantern Spires spawned Angriest Gnome but Gingerbread Spires did not spawn Angriest Gnomes
    I hope it really is only 12 re-gnome3 spells and we don't need 12 more in the next goal.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by HuckleTown View Post
    I hope it really is only 12 re-gnome3 spells and we don't need 12 more in the next goal.
    I was thinking the same thing.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by riverly View Post
    I was thinking the same thing.
    This will be brutal. Assuming that Angriest gnomes will very likely take 20 hits? ( Not there yet so I'm just assuming). 120 x 20 = 2400 energy on fighting them alone. I really do hope it is not half of the actual requirements later. Like goal 8 and 9 are.

Exclamation FYI re: ANGRIER (not the Angriest) gnomes

The ANGRIER gnomes are NOT JUST spawned from cottages (don't forget to put out your "ice cream cottages") but ALSO: Library, Jewelers....Check your 'Town' type buildings--Immediate spawn/15 hits.
    Hopefully this'll help someone Good luck
    Last edited by pocopicasso; 10-26-19 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Mixed up gnome types
    THANK YOU moderators & forum participants for the invaluable help!
    The trouble with trouble is, it starts out as fun
    FF ID: AaAPocos
    DS ID: CB's DraGoons
    CS ID: CB's Kingdom

Angrier Gnomes are spawned from cottages, jewelers, libraries.

Angriest Gnomes are spawned from Watchtowers, Spires, Taverns, Knights Hall.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Quote Originally Posted by pocopicasso View Post
    The ANGRIER gnomes are NOT JUST spawned from cottages (don't forget to put out your "ice cream cottages") but ALSO: Library, Jewelers....Check your 'Town' type buildings--Immediate spawn/15 hits.
    Hopefully this'll help someone Good luck
    p.s.
    NOT spawned by Tavern, Marketplace, Towers, Chateau, Mills
    THANK YOU moderators & forum participants for the invaluable help!
    The trouble with trouble is, it starts out as fun
    FF ID: AaAPocos
    DS ID: CB's DraGoons
    CS ID: CB's Kingdom