Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Rhino Keeper
    Xmas (Xmas Lion) is strong against Treasure-Golden retriever
    havent read all the posts, but think it could be a small help

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by epinederose View Post
    Xmas (Xmas Lion) is strong against Treasure-Golden retriever
    havent read all the posts, but think it could be a small help
    Thanks for the confirmation, I really appreciate it!

I'll be updating this post starting in a few hours (just have to finish with some work first) and it will most likely be an ongoing thing for the next few days thanks to the current tournament.
    Currently playing Fantasy Forest Story, Dragon Story and Bakery Story 2. Feel free to add me if you need neighbors to trade with.

Account ID #1: chippychan (FFS name: Ethereal Refuge)
    Account ID #2: LadyRyujin (FFS name: Ethereal Meadow)

Host(ess)
    This is super helpful! Is it still being updated?

I'm not sure if this is answered somewhere already, but based on this theory I was wondering if and how your fighter's other elements play into effect that you don't actually use to battle. for example, if i'm going up against an "earth-fire" opponent and am trying to decide which animal to use (lets assume the rarity and level are the same for all). By the chart recommendations i does using an animal with "earth-water" components provide more of a chance of getting a critical hit than using an animal with only one of those elements ... like water-nature but only using water to actually fight? or conversly, the chart says don't use fire but would using an animal who has fire as one of it's elements but not actually using that element in the fight somehow effect its chances? I hope that makes sense. I was just curious. thanks!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ekat1985 View Post
    I'm not sure if this is answered somewhere already, but based on this theory I was wondering if and how your fighter's other elements play into effect that you don't actually use to battle. for example, if i'm going up against an "earth-fire" opponent and am trying to decide which animal to use (lets assume the rarity and level are the same for all). By the chart recommendations i does using an animal with "earth-water" components provide more of a chance of getting a critical hit than using an animal with only one of those elements ... like water-nature but only using water to actually fight? or conversly, the chart says don't use fire but would using an animal who has fire as one of it's elements but not actually using that element in the fight somehow effect its chances? I hope that makes sense. I was just curious. thanks!
    The odds of determining if an attack will be a Critical Hit uses both elements from your animal as well as the opponent. So a combination where both elements have a Strong Attack vs the opponent has a better chance of getting a Critical Hit than if one is Strong and one is Neutral. It doesn't matter which element you use for your attack once you have chosen your animal for battle. The calculation for the Critical Hit doesn't involve the element that you choose to battle.

Sandscape figured this out early on and all of my experience has shown this to be true even if it doesn't seem logical to design it this way. One thing that convinced me this was true is that in one Battle, I selected an opponent and before I could even select an element for attack, I was awarded the 2 tokens for a World Event that was on and it caused me to have enough tokens to win a prize. So I dismissed the prize screen and then selected my battle element, received the expected Critical Hit and won the round.

See the following thread for an excellent explanation of how the Battle Arena/Battleground works.

https://forum.storm8.com/showthread.p...e-Battleground
    Last edited by ninasidstorm8; 03-13-16 at 02:32 PM.