Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Egyptian Cruise Catering Event

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by dalielahdawn View Post
    Seems like the closer I get to end the more one and two coin orders I get. I have counters loaded with 3 and four coin foods, but all it asked for is eggs Benedict and lettuce. Grrr.
    I know same here! I have refreshed so many times and can't get any 4 coin items.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by pythan View Post
    Sorry I do not understand the above statement
    Can you try to explain again?
    I am stuck in day 2 as I do not have the ingredients to cook
    N keep on refreshing for easier dishes

Also pls advise how can I proceed faster ?
    Thank you

Where it says finish now for X amount of coins, get X as low as possible. Now refresh all your options until you get three 4 coin dishes. Take the rest of the day to complete those orders, turn them in but do NOT deliver them. Then spend your few gems to finish the day, saving all your 4 coin dishes for the next day.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by travelingcircus View Post
    It would be nice if the daily coin count was included in the first post with other relevant info so we didn't have to search for it everyday in the mass of posts.��
    It's actually there now. Today is 300 gems to finish. The same values remain - 4 coins =60 gems etc.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by shedenh View Post
    I know same here! I have refreshed so many times and can't get any 4 coin items.
    Just run with the two and one coins. The time will pass anyway and you'll earn something instead of wasting half hour earning nothing towards delivery.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by pythan View Post
    Sorry I do not understand the above statement
    Can you try to explain again?
    I am stuck in day 2 as I do not have the ingredients to cook
    N keep on refreshing for easier dishes

Also pls advise how can I proceed faster ?
    Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    In other words:
    In the image above I need 60 gems to finish for the day.
    If I make the two deliveries (3 coin antipasto & 2 coin Greek salad) then I will need to make deliveries worth 10 gems to finish for the day.

What deuce is suggesting is that you refresh until you get a 1 coin order. 1 coin orders are worth 5 gems.

Once that is completed, you will then have a remaining 5 gems needed to finish for the day. He suggests that, instead of making another 1 coin delivery, you refresh all three order slots until you get them with 4 coin orders for food in each slot. Then you hit the "purple finish now for 5 gems" and finish for the day.
    You would then work on filling all three of those 4 coin orders and have them ready for delivery to the ship the next day.
    It costs you 5 gems but some players think it is worth it to have three completed 4 coin slots waiting just to be delivered the next day.

It costs you 5 gems but some players think it is worth it to have three completed 4 coin slots waiting just to be delivered the next day.
    I like it because it lets you spend just a few gems to get some more control over the situation. None of this 200 gems for an extra slot nonsense. Plus, it's great if you have one particular day you know will be bad bc of real life, you can preload that day to give yourself an edge. Also useful as the last few days tend to be quite tough, compared with the first few. It's a great idea, overall! Not for everyone, but more options is always better.

Rhino Keeper
    Just run with the two and one coins. The time will pass anyway and you'll earn something instead of wasting half hour earning nothing towards delivery.
    I am trying to set up for tomorrow. I have today finished when I deliver but wanted to get a 4 coin for a start in the morning. Seems all I can get are 1 and 2 coin foods

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by shedenh View Post
    I am trying to set up for tomorrow. I have today finished when I deliver but wanted to get a 4 coin for a start in the morning. Seems all I can get are 1 and 2 coin foods
    Same thing happened to me yesterday. They're onto us.

Grand Emperor
    In other words:
    In the image above I need 60 gems to finish for the day.
    If I make the two deliveries (3 coin antipasto & 2 coin Greek salad) then I will need to make deliveries worth 10 gems to finish for the day.

What deuce is suggesting is that you refresh until you get a 1 coin order. 1 coin orders are worth 5 gems.

Once that is completed, you will then have a remaining 5 gems needed to finish for the day. He suggests that, instead of making another 1 coin delivery, you refresh all three order slots until you get them with 4 coin orders for food in each slot. Then you hit the "purple finish now for 5 gems" and finish for the day.
    You would then work on filling all three of those 4 coin orders and have them ready for delivery to the ship the next day.
    You can also fill your coin deliveries before you pay the 5 gems (send the last delivery if you don't care what random delivery you'll get to start the next day), then you will have the deliveries collected and not taking up pantry, appliance, and/or counter space while you wait for the next day.

I try to start the day with two 3-4 coin deliveries ready to go and one random one. I can still get done with plenty of time. However, I'm going to have a busy weekend and may try the 5 gem approach for the 10th day. I got a 9th hammer yesterday and will wait for the last day to upgrade my seafood shop, so I'll have the extra refresh on the ingredients.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by cathycathy1 View Post
    Thank you for clarifying. Is there any reason they can't stick around?
    At this time, those recipes are just a fun addition to the event. I'll let the team know you're interested in those recipes being more permanent, though!

Quote Originally Posted by 007war View Post
    I already mastered both recipes. Will they disappear after the event?
    Congrats on mastering those recipes! These recipes are limited, so they will disappear after the event is over.