Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Egyptian Cruise Catering Event

Quote Originally Posted by calilive213 View Post
    Mine hasn't. I notice it never asks for recipes from the pizza oven or valentines oven either.
    Yeah, I've noticed the same. Wish I didn't have a counter filled with thousands of coins of meat lovers pizza

Fashion Designer
    I've mastered both the Shawarma and Kebabs. There aren't any goals for these items, so my theory atm is that they are just an opportunity to earn extra stars AND have some variety in dishes to make.

As for the poorly named Chocolate Pyramid Cake (which in the pop-up before starting the cruise is referred to as "Pistachio Pyramid Cake") it looks to be a permanent addition upon successful completion of the ten-day cruise event. I REALLY hope there isn't some discrepancy, like the dish looks chocolate, is called chocolate but then the recipe asks for pistachios... so when we get Nefertiti and she visits, I sure hope she doesn't drop cocoa beans. I could kinda see this happening.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitelove19 View Post
    I've mastered both the Shawarma and Kebabs. There aren't any goals for these items, so my theory atm is that they are just an opportunity to earn extra stars AND have some variety in dishes to make.

As for the poorly named Chocolate Pyramid Cake (which in the pop-up before starting the cruise is referred to as "Pistachio Pyramid Cake") it looks to be a permanent addition upon successful completion of the ten-day cruise event. I REALLY hope there isn't some discrepancy, like the dish looks chocolate, is called chocolate but then the recipe asks for pistachios... so when we get Nefertiti and she visits, I sure hope she doesn't drop cocoa beans. I could kinda see this happening.
    I'm thinking that mastering those two dishes will have something to do with the two part goal in which you have to complete the Egyptian challenge first and then maybe master those recipes as step two. Idk just a thought.
    Main id: squinn1981

Quote Originally Posted by mamareader02 View Post
    Thank you for volunteering for your community!my dad(a senior)volunteers 6 days a week at our local recycling drop off,just received an award for hours ,signed by Obama,at a lunch awards
    Good for your dad. I have an uncle who is 90. He still volunteers at the hospital and for service groups.if no one else will chair a group, he steps up. One night he was out parking cars for an event.

Fashion Designer
    Note that each day costs a different number of gems to "finish now" (in middle of screen).
    Typically a 1-coin dish only counts as 5 gems & a 4-coin dish counts as 60 gems towards that daily cost to "finish now".

Accordingly it is helpful to know how much credit you get for the various number of coins for each day to better plan which to complete, which to deliver, which to save for tomorrow and which to refresh.

It is also worth noting that BEFORE delivering your last dish for 'today' it is helpful to also fill the other two orders being asked for and/or refresh those items until they are ones you can do and count as either 3 or 4 coins to give you a head start on 'tomorrow'. Also good between days to stock up on long-cook, high-credit dishes like french dip sandwich, baked potato, and for higher levels lobster thermidor, tuna casserole, etc.

To not have dishes sell-out to customers that you would rather save for the cruise, I recommend having only one chair out. This will sell food at a very slow rate.
    Blocking one's door has been discouraged by TL saying it is connected to glitches involving whole counters of food disappearing completely. (I had this happen after blocking my door and will not be doing it again.)

Here is a summary of the values of different dishes for each day. :-)

Day 1: 75 gems required to "finish now"

4 coins = ? (Maybe 48?)
    3 coins = 26/27 gems
    2 coins = 11 gems
    1 coin = 3 gems

Day 2: 150 gems required to "finish now"

4 coins = 60 gems
    3 coins = 35 gems
    2 coins = 15 gems
    1 coin = 5 gems

Day 3: 200 gems required to "finish now"

4 coins = 60 gems
    3 coins = 35 gems
    2 coins = 15 gems
    1 coin = 5 gems

Day 4 & Day 5: 250 gems required to "finish now"

4 coins = 60 gems
    3 coins = 35 gems
    2 coins = 15 gems
    1 coin = 5 gems

Typically the gem-value of each dish increases as the total gems required increases, but for the last few days this is not the case. I think we will see changes moving forward, but who knows?!?!
    Last edited by infinitelove19; 06-09-15 at 12:49 AM.

Executive Chef

I think you're being funny but not sure, just woke up and haven't had my coffee yet, but in case you're really asking, the description said Nefertiti will drop pistachios for the cake and the cake will earn you gems

Executive Chef
    Note that each day costs a different number of gems to "finish now" (in middle of screen).
    Typically a 1-coin dish only counts as 5 gems & a 4-coin dish counts as 60 gems towards that daily cost to "finish now".

Accordingly it is helpful to know how much credit you get for the various number of coins for each day to better plan which to complete, which to deliver, which to save for tomorrow and which to refresh.

It is also worth noting that BEFORE delivering your last dish for 'today' it is helpful to also fill the other two orders being asked for and/or refresh those items until they are ones you can do and count as either 3 or 4 coins to give you a head start on 'tomorrow'. Also good between days to stock up on long-cook, high-credit dishes like french dip sandwich, baked potato, and for higher levels lobster thermidor, tuna casserole, etc.

To not have dishes sell-out to customers that you would rather save for the cruise, I recommend having only one chair out. This will sell food at a very slow rate.
    Blocking one's door has been discouraged by TL saying it is connected to glitches involving whole counters of food disappearing completely. (I had this happen after blocking my door and will not be doing it again.)

Here is a summary of the values of different dishes for each day. :-)

Day 1: 75 gems required

4 coins = ? (Maybe 48?)
    3 coins = 26/27 gems
    2 coins = 11 gems
    1 coin = 3 gems

Day 2: 150 gems required

4 coins = 60 gems
    3 coins = 35 gems
    2 coins = 15 gems
    1 coin = 5 gems

Day 3: 200 gems required

4 coins = 60 gems
    3 coins = 35 gems
    2 coins = 15 gems
    1 coin = 5 gems

Day 4: 250 gems reauired to "finish now"

4 coins = 60 gems
    3 coins = 35 gems
    2 coins = 15 gems
    1 coin = 5 gems

Typically the gem-value of each dish increases as the total gems required increases, but for the last few days this is not the case. I think we will see changes moving forward, but who knows?!?!
    This is a HUGE help! Thank you for posting it. I almost sent out a hard earned 4 ship (coins) item when I only had 15 gems left on the progress bar. Thank you guys for posting this info yesterday and making me realize this more efficient system. Now if the refresh was only a few minutes and not half an hour.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by ghjvcucjb View Post
    This is a HUGE help! Thank you for posting it. I almost sent out a hard earned 4 ship (coins) item when I only had 15 gems left on the progress bar. Thank you guys for posting this info yesterday and making me realize this more efficient system. Now if the refresh was only a few minutes and not half an hour.
    You are most welcome. Happy to help! :-)

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by ghjvcucjb View Post
    I think you're being funny but not sure, just woke up and haven't had my coffee yet, but in case you're really asking, the description said Nefertiti will drop pistachios for the cake and the cake will earn you gems
    I wasn't being funny... more that I find it funny (strange and peculiar) that they are calling it CHOCOLATE Pyramid Cake, when by all indications it is a PISTACHIO Pyramid Cake. It is like they were going to do one, then changed their minds, but only changed half the coding/labels involved. I am just concerned that the ingredient required and the ingredient actually provided may not match. I'm sure they'll fix it, but will they also change the name and picture so it is consistently Pistachio Pyramid Cake, or perhaps stick with Chocolate, change the recipe and have Nefertiti drop cocoa beans. It's just bizarre.

Rhino Keeper
    I have to give this one up. i just leveled up to 25 and I get too many requests for stuff I haven't been able to unlock.

Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast