Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Perfect Paradise Leaderboard Event- August 30 2016

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by JDanil07 View Post
    In the last leaderboard event I came very close to the last milestone, and would have gotten there if I hadn't ignored the Arctic Isles. This time I'm working the Arctic Isles as well as my two nests, in hopes that I can complete the milestones.

I'm in second place in my group, with just over 4600 points. I'd rather be anywhere between third and sixth, to win maps and food. I hope somebody starts boosting.
    I have never gotten the last milestone, so I hope you get it

Like you, I also hope to be 4-6th place, but doesn't seem like I'll catch up to 6th guy since he is leading by 2k from me, and as I've said in my previous posts, my top 5 guys are leading by more than 10k from the 6th guy, so I really have no chance to get that 6th place. So I hope you'll get it too!
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by icre8mylife View Post
    There is so much negativity and criticism here about gold spenders and using boost that I feel the need to put my 2 cents worth in. I have 2 accounts and am #1 on both. I have 3 nest, 2 dens and 2 evolution temples on both islands. I also use Arctic isle on my bigger account that actually has less points than the smaller one without the Arctic isle. I have been using the smaller boost, generally twice a day. Sometimes only once, depending on how many things are ready at approximately the same time. I have no desire for 1-3 place. What I do desire is Firefly, Aquamarine and Hula on both accounts. As I stand right now, I am only 192 pts away from Hula dragon on my smaller account due to breeding a Gold and Crusader dragon. I no longer need to boost there because I now know I will get all milestones which has been my goal all along. On my bigger account, with the Arctic isle I have not even reached Aquamarine yet so will continue to boost there till I am close enough to get Hula without boosting. My point is, and I do have one, please don't be a hater just because some of us use gold to boost our points, or question our competetivness or sense of fair play just because we can and choose do so. I am competing against no one. I am merely competing against the clock to get the final milestone dragon. I have never won 1st or 2nd place and have no desire to do so. My hope is that once I stop boosting, others will pass me and I will end up in 4-6 place which is what I consider the perfect place for me and what I hope to achieve. Life is about choices. That's what makes life interesting. We all choose how we want to play the game based on our desires and/or income. If you choose not to spend gold because either you don't have it or do and simply don't want to then that is your choice. I on the other hand, do have it and want to, so it is my choice to do so. Please stop judging players on their choices. I don't judge players for not spending gold so please don't judge those of us who do.
    My intention is not to offend anyone with this message. I just want objecting players to see both sides of the coin.
    To be honest, I really have no problem with people spending money

I was merely stating the fact that I won't be spending money or my free gold saved up, that is all that I wanted to say
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons

Host(ess)
    I have 50 Palm trees in my storage, I did rotate the starting point each time,still no luck. Anyway, I reached the final milestone and got my hula dragon few hours ago, I don't care what I get from the wheel anymore.

Rhino Keeper
    I splurged on the 2.5 boost which I don't usually do, but I haven't had as much chance to play as I usually do and I really love the Hula dragon. Before boosting I was towards the bottom of the list, now I'm in 2nd place, which doesn't make a difference to me. Once I have the milestones the only other thing I'm really interested in is food. Since I haven't even reached the habitat yet and I'm 2nd I guess I'm not in a really competitive group. I can see that having a second evolution temple could be very helpful...I could use leaderboard to work on evolving dragons to trade for gems which I never seem to be able to get to. Doesn't take too much food to bring them just to level 4. Good luck to everyone! Wondering how well the overlapping event thing is going to work.

The problem is not so much about the gold spenders but the way the leaderboard is designed.
    There is no way for a non gold spender to get first or second place.

Fashion Designer
    Whatever happened to separating iOS and Android players?

Quote Originally Posted by Kennedward View Post
    To be honest, I really have no problem with people spending money

