Page 1 of 61 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Changes - Please leave feedback!

Designer of Worlds

Upcoming Changes - Please leave feedback!

Hey Guys!

We have a MAJOR update coming in the near future for City Story Metro, and I wanted to get your feedback on what we're planning. Please give me your honest feedback in this thread, and I'll do my best to answer questions and concerns you may have.

Here's what we've got planned:

As an FYI: This is an update that will require a client update, so as stated in prior posts, you can likely expect it to be a couple weeks away at least.

- iphone 5 wide-screen support will be available. Some low end devices may no longer work with the game due to Apple's requirements for iOS 6 compatibility. If you're affected, there's unfortunately nothing that can be done other than upgrading your device. We can help transfer your game data to a new device though.
    - We're adding in Mystery Boxes which will be both for gems and coins. We'll be starting with mystery boxes that have Halloween and xmas items in them. All mystery boxes will generally have either exclusive unreleased items or wonders in them as the most rare item.
    - Players will be able to build a jewelry store that will allow them to collect 1 gem for free every day. We'll likely give one of these away to new players to help keep them interested in the game. If its easy and possible, I'll try to get older players to get one for free as well, possibly as a gift or added automatically in your storage. No promises though. Players will also be limited to 2 of these at the most.
    - Industry contracts will be overhauled. Players will have timers from 1 minute to 24 hours. (10 contracts per industry for the industrial plant and the idea factory). The caps on goods and the # of industry buildings you can have will be scaled out for players up to level 50. Any player beyond 50 will have to be a bit patient for the rest of the playerbase to catch up.
    - A new Industry building will be added - the City Planner's Office. This is a special building that will allow you to create parts and permits. The time to make them is still being determined, but likely will be 8, 12, or 24 hours. You'll only be able to have 1 of these buildings for now.
    - Expansion costs will be repriced and overhauled. The initial few expansions will not require permits, and the overall costs, time to expand, and # of permits required will be adjusted across the board.
    - The first 10 levels of community buildings that had their parts removed, will likely have them added back. This is because you can earn them a lot easier now from gifting and the City Planner's Office.
    - Overall parts requirements for all community buildings and wonders will be rebalanced. It's likely you'll see a increase in costs for higher level buildings, but that's due to the expectation you'll have more neighbors to gift them, and the fact you'll be able to make them as well.
    - The chance of getting free energy from community buildings will likely be reduced from 100% to a lower value. I wouldn't expect more than a 25% chance reduction.
    - Gifts are back for neighbors, and will have all parts and permits available. The old xmas parts will be removed.
    - When visiting a community member, you'll be able to request they become your neighbor without needing to know their Storm8 ID.
    - All Residences, Businesses, and Decorations beyond level 5 can be unlocked early for gems. This will not charge them immediately, but instead will trigger a popup window for confirmation. (Basically this is not a 'gem trap'.) Anything unlocked will still need to be purchased for its price. Right now I'm pretty sure we don't show the price of unlocked items, so you may accidentally unlock a gem only item. I'll try to get this fixed in time but I can't make any promises.
    - A bunch of new quests are being added. It's election time, and you have a challenger you need to beat to stay the mayor of your town!
    - All items are being rebalanced and redistributed across the board. Anything previously a gem item will remain the same. Some old coin items may now be a gem item. Level requirements for most items below level 40 will be the same. Items beyond level 40 may change to fill gaps in levels below.
    - All residence/business timers will likely be adjusted as well for the most part. Goal will be to have a lot of short term timers, with some longer term ones sprinkled in as well.

Please leave your feedback below!

Edit-KP- Adding MHz_ spreadsheet for easy reference. Remember is it a work in progress!!

Quote Originally Posted by MHz_ View Post
    PLEASE READ BEFORE CLICKING!

I have yet to do a full pass on ensuring that I didn't make a gem item into a coin item. If you see any of those instances, feel free to leave a comment on the doc and I'll fix it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...N1VRWFE#gid=11

Feel free to leave any other questions/comments, and I'll do my best to explain things.
    Last edited by kooky panda; 06-25-13 at 02:16 PM.

Oh my gosh MHz_! This is a lot of work!
    I appreciate you writing this to us in terms of people who really don't understand tech language.

With all these changes, it sounds like City Story Metro will be a completely new game! I love all the changes and can't wait for the new goals.

However, I do not want Mystery Boxes!!!! Can the "Mystery Box" slot in the Market be replaced with a "Special" slot where the Jewelery Store and City Planner's Office would be available for purchase instead? I enjoy having full access to every item made.

How low will the high leveled buildings be placed at though? For example, the American Diner at level 85, will it be around somewhere more reasonable, like level 40, maybe?

Will the prices of the older and also newer content be adjusted? I'm trying to save my coins to buy one Wonder, but I always buy every coin building each week. It's now becoming a set back though because I spend about 50-60,000 coins. Will the gem priced content also be lowered to more reasonable prices? Especially the items that are only 1x1!

I read last week in a previous thread that you planned for the newer players to be able to master one level each day, making gameplay more involving; and the 50+ players be able to master one level every two days. Is this still going to be a new change to the game? I would enjoy if it was if the content wasn't changed to different levels.

Is gifting gems a future plan? Is gifting neighbors a future plan? And is helping out in a neighbor's city 6 times going to be a change?

Thanks!

MHz_, please don't mind the question about high leveled buildings.

Other than that. I love all the planned changes!

Rhino Keeper
    I was kind of hoping there wouldn't end up being mystery boxes, because I also think it's nice to be able to have everything easily available. But.... If there is going to be Halloween and Christmas boxes, I'm stoked! Is it new items, or last years items? There were a bunch of things I didn't get last year (ESP Halloween) because I was new to the game.

Everything sounds great, thanks so much for all the work you're doing! It's very exciting.

Designer of Worlds
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbux3 View Post
    However, I do not want Mystery Boxes!!!! Can the "Mystery Box" slot in the Market be replaced with a "Special" slot where the Jewelery Store and City Planner's Office would be available for purchase instead? I enjoy having full access to every item made.
    Why don't you like them? We're just allowing you a chance to get old stuff that's not available anymore. It's likely that we'll put items from upcoming content releases in a mystery box as well, so that players who like to gamble can get them early. We're also adding in some fun boxes that will cost coins and give you a chance to gamble for a chance at a Gem item or a wonder. The goal of these will be to sink up excess coins player's don't have anything to spend on

How low will the high leveled buildings be placed at though? For example, the American Diner at level 85, will it be around somewhere more reasonable, like level 40, maybe?
    We're targeting lvl 55 for businesses, level 38 for residences, 40 for community buildings, and 31 for decorations.

Will the prices of the older and also newer content be adjusted? I'm trying to save my coins to buy one Wonder, but I always buy every coin building each week. It's now becoming a set back though because I spend about 50-60,000 coins. Will the gem priced content also be lowered to more reasonable prices? Especially the items that are only 1x1!
    Yes. Our pricing will definitely adjust a lot. It will be repricing for all items of coin and gem cost.

I read last week in a previous thread that you planned for the newer players to be able to master one level each day, making gameplay more involving; and the 50+ players be able to master one level every two days. Is this still going to be a new change to the game? I would enjoy if it was if the content wasn't changed to different levels.
    Hard to say at this point. I'll be evaluating how much players are earning in xp per day, and i'll see about looking at the energy timer rates to balance that. Keep bugging me to give you a good answer on this please.

Is gifting gems a future plan? Is gifting neighbors a future plan? And is helping out in a neighbor's city 6 times going to be a change?
    Gifting gems - probably not. Gifting neighbors is in this update. You'll be able to gift all parts and permits as well. Helping more than 6 per day I haven't changed. Please remind me again later and I'll do what I can to look into how much people are earning from this and see if i can justify increasing it.

