Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Event: Rock 'n' Roll Catering

Grand Emperor
    The problem with the same food on different counters is a known problem. It was first reported 3 1/2 months ago: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....d-not-stacking

Its been seen by many and apparently not a priority to fix.

I didn't know about the event until the next day after release so I am a day behind, but today I had lobster thermidor cookng on 2 ovens, then got lobster bisque. Being a day away from getting more lobsters, and only one oven to cook them on, I refreshed lobster bisque, as well as other recipes. I have no problem refreshing requests that can't be done in a timely manner.

The day is 24 hrs for all of us, and we all have to sleep. It happens at different times of the day, and we have to adjust and plan to get things done during normal waking hours.

Rhino Keeper
    I know it's 24 hrs for everyone and that we all have to sleep. My issue is that a lot of the time is spent WAITING for the next part to unlock and when it unlocks it's in the middle of the nite. So, today for example. I have 14 hrs to wait until it unlock and when it unlocks it will be 3am... Since i go to sleep around 2am and won't be up until 10am then for 22hrs I can't do anything on this and it just SUCKS. I think it's a bad way of doing this. If you have 6 days it should be 6 days and we should not have long period of time to wait for the next part to unlock. In castle story if you have 12 days to do something, you just keep going and they don't stop you all the time waiting for the next part. Sometimes people have things planned and knowing a day you won't be available to play another day you might do more but with this process it's impossible to try to pace yourself and make sure you can complete in time. The Hula girl was the ONLY quest I didn't finish of all the games I play thru all the years. The reason I didn't finish was all the time wasted waiting for the next step to unlock. Just my opinion. I am at level 49 with a pretty good size pantry of 120 and all my stores have 2 on the fruits, 3 on general, 3 on butcher, 4 on veggie & 3 on seafood and I find it VERY HARD to get this done. I can only imagine lower level players with smaller pantry and items.... or maybe they have an advantage because their recipe have to be easier and without seafood and long wait items like lobster, celery...?

Rhino Keeper
    Your post says 3:44 a.m. It's 11:15 p.m. here in Texas. Mine starts over at 3:00 a.m. too. I agree though. I finished day 2 with 16 hours. And I won't be up til 6:00. It is a lot of wasted time.

I have no idea what day 3 holds. I have tried to hold on to lobster. I have 6 with 2 items cooked and restaurant door blocked.

I'm at level 49, 95 stars, and 4 items in all my stores. I don't have all the dishes unlocked. But I have all the fruits & veggies. I only have 85 in my pantry though. My street market has 6 open and my garden has 8 open. I'm afraid with even all this the last 2 days will probably be 400 or 500. Those are long hard cooking days when you stay locked. I would love to work ahead.

But with all this said. I love the game and o think the creators do a great job. I see fixes in every update. Maybe they will one day change this too.

Good night, good luck , and God Bless. :-)

Farm Supplier
    I have cooked a surf and turf twice for delivery. So there ate some left overs. At the same time I finished another delivery and a surf and turf came in place of this greek salad I think it was. I saw that the left over surf and turf I could add to my new delivery. So I think I only need to cook ot once more I think....It was a compelete eye opener for me.

So anyone tell me this.. If I turn around all the chairs and block the door.. Does this mean I can cook all random stuff and just stack them and keep them untill I can ship it off to delivery..?!

Rhino Keeper
    I have no idea why it shows 3:44am since i am in Florida. LOL how can I change that? Right now it is 2:26

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by chewingmilk View Post
    I have cooked a surf and turf twice for delivery. So there ate some left overs. At the same time I finished another delivery and a surf and turf came in place of this greek salad I think it was. I saw that the left over surf and turf I could add to my new delivery. So I think I only need to cook ot once more I think....It was a compelete eye opener for me.

So anyone tell me this.. If I turn around all the chairs and block the door.. Does this mean I can cook all random stuff and just stack them and keep them untill I can ship it off to delivery..?!
    Yes you can stack food this way. I put chairs in storage instead of turning them around and blocking the door. I also have most of my appliances with food that isn't already on a counter.

Farm Supplier
    Day4 ;
    4 stars give 87 gems
    2 stars give 22 gems

Total 400 gems

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by ginourmous View Post
    I have no idea why it shows 3:44am since i am in Florida. LOL how can I change that? Right now it is 2:26
    I'm not sure about you but my time it shows UTC (GMT) time. So its not a local time for any of us.

Day 4 - 400 gems

1 cruise ship = 7 gems
    2 cruise ships = 21 gems
    3 cruise ships = 51 gems
    4 cruise ships = 88 gems

Executive Chef
    For day 4 my first 3 coin order was worth 50 gems but the next 3 3 coin orders for me were worth 51. Weird.

Already need only 197 gems left because it kept requesting orders of my stacked recipes!
    | FFS ~ Level 101 || RS2 ~ Level 44 || BS2 ~ Level 26 |

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast