Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: It looks like I going to say good buy to all my friends and neighbors

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Melany77 View Post
    Meeka, please try the following:
    - make sure you iPad has plenty of space (check in setting to see how much is available)
    -make sure your iPad is updated with the most recent update (check in setting)
    - reset your iPad (press and hold both home and power button until it shuts down and the apple icon appears)
    - if your app still doesn't open try delete then re-install

Sometimes I can't log in with my WiFi so I use my phone's internet and it works. So maybe try to open your game with a different internet connection (like a hot spot tethered from your phone's internet).

Do you have another device that you can try to open your game in? Try to log in say using a phone if you have one.

Your kingdom is awesome, I hope you find a way to get back to it.
    Thank you and I understand but I have tried all these , if you read the post above , I have over 32 G of space and I delete and reinstall my game as you see under spirit I posted a pic of how little space my game is taking up right now
    I clean out my history shut down my router . Gone to McD's and Dunkin to use their free internet .. Nothing seems to work

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    I think there are just some games they need to do manual fixes on. They have been working on, just haven't found the right fix for Meeka. I'm so sorry I can't do anything more... I'll keep checking the bug report for any info.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    I think there are just some games they need to do manual fixes on. They have been working on, just haven't found the right fix for Meeka. I'm so sorry I can't do anything more... I'll keep checking the bug report for any info.
    Thank you my dear friend

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by katbtodd View Post
    Thank you and I understand but I have tried all these , if you read the post above , I have over 32 G of space and I delete and reinstall my game as you see under spirit I posted a pic of how little space my game is taking up right now
    I clean out my history shut down my router . Gone to McD's and Dunkin to use their free internet .. Nothing seems to work
    Meeka,

I hope S8 finds a fix for you soon.
    Meanwhile, if I were you I would do a little test to see if it's the game or the device that is causing the problem. If you can find another device to open your game to see if it works there, you can rule out the case that your game is the problem. If you can't get another device, maybe try to ask a fellow CSer you trust to open your game (you can change your password in another CS app like BakeryStory and then change it back when done). If your game opens elsewhere, just not your iPad, then you can only wait for S8 to fix, or if they fail, purchase a new device.

I know my suggestion may be not that helpful. I just wanted to wish you good luck and hope you get back to your game soon.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Melany77 View Post
    Meeka,

I hope S8 finds a fix for you soon.
    Meanwhile, if I were you I would do a little test to see if it's the game or the device that is causing the problem. If you can find another device to open your game to see if it works there, you can rule out the case that your game is the problem. If you can't get another device, maybe try to ask a fellow CSer you trust to open your game (you can change your password in another CS app like BakeryStory and then change it back when done). If your game opens elsewhere, just not your iPad, then you can only wait for S8 to fix, or if they fail, purchase a new device.

I know my suggestion may be not that helpful. I just wanted to wish you good luck and hope you get back to your game soon.
    No other device here it's not just me there are many others too
    Go into,the bug forum you will see but thanks for trying to help

Executive Chef
    I can't find a pic of your storage available. I am looking to see how full your "other" storage space takes up, not the game itself. I had a problem on my iPad where I was getting a memory error message, my Other was massive. The fix for that was to empty my Mail cache by deleting then reinstalling my Mail (apparently on Apple devices every time you open Mail it stores a copy, only way to delete it is to delete then reinstall Mail). The other thing is to see if your RAM is overloading, a lot of this is apps running in backgroung constantly, specifically Location Services. Turning off Location Services, rebooting to clear the RAM, then restarting, would help this. Shutting off all apps except ones you are using helps with Android as well as Apple. Also clear your browser cookies, history, make sure nothing is open on device. Not sure if any of this was suggested before, plz forgive if so.....I am just responding to New Post saying you are leaving CS!
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SofiaDeo View Post
    I can't find a pic of your storage available. I am looking to see how full your "other" storage space takes up, not the game itself. I had a problem on my iPad where I was getting a memory error message, my Other was massive. The fix for that was to empty my Mail cache by deleting then reinstalling my Mail (apparently on Apple devices every time you open Mail it stores a copy, only way to delete it is to delete then reinstall Mail). The other thing is to see if your RAM is overloading, a lot of this is apps running in backgroung constantly, specifically Location Services. Turning off Location Services, rebooting to clear the RAM, then restarting, would help this. Shutting off all apps except ones you are using helps with Android as well as Apple. Also clear your browser cookies, history, make sure nothing is open on device. Not sure if any of this was suggested before, plz forgive if so.....I am just responding to New Post saying you are leaving CS!
    Is this what your looking for

Attachment 51039

Executive Chef
    Almost....show me Manage Storage.
    Attachment 51041

That's where you see how much of you storage is Other. You can see here that while my apps don't use a lot of storage, my Other cache is double my apps! I have to clear it regularly.....
    Although I am beginning to think this is largely a RAM/bandwidth issue, since so much of it is long time players who have massive inventories. As your device tries to load, the more massive your game is in terms of data trying to load on the bandwidth available, the more of your processor power it uses. So the more apps you have open, the more processor power lost to those apps. So you have less processor available to load the game.

