Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Game more unstable than ever before (Crash CrAsH CRASH)

I agree that the crashing is worse now than ever. Before the past update crashing wasn't an issue unless I visited another island with a lot of dragons. My own island was stable because I put most of my dragons into the ever increasing dragon stable. The crashing is also almost always happening after an ad is shown, and what rubs salt into the wound is that they put the ads at end of a battle arena battle so sometimes you win a tough battle only for the game to crash. This is driving me nuts.
    Bye Attachment 67493
    Dble12win & 24win streak! -No$Spent!
    DragonS LB trophies (1crystl,51gld,27s,4b) Attachment 67493
    FantasyS LB trophies! (45gld,7s,4b) Attachment 54914

Crystl Trophy Shoplist:
    350m coins,23m food,18 10x boost,13k gld

2314Gld+BoostBreedWkend+DmdTmpl=
    Valint,Achlls,Helios,CrwnJwl,Quasr,Dmd-PrsmX3,Angl,Gld,Mercry&Crusadr
    My Rainbow Attachment 36684

My FashionS boutiques!
    -Beach Esplanade Attachment 35793 @JustKay
    -Fashion First gym Attachment 35795
    -Made in Meiji-era okiya Attachment 35794 @KayJust

BlossomPicnicAttachment 35799
    Monster!Attachment 36956

Banned
    I have brought this up a while ago. I got told it was my internet / old device. 2 years later the problem was never addressed. Chances S8 will fix it this time? As long as people spend money, they don't care.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by amerirish View Post
    Option 1: have flying dragons in a game that crashes every 3 minutes. Option 2: have dragons that walk around the nest but game doesn't crash as much. Is that a bit more clear?
    Not really, as I understood that from your original post. What confused me was the "I find that annoying anyway." I imagine that some people feel as you do, but I think many of us enjoy seeing the dragons fly. Different ones have different flying patterns. In another game I know, the dragons not only fly, but each one also has its own unique smoke that it blows, making it even more fun.

In this case, if it would prevent crashes, then yes, let's give up the flying and have dragons just walk around. But if it wouldn't actually improve game functionality, there is no sense in discontinuing this feature just because it "annoys" someone.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by mymonta View Post
    Not really, as I understood that from your original post. What confused me was the "I find that annoying anyway." I imagine that some people feel as you do, but I think many of us enjoy seeing the dragons fly. Different ones have different flying patterns. In another game I know, the dragons not only fly, but each one also has its own unique smoke that it blows, making it even more fun.

In this case, if it would prevent crashes, then yes, let's give up the flying and have dragons just walk around. But if it wouldn't actually improve game functionality, there is no sense in discontinuing this feature just because it "annoys" someone.
    What I said was that it annoys me "anyway" but the original idea was that the flying could be eliminated if that saved on what Elsa terms as "high graphics". I wasn't suggesting eliminating just because it annoys me, not at all. The only reason I don't like it is because I find that the flying dragons either get in the way of something else or I can't find them when they're up in the air sometimes.
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Quote Originally Posted by mymonta View Post
    Ummm, exactly. How are we supposed to video the crashes if we don't know when they are going to happen? 樂路*♀️樂路*♀️樂路*♀️樂路*♀️樂路*♀️樂路*♀️樂路*♀️
    I have three videos of such crashes. One happened while I was collecting coins, another while I was visiting a community member, and the third while I was about to send my Shatterfrost out on an adventure.

It is true that you cannot predict when these random crashes are going to occur, it’s sort of like trying to capture a photo of a tree being struck by lightning. So the only thing to do, as in trying to capture aforementioned photo, is to start the camera rolling before you start playing the game. If you get “lucky” and the game crashes, stop the recording and save the video. If not, stop the recording and delete the video.

But instead of just submitting the videos to Support or to Elsa via PM, couldn’t we also post them here as reference for everyone? That way we may all view the videos and agree or disagree (as in “vote”) on whether that is the crashing that we are all experiencing

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by amerirish View Post
    What I said was that it annoys me "anyway" but the original idea was that the flying could be eliminated if that saved on what Elsa terms as "high graphics". I wasn't suggesting eliminating just because it annoys me, not at all. The only reason I don't like it is because I find that the flying dragons either get in the way of something else or I can't find them when they're up in the air sometimes.
    Ahhh, gotcha! Yes, sometimes I also can't see a dragon when I click on it in its habitat because it is flying around somewhere high above the perimeter of my screen.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    I have three videos of such crashes. One happened while I was collecting coins, another while I was visiting a community member, and the third while I was about to send my Shatterfrost out on an adventure.

It is true that you cannot predict when these random crashes are going to occur, it’s sort of like trying to capture a photo of a tree being struck by lightning. So the only thing to do, as in trying to capture aforementioned photo, is to start the camera rolling before you start playing the game. If you get “lucky” and the game crashes, stop the recording and save the video. If not, stop the recording and delete the video.

But instead of just submitting the videos to Support or to Elsa via PM, couldn’t we also post them here as reference for everyone? That way we may all view the videos and agree or disagree (as in “vote”) on whether that is the crashing that we are all experiencing
    Yes, it would be good to see if we are all talking about the same thing.

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar

No, because it would require posting a third-party upload link, which isn't allowed on the public forum.

Please either submit the videos to support or to me via PM with an upload link and the Storm8 ID of the account.

Please note that we don't need theories on how to 'fix' an issue if there's an issue. If we identify there's a crash, the fix will be self-explanatory based on the cause. We just need the video of the crashes for investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    No, because it would require posting a third-party upload link, which isn't allowed on the public forum.

Please either submit the videos to support or to me via PM with an upload link and the Storm8 ID of the account.

Please note that we don't need theories on how to 'fix' an issue if there's an issue. If we identify there's a crash, the fix will be self-explanatory based on the cause. We just need the video of the crashes for investigation.
    Hi Elsa,

What if we used the Storm8 Forum feature of posting in-post videos? This feature will allow us to display and view videos within the post and will not take us to any external websites, avoiding third-party upload links. It will be just like how we view screenshots.

The suggestion to post the videos here is not to create a free-for-all to allow players to start giving ideas about fixing the game or bashing Storm8. Instead, it is to help players who do not know how to or cannot capture and submit videos to have an avenue where they may view the video of the crashes and confirm that they are facing the same issues. I see this as a win-win situation for DS players and Storm8; the players get to verify the problem, and the developers get to hear from multiple players that the issue is real, at once in a single place instead of from hundreds of support tickets.

Executive Chef
    Hi Elsa,

What if we used the Storm8 Forum feature of posting in-post videos? This feature will allow us to display and view videos within the post and will not take us to any external websites, avoiding third-party upload links. It will be just like how we view screenshots.

The suggestion to post the videos here is not to create a free-for-all to allow players to start giving ideas about fixing the game or bashing Storm8. Instead, it is to help players who do not know how to or cannot capture and submit videos to have an avenue where they may view the video of the crashes and confirm that they are facing the same issues. I see this as a win-win situation for DS players and Storm8; the players get to verify the problem, and the developers get to hear from multiple players that the issue is real, at once in a single place instead of from hundreds of support tickets.
    Ditto. I didn't understand why we would have to go to a third party website to view the videos when we can do it right here. And I agree with everything else you said, too.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast