Thread: Suggestions: Time/Weather

Shaw

Red face Suggestions: Time/Weather

How about including the time of day in the game environment. Perhaps players could set their own clock based on timezone, and then the sun would come up and go down accordingly?

Also, it might be interesting to have some rainy days, or cloudy days where you can see shadows, or some other weather effects. I don't know if changing seasons would be too ambitious... how would winter work?

Just a couple of thoughts.

**EDIT - Oh, and how about being able to name the animals on your farm?
    Last edited by Unregistered; 05-24-10 at 11:41 AM.

ilikecookiez13

Thumbs up

I think its a good idea with the timebased environment.
    Don't know how seasons will work out, but still a nice idea.

Unregistered

Definitely

I defintely would have to agree. That would be pretty awesome if something like that could be done. Further more how about expanding that idea. Let's say you want to be nocturnal, certain vegetables, fruits. Etc could only be planted at a certain time of day. Therefore players are enforced to calculate specifically on when to plant their crops. This will add a new level of strategy to the game. Just a thought. Add me Chief Mallow
    and about naming ur animals, good idea aswell. I wouldnt mine that, i would like to call one of my cows Bessie or big Bertha lol. FYI I don't have a cow yet, but I am saving for one

MacLAK

Bad idea....

You miss something important...

Ok, Farm story is a collaborative game, and not a PvP game like others Storm8 games.

But the S8 ID is the SAME across these games... Knowing the timezone of somebody, especially someone you don't like (or who farms you in another game) is a too big tactical advantage: you could then bash him when he sleeps, and Farm Story would become a tank of ghost players, coming here only for spying purpose.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by MacLAK View Post
    You miss something important...

Ok, Farm story is a collaborative game, and not a PvP game like others Storm8 games.

But the S8 ID is the SAME across these games... Knowing the timezone of somebody, especially someone you don't like (or who farms you in another game) is a too big tactical advantage: you could then bash him when he sleeps, and Farm Story would become a tank of ghost players, coming here only for spying purpose.
    I don't think developers would make it visable for others to see what daytime it is for others.
    Maybe they could make an envirenment option which requires a time you need to fill in so the game can apply to your preference.
    Only for the looks. No benefits.