Why don't you like them? We're just allowing you a chance to get old stuff that's not available anymore. It's likely that we'll put items from upcoming content releases in a mystery box as well, so that players who like to gamble can get them early. We're also adding in some fun boxes that will cost coins and give you a chance to gamble for a chance at a Gem item or a wonder. The goal of these will be to sink up excess coins player's don't have anything to spend on

We're targeting lvl 55 for businesses, level 38 for residences, 40 for community buildings, and 31 for decorations.

Hard to say at this point. I'll be evaluating how much players are earning in xp per day, and i'll see about looking at the energy timer rates to balance that. Keep bugging me to give you a good answer on this please.

Gifting gems - probably not. Gifting neighbors is in this update. You'll be able to gift all parts and permits as well. Helping more than 6 per day I haven't changed. Please remind me again later and I'll do what I can to look into how much people are earning from this and see if i can justify increasing it.
    Thanks for the response!
    I'm convinced on the Mystery Boxes now. However, I am a bit concerned because if players buy a Mystery Box, whether it be coin or gem for a chance at old content, they might already have the item in their game and not want a duplicate.

And level 55 for all businesses? Or around that area?

I would love it if I could at least master a level every 2-5 days maybe. But of course that would have to be if the content was changed to lower levels, correct?

I would enjoy being able to help neighbors 6 times rather than 3. Sometimes I find my neighbors in the Community and it's hard to tell if they're my neighbors or not. Also, it's becoming (and it always has been) real hard for me to tell which buildings have already been helped. Could the flashing sparkles feature maybe be changed to something a bit more defining? If not, I'll just search for the Help icon above the buildings.

Also, MHz_, you mentioned that this entire update would require a client update; does that mean an update through the App Store?

And let me just add MHz_, I and many others appreciate all the work and effort going into the game. Having you on the forum, one on one, responding to each user individually makes us feel heard. And I love that you're taking our ideas and making them into a reality.
    This is really great!

Rhino Keeper
    Wow MHz. Good work!!

It is difficult to say until I get the chance to play through with the new changes. I don't have the stats to see what those changes are yet.

BTW I have IOS 4.3 do I need to update to IOS6 to play?

Designer of Worlds
    Thanks for the response!
    I'm convinced on the Mystery Boxes now. However, I am a bit concerned because if players buy a Mystery Box, whether it be coin or gem for a chance at old content, they might already have the item in their game and not want a duplicate.
    That's how it works. It's the cost you pay for a chance at the stuff you want that isn't available Or you can risk the coins at a chance for a gem item as well.

And level 55 for all businesses? Or around that area?
    Current plan will be for there to be a business unlocked at every level from 1-55. Future items will unlock after that. Ditto for residences/community/decorations.

I would love it if I could at least master a level every 2-5 days maybe. But of course that would have to be if the content was changed to lower levels, correct?
    That should be doable with all the extra energy from everything. Though it depends on what your level is. I'll try to address this better at a later time.

I would enjoy being able to help neighbors 6 times rather than 3. Sometimes I find my neighbors in the Community and it's hard to tell if they're my neighbors or not. Also, it's becoming (and it always has been) real hard for me to tell which buildings have already been helped. Could the flashing sparkles feature maybe be changed to something a bit more defining? If not, I'll just search for the Help icon above the buildings.
    5 or 6 per day is probably not going to be a problem for me to do. As for making it easier to see the icons, probably not much I can do yet.

Also, MHz_, you mentioned that this entire update would require a client update; does that mean an update through the App Store?
    Yes.

Current plan will be for there to be a business unlocked at every level from 1-55. Future items will unlock after that. Ditto for residences/community/decorations.

That should be doable with all the extra energy from everything. Though it depends on what your level is. I'll try to address this better at a later time.
    Let me understand clearly, that means that all of the content locked at a high level after the update will then be available ranging from levels 1-55. For example, the American Diner at level 85, will then be unlocked at level 55, and the other content locked at high levels such as the Parkview Hotel at 66 will be unlocked somewhere like level 40?

And I'm at level 53, going on 54 in about 5 days (tops). That means that with all the extra energy set at 100%, anything lower would not get me at level 54 in about 5 tops, correct?

Sorry if I'm confusing you!

Page 1 of 61 123451151 ... LastLast