Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Egypt Types & Habitats

Rhino Keeper
    I'm a bit late, but I'd also like to express my dissatisfaction at the fact that Pyramid is now a hybrid. I raised mine to level 15, and the only reason for doing so was because of its advantage against level 20 champion type dragons in the arena.

Please don't tell us you made this change because some people couldn't find the habitat in their storage or accidentally sold it or whatever. A simple solution to that would have been to sell the Hidden Oasis habitat in the market. I suspect the real reason you're doing this is because you think too many people would have an easier time with tournaments, since Pyramid was relatively easy to obtain and feed to level 15 compared to the other Champion type neutral dragons. Maybe you lose out on some gold that people would have spent on tournaments if they didn't have Pyramid to help them out, but in the long run, you're creating dissatisfied customers who will quit the game in frustration because they're sick of having to spend gold to get through every tournament.
    Last edited by Limequat; 06-18-17 at 11:41 AM.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Limequat View Post
    I'm a bit late, but I'd also like to express my dissatisfaction at the fact that Pyramid is now a hybrid. I raised mine to level 15, and the only reason for doing so was because of its advantage against level 20 champion type dragons in the arena.

Please don't tell us you made this change because some people couldn't find the habitat in their storage or accidentally sold it or whatever. A simple solution to that would have been to sell the Hidden Oasis habitat in the market. I suspect the real reason you're doing this is because you think too many people would have an easier time with tournaments, since Pyramid was relatively easy to obtain and feed to level 15 compared to the other Champion type neutral dragons. Maybe you lose out on some gold that people would have spent on tournaments if they didn't have Pyramid to help them out, but in the long run, you're creating dissatisfied customers who will quit the game in frustration because they're sick of having to spend gold to get through every tournament.
    The only thing that bothers me about this solution is, why would you have given it out in the first place?! It's not like they didn't know how valuable it was!
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 06-18-17 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Removed swear words
    No longer active on this forum. Wishing the players good luck on the events and tournaments.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Limequat View Post

Idk. It's not like the ADIPPS give that much of an advantage that the developer would intentionally nerf one (and only just one? so far, at least- but, if they start nerfing the others...) At level 15, the pure Pyramid only had a 25% chance of winning against a high level Champ. That's not terribly impressive and, because of the way the battle algorithm works, it can still take 20+ rounds to hit the odds jackpot against that Champ. Sure, 25% odds are better than 10% odds, but it's not really a game changer. If the pure Pyramid had a like 40+% chance of winning, and players were just mowing down level 20 Champs, I could see the developers wanting to nerf it. But, that wasn't the case.

I think this is more of a bumbling, lazy mistake, and not a nefarious plot. It is very possible the developers didn't understand the significance of the Pyramid's typing. When they made the Pyramid, it was simply the pure dragon of that limited type (every type has a pure dragon or two), and I doubt offensive battle odds were on the designers' minds back then. Plus, the layoffs. How deeply do the employees currently working on DS really understand the game? Judging by the all the strange bungling of the events in the past few months, I'd say not well.

If tournament revenues are indeed declining, I'm inclined to think it's due to event fatigue. I'm a long time player and stopped trying to complete the tourneys a couple months ago. It's just too much with all the other high-stress events. Something had to give. For me (and several of my neighbors) it was tourneys. I don't need any more Champs, I have enough of them and habitat space is limited. The recent non-Champ bosses have been nothing special, imho. The gold rewards disappeared, too. Because of all this, I have zero incentive to complete tourneys- and I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way. I do the easy rounds to complete Bingo tasks and to collect pieces for the crafted dragon, but that is it. And I don't miss the tourney-stress one bit.

I am glad newer players have a chance to win Champs. That's really the only positive thing I can think of to say about the current state of tournaments. If a boss comes along who really knocks my socks off, I'll complete the tourney...but sadly, that hasn't happened in a long time.
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 06-18-17 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Removed 3rd party site comments

Fashion Designer
    I chalk it all up to laziness and impatience. Some players couldn't be bothered to look around at what they had, and sold off their prizes before they understood the long-term benefits. We have another Egypt type dragon coming from the current World Event, so the whining about only having one dragon in the habitat doesn't hold water either. They could have gotten more Egypt types if they were so inclined, anyway, or just have left Pyramid and the Hidden Oasis in Storage for a rainy day. Then S8 took the easy route to appease those people, penalizing the rest of us, without a second thought, apology, or attempt to rectify the situation.

I've been opting out of many things since they did that. It's not something that is easy to forget.
    What happens to all of these dragons that we sell? Do they go to good homes or is there something more sinister afoot?

Quote Originally Posted by kureka View Post
    i swear i will never purchase gold from this game again, i'm so pissed atm, you know saving all your foods to feed an ugly dragon to level 15 for nothing
    We know how you feel

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567