The more those other open apps are sucking on your bandwidth (notably Location Services!) the less bandwidth available to load the (massive due to massive inventory) game, and the game will time out before it loads. I also set Mail to only send/ask to Manual; otherwise, like Location Services, your Mail will constantly be pinging your device. Any app open, even a browser, will ping your device constantly, sucking your processor power & bandwidth. Location Services apps ping almost constantly, which is why I recommend disabling them, unless you are using them. It only takes a few swipes to turn on Location Services in your browser to Google "restaurants near me" instead of leaving it on 24/7. Same for Google Maps & Apple Maps.....I don't want the constant drain on my processor & bandwidth with them pinging all day & night. (Plus it will save on Data use when not hooked up to WiFi)

I will bet real $ a lot of this is also due to excess game inventory. I went into my Dragon Story(which I have been playing longer than CS, and pretty much quit due to near constant resets) and deleted a bunch of inventory, and THAT game is working better. So maybe next time you can get into this game, consider deleting buildings/decos that you don't want anymore (if possible). S8 really really needs to figure out a way for us to delete old useless event items!

I also have trouble logging on during peak internet use in my region. Hence my suspicion that there are several factors involved in the inability to log in: RAM, bandwidth, and device storage.
    Last edited by SofiaDeo; 04-10-19 at 10:23 AM.
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SofiaDeo View Post
    Almost....show me Manage Storage.
    Attachment 51041

That's where you see how much of you storage is Other. You can see here that while my apps don't use a lot of storage, my Other cache is double my apps! I have to clear it regularly.....
    Although I am beginning to think this is largely a RAM/bandwidth issue, since so much of it is long time players who have massive inventories. As your device tries to load, the more massive your game is in terms of data trying to load on the bandwidth available, the more of your processor power it uses. So the more apps you have open, the more processor power lost to those apps. So you have less processor available to load the game.

The more other open apps are sucking on your bandwidth (notably Location Services!) the less bandwidth available to load the (massive due to massive inventory) game, and the game will time out before it loads. I also set Mail to only send/ask to Manual; otherwise, like Location Services, your Mail will constantly be pinging your device. Any app open, even a browser, will ping your device constantly, sucking your processor power & bandwidth. Location Services apps ping almost constantly, which is why I recommend disabling them, unless you are using them. It only takes a few swipes to turn on Location Services in your browser to Google "restaurants near me" instead of leaving it on 24/7. Same for Google Maps & Apple Maps.....I don't want the constant drain on my processor & bandwidth with them pinging all day & night. (Plus it will save on Data use when not hooked up to WiFi)

I will bet real $ a lot of this is also due to excess game inventory. I went into my Dragon Story(which I have been playing longer than CS, and pretty much quit due to near constant resets) and deleted a bunch of inventory, and THAT game is working better. So maybe next time you can get into this game, consider deleting buildings/decos that you don't want anymore (if possible). S8 really really needs to figure out a way for us to delete old useless event items!

I also have trouble logging on during peak internet use in my region. Hence my suspicion that there are several factors involved in the inability to log in: RAM, bandwidth, and device storage.
    Yes I had started deleting stuff in my inventory , or selling it Before all this happen
    I never seen that bar before , I'm on a iPad not a phone

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by katbtodd View Post
    Yes I had started deleting stuff in my inventory , or selling it Before all this happen
    I never seen that bar before , I'm on a iPad not a phone
    Go into main General settings tab
    Attachment 51043Tap on iPad storage in the General tab, you then see:
    Attachment 51044That's how you can see how full your Other is. This also shows how much of your storage is really used.
    Is your device old? Or didyou recently update your iOS? Your General screen doesn't look like mine. I always wait at least 6 months after iOS comes out with an update to do so, I don't allow automatic updates. I wonder if the newest iOS is not compatible on iPad with the current CS software; remember, after iOS update, CS staff needs to check for compatibility, and then fix problems. I always told my clients NOT to update any software ASAP, then they never had problems when there were incompatibilities. I wonder if this newish spate of "unable to log in" correlates with the recent iOs update. Are you on iOS 12.2? I am not. Still on 11.2.6. The new iOS update was supposed to fix (among other things) an issue in Settings > General > IPhone Storage , but since we are using iPads this update might glitch the iPad. The only update I do when it appears is the game itself.

From what you showed, the bottom line is Manage Storage. Show me that. It will show how much of your storage is used for what. When more than 2/3-3/4 of any computer-like device is full, problems start to occur due to insufficient RAM.
    Last edited by SofiaDeo; 04-10-19 at 10:39 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast