Thread: Tell Storm 8 to let us delete unwanted gifts!!

New Resident

Tell Storm 8 to let us delete unwanted gifts!!

Wouldn't it be great to be able to delete unwanted gifted parts? We all start out not knowing what to accept, or accepting them, then wishing we hadn't. LOL we need to ask Storm 8 to let us delete them. They should want us to as well, save space on the servers.

Grand Emperor
    Interesting suggestion. As for me, I rather keep my unused parts in case I need them someday. They don't bother me.

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar
    I second this suggestion! I'd love to get rid of unwanted parts. I still have some in my Gifts tab that can't be used anymore, simply because the appliances that used them at one point are either off the market or were never unlocked for me to begin with.

@rynetory2 I can understand your diplomacy as a moderator of this forum, but I hope you're joking. The pattern for new appliances for the better part of the last year has been Oven Element + some brand new, one-time-use-only part. They don't even use once-basic parts like paint, nozzles, screws, or fuses anymore.

I stocked up on a lot of these one-time-use parts over the past year thinking they'd be used again. They haven't, of course, and in some cases, I've stocked up more parts than would be required to build the maximum number of appliances. Unless Storm8 plans to reintroduce them as parts needed for constructible appliances/decor, I'd love to toss them. On Android, I have to scroll through my Gifts tab to the end to see my most recently accepted gifts, and I'd rather scroll through 5 pages than 13.
    ~ Forum Moderator for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story ~

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    Having an issue with your game? Contact Storm8 Support
    Forum Rules: Check Here!
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by rynetory2 View Post
    Interesting suggestion. As for me, I rather keep my unused parts in case I need them someday. They don't bother me.
    but it does bother some of us!

i think they tend to annoy android users more than iOS, as from previous discussion it seems like old gifts end up at the back of the list for iOS. as an android player, whenever i want to see how many x i have or serve some capp, my whole first screen's worth of gifts are relay batons and jump boards and stuff that i have never been able to use and wouldn't have accepted if i knew then what i know now. the other gifts i've been slowly clearing out myself by carefully building appliances, but i'd really like to just delete them!

as i've suggested before, if deleting is too much hassle to set up, just make a new decoration that uses old parts! i would build it no matter how little i liked the final product! for every 4 parts outside of the basics, add one statue that uses 10 each. then everyone who wanted to could clear out.
    Last edited by twospoons; 01-27-16 at 02:21 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    pendav03@ Sometimes you have to keep unwanted parts when you need them someday. You can also, gift back the gift you got sometimes. But, sometimes you got to keep them when you unlock a goal from the past.
    Storm 8!

I'm on an android and I have to scroll through at least 15 pages to get to my new gifts. I would love to delete all the old unwanted parts or build new machines with the parts that I have. I have so many useless parts. The majority of the parts that I have are for machines that aren't even being offered anymore to the new players.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by 214sed View Post
    pendav03@ Sometimes you have to keep unwanted parts when you need them someday. You can also, gift back the gift you got sometimes. But, sometimes you got to keep them when you unlock a goal from the past.
    You don't gift parts from your gift inventory. Old goals have never been unlocked, once a goal is over its done. Unless you are talking about building more old goal appliances from goals you actually did.

Rhino Keeper
    I couldn't possibly care less about the unused parts in my gift inventory. It's not like I ever look at my gifts anyway. (I'm on Android, FWIW.)

However, people should be able to delete them if they want to.

Quote Originally Posted by pendav03 View Post
    Wouldn't it be great to be able to delete unwanted gifted parts? We all start out not knowing what to accept, or accepting them, then wishing we hadn't. LOL we need to ask Storm 8 to let us delete them. They should want us to as well, save space on the servers.

I back this up! I've excepted gifts I thought I'd use but havnt. And I'm out of space. I need to delete some. Please add the delete option on excepted gifts!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerman81 View Post
    I back this up! I've excepted gifts I thought I'd use but havnt. And I'm out of space. I need to delete some. Please add the delete option on excepted gifts!
    If you're concerned about running out of space you don't have to worry. I believe you can have something like 38000 of each item before it won't let you accept anymore of that one item. But yeah, if it is a bothers people to have items they won't ever use then they should be able to delete them.

I personally don't think there will ever be any changes made to this game going forward. I think how the game works now is all its going to be.