I was merely stating the fact that I won't be spending money or my free gold saved up, that is all that I wanted to say
    I truly was not trying to signal you or any one person out. Hence, I did not reply to anyone in particular. What I am going to say now is also NOT directed towards you. I'm just making another defensive statement. I read the boards almost daily, but I have to feel pretty strongly about something to actually post. I wanted to post this same statement on the last leaderboard thread because the same bashing against players that spend gold to reach their goals was going on then as well as all past leaderboard threads. I'm pretty much of a live and let live kinda gal and being judgemental is not what I'm about. Today, I just had enough of the criticism and judgement against those of us who choose to play the game the way we want to play it. There has even been insinuations that some of us are *****ing and we are not really winning, but buying our way up. What glory is there in that? I just wish some of the players making these comments would see that this is just a game. Nothing more, nothing less. The boost are a legitimate part of the game. They are there for you to choose to use them or not. It's your choice. This Leaderboard event/competition has caused so much discourse in the DS community. As stated in my previous post, I'm not competing against anyone! I'm sure the players on my leaderboard would beg to differ, however, I just wanted the last 3 milestone dragons bad enough to boost my chances of getting them. So I did and I now have them on one of my accounts. I'm still 2000 pts away on my other account and would never reach my goal without using the boost. We all (except those who really like it) need to take the word COMPETITION out of the Leaderboard event and just treat it like any other event. Not everyone can earn the final prize in DT. Not everyone can win the final tournament dragon, nor get enough parts to craft the dragon from 100 battles. Some can't get enough bombs for parts from the mines to craft the featured dragon. And last but not least, not everyone will get the leaderboard dragon. Just play your game the best way you can and you get what you get. Just like any of the other events.
    Okay, I am getting off my soap box now before players start throwing rotten tomatoes and knock me off. I think you get my point. Ouch! Who threw that?
    My disclaimer. This is not intended to criticize, demoralize, ostracize, compartmentalize, accuse or abuse any known person living or dead.

It's the design of the event that makes it competitive. Only 2 players in each board get the prize dragon.

On the contrary, the other events, like the battle tournaments, dragon tales, or the mines, allow players to decide how they wanna play. They can choose to spend gold to complete the events easily or challenge themselves to complete the events the hard way without spending any gold. Either way is possible.

In the leaderboard event however, there is no way a player can obtain the prize dragon if he/she chooses not to spend any gold, unless he/she is incredibly lucky to be in a group of non spenders. The design of this event is skewed to favor spenders, and completely disqualifies non spenders.

I hope you understand the difference.
    So there is no way we can take the word COMPETITION out of this event because the event in itself is a competition... well, unless you don't care much about the prize dragon, then it becomes just like any other events like you said.

Nothing against gold spenders, just thought the design of the event could be better.

Executive Chef
    Got Hula so I'm done with the event! I got points from the wheel again and went to 8238 but it didn't trigger Hula. Then I hatched an egg and thankfully that triggered her. I didn't have to spend any gold so I'm happy - this is the first time I didn't even use a boost. I'm 11th now and have no intention of trying to climb higher. Of course I will keep breeding, hatching and evolving for the world event and Sulfur though.

Good luck to everyone in the final days!

Edit: I didn't keep a running count, but I estimate I got about 2000 of my points from the wheel so far. I got very small amounts until number one on my board reached 14 000 points. That seemed to make all the difference and I started getting 200 points or more every time I spun points. I had less than 5000 at that time.
    Last edited by Sandybellee; 09-07-16 at 02:00 AM.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by icre8mylife View Post
    I truly was not trying to signal you or any one person out. Hence, I did not reply to anyone in particular. What I am going to say now is also NOT directed towards you. I'm just making another defensive statement. I read the boards almost daily, but I have to feel pretty strongly about something to actually post. I wanted to post this same statement on the last leaderboard thread because the same bashing against players that spend gold to reach their goals was going on then as well as all past leaderboard threads. I'm pretty much of a live and let live kinda gal and being judgemental is not what I'm about. Today, I just had enough of the criticism and judgement against those of us who choose to play the game the way we want to play it. There has even been insinuations that some of us are *****ing and we are not really winning, but buying our way up. What glory is there in that? I just wish some of the players making these comments would see that this is just a game. Nothing more, nothing less. The boost are a legitimate part of the game. They are there for you to choose to use them or not. It's your choice. This Leaderboard event/competition has caused so much discourse in the DS community. As stated in my previous post, I'm not competing against anyone! I'm sure the players on my leaderboard would beg to differ, however, I just wanted the last 3 milestone dragons bad enough to boost my chances of getting them. So I did and I now have them on one of my accounts. I'm still 2000 pts away on my other account and would never reach my goal without using the boost. We all (except those who really like it) need to take the word COMPETITION out of the Leaderboard event and just treat it like any other event. Not everyone can earn the final prize in DT. Not everyone can win the final tournament dragon, nor get enough parts to craft the dragon from 100 battles. Some can't get enough bombs for parts from the mines to craft the featured dragon. And last but not least, not everyone will get the leaderboard dragon. Just play your game the best way you can and you get what you get. Just like any of the other events.
    Okay, I am getting off my soap box now before players start throwing rotten tomatoes and knock me off. I think you get my point. Ouch! Who threw that?
    My disclaimer. This is not intended to criticize, demoralize, ostracize, compartmentalize, accuse or abuse any known person living or dead.
    Yea I simply stated what I was trying to say because some players may get the wrong idea from my posts

I don't hate this event in general, I don't participate because I don't have the time nor the gold to compete with people in my group, that's all